Paulding.com

Brian Kemp owes more than $800,000 in insider loans to bank he helped start

Wouldn't it be nice to have a bank act as a personal piggy-bank during lean times?

Ganduri says bank loans to insiders, like Kemp, are governed by Federal Reserve laws. He says some bankers like making these loans to wealthy board members and shareholders since they're good credit risks and wouldn't want to harm the bank. But others worry about insider loans for one main reason.

“There are potential conflicts of interests. The insiders can treat these loans as a private piggy bank,” says Ganduri.

Ganduri says the Federal reserve sets strict requirements that loans be on the same terms a bank would give any other borrower. In short: no special terms or advantages.

So, we asked Brian Kemp's campaign staff to disclose the terms of his insider loans, to see if he was treated just like any other customer. They refused to share the information.
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/brian-kemp-owes-more-than-800-000-in-insider-loans-to-bank-he-helped-start

There are no facts showing any wrongdoing in that article.

You condone concealing information? His campaign has no interest in transparency. There is usually a reason for hiding information. If they had nothing to hide, they would share the requested information with Fox 5. Concealing facts about improprieties doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Like 1

Somewhat of a misleading article, and cptlo is correct that there's absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing.

I don't know the situation of the second company offhand, but for one of the companies, the truth is that Kemp is an 8% owner. The article makes it sound like it's all about Kemp himself. The company borrowed the money in '08 if memory serves, and then the economy tanked, leaving the business in financial struggles.

Certainly not a good thing, but not unlike a whole lot of businesses at the time. One of my companies struggled badly around that time as well. Luckily, we didn't owe any debt, but things did get thin for awhile.

Again, absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing on Kemp's part with this.

Somewhat of a misleading article, and cptlo is correct that there's absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing.

I don't know the situation of the second company offhand, but for one of the companies, the truth is that Kemp is an 8% owner. The article makes it sound like it's all about Kemp himself. The company borrowed the money in '08 if memory serves, and then the economy tanked, leaving the business in financial struggles.

Certainly not a good thing, but not unlike a whole lot of businesses at the time. One of my companies struggled badly around that time as well. Luckily, we didn't owe any debt, but things did get thin for awhile.

Again, absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing on Kemp's part with this.

There is nothing in the article that vindicates him of wrongdoing either. So, why won't Kemp share the requested information? Got something to hide?

Edited by COWA
  • Like 1

There is nothing in the article that vindicates him of wrongdoing either. So, why won't Kemp share the requested information? Got something to hide?

So as with Kavenaugh, he's guilty until proven innocent? Is this the way of the Democrats? I think the Constitution would disagree with you.

There are no facts showing any wrongdoing in that article.

That's pretty much how conservatives judge what is right and wrong in other words if you screw your neighbors autistic sixteen year old daughter it's ok because statutory rape in GA is fifteen or younger.

That's pretty much how conservatives judge what is right and wrong in other words if you screw your neighbors autistic sixteen year old daughter it's ok because statutory rape in GA is fifteen or younger.

That is an idiotic comment.

• Like 2

I didn't vote for Trump but I'm loving how he has taken up residence in the minds of most liberals. I did vote for Kemp and it's going to be entertaining to watch the liberals on here lose their minds during his time as governor.

Specially the way it takes him ten minutes to spit out a sentence,

Abrams had sex with a dog. Now let her prove she didn't. Can't you guys on the left see how idiotic that sounds?

Dude, that's animal cruelty!

I didn't vote for Trump but I'm loving how he has taken up residence in the minds of most liberals. I did vote for Kemp and it's going to be entertaining to watch the liberals on here lose their minds during his time as governor.

Confucius say: "One must have mind before one can lose mind"

• Like 1

I literally laugh any time I hear this.

Do you have any idea how many times I saw something like this when I was a bankruptcy paralegal? It happens all the time. Nothing new here. You folks make it sound like he is the only person in the world to ever do this! Get real. It's not a damn bit worse than all the debt Ms. Abrams has. Tit for tat.

• Like 1

I literally laugh any time I hear this.

Do you have any idea how many times I saw something like this when I was a bankruptcy paralegal? It happens all the time. Nothing new here. You folks make it sound like he is the only person in the world to ever do this! Get real. It's not a damn bit worse than all the debt Ms. Abrams has. Tit for tat.

So besides get coffee for real lawyers what does a paralegal do ?

You are very wrong about this. I’ve worked with many paralegals and let me tell you, you barely have enough time to have any kind of life with a job like that. Trust me on that one.

• Like 5

You are very wrong about this. I’ve worked with many paralegals and let me tell you, you barely have enough time to have any kind of life with a job like that. Trust me on that one.

You and I rarely agree, but I'm right with you on this one.

Cain has had a thing lately for putting people down because of what they do for a living. Whether one shovels poop all day or is a brain surgeon; working for a living is honorable and no one should be criticized for their occupation (well, so long as it's legal).

• Like 2

You and I rarely agree, but I'm right with you on this one.

Cain has had a thing lately for putting people down because of what they do for a living. Whether one shovels poop all day or is a brain surgeon; working for a living is honorable and no one should be criticized for their occupation (well, so long as it's legal).

That's the difference between conservatives and level headed people. We aren't afraid to disagree with one another. Conservatives must tow the partisan line.

• Like 1

I do not have to lower myself to your standards.

For the most part--I had good bosses that I worked with and they NEVER expected me to do anything except my job. It is a very busy, stressful job in most law offices.

• Like 2