Paulding.com

Has it come to this ?

What is the possible motivation for sending fake bombs to prominent Democrats ? ? ?

:unknw:

What would you call it if Muslims are found to have done this? What would you call it if Republicans were targeted? You would call it terrorism wouldn't you? Political intimidation. Some people play stoopid and some others aren't playing.

• Like 2
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. You know I almost hope it is a mental issue...I may not agree with everything that republicans do but I wouldn’t wish harm or death to anyone, it is so sad that someone gets this enraged over politi

We know Pubby is an admitted racist (he said so on here at one point) and he likes to call other people racist. Maybe he's using similar reasoning for calling others misogynists.

Oh, tell him you love him! You know you do.   - Jamie

Posted Images

What is the possible motivation for sending fake bombs to prominent Democrats ? ? ?

To take the focus off of not having a platform or a viable argument.

The "bombing" scheme was given birth by the same intelligencia that dredged up Christine Blasey Ford.

But, hey, maybe Muller can look into this, his Russian probe is done.

• Like 2

You guys are really something, Democrats are searching South America for people to walk to America, inventing rape victims, and mailing bombs to the media their supporters and themselves .

My God.

At this point you haven't just gone off the deep end you've gone off the freaking cliff.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 2

You guys are really something, Democrats are searching South America for people to walk to America, inventing rape victims, and mailing bombs to the media their supporters and themselves .

My God.

At this point you haven't just gone off the deep end you've gone off the freaking cliff.

Don't you still believe 9/11 was carried out by Bush and Company?

- Jamie

• Like 2

What would you call it if Muslims are found to have done this? What would you call it if Republicans were targeted? You would call it terrorism wouldn't you? Political intimidation. Some people play stoopid and some others aren't playing.

I would not hestitate to call this terrorism, it is clearly terrorism.

The motivation is entirely political in nature.

That's the very definition of terrorism.

Now whether this was intended to help or hurt the Democrats remains to be seen...

I dunno and neither do you...

We can both speculate, but until a suspect is identified, that seems like a pointless exercise.

Whoever this person turns out to be, they certainly wanted to be noticed.

In that sense, it appears to have went exactly according to plan.

8)

• Like 3

Don't you still believe 9/11 was carried out by Bush and Company?

- Jamie

I still believe and the evidence shows we have not been told the whole story. Today as I watch our government bend over backwards to cover for the Saudi's murder of a journalist I am reminded that every hijacker on those planes were Saudi nationals.

I would not hestitate to call this terrorism, it is clearly terrorism.

The motivation is entirely political in nature.

That's the very definition of terrorism.

Now whether this was intended to help or hurt the Democrats remains to be seen...

I dunno and neither do you...

We can both speculate, but until a suspect is identified, that seems like a pointless exercise.

Whoever this person turns out to be, they certainly wanted to be noticed.

In that sense, it appears to have went exactly according to plan.

8)

This is a coordinated attack against Soros, Eric Holder, Robert De Niro, Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz and possibly others. This is not some deranged individual this is an organized attack that will likely go unsolved just as the anthrax attacks that killed 5 people and targeted Tom Brokaw, Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy went unsolved. This isn't an attack that came from the left as much as the right would have you believe.

If true (I have also seem reports that this is exaggerated), I sincerely hope they find who is responsible and deal with them accordingly. And I would caution everyone about making assumptions as to who or what group is behind it.

To answer your question, yes I'm afraid that it has come to this. There has been so much hate spread, people are at the breaking point. I absolutely do not condone this; as Dr. King often stated, hate begets hate, love is the only answer. So I would encourage all who might read this and give a damn what I post to NOT fall to the level of those who have spread the hate. I will not go as far as to place blame since this is in the cafe and a news article at this point. But yes, it is politics that has created this environment.

As I read this, there is one likelihood and two highly unlikely scenarios that would be devastating to the practice of politics if true.

The likely scenario is a cell of crazies who like the right wing crew that was trying to incite a revolution three or four years ago by blowing up federal buildings in Georgia. We discussed it here in part because some Pennsylvania sheriff, who made an ass of himself during the Obama years, was saying thing as part of an undercover FBI operation to ferret out the wackos. I'm of the opinion that a permutation of this scenario will almost certainly be the outcome of the investigation. This is the expected outcome. Historically this has happened many times from Medgar Evers to the talk show host in Denver to bombing of women's clinics. There are plenty of wackos out there and sometimes they succeed in killing identified targets. (Upon reflection, you might include MLK, Jack and Bobby on this list as well.)

Obviously, the public record is these perps are not very proficient or professional and they will likely be caught and sentenced probably ten years to serve for mailing this crap. .

The first very unlikely option is if this were somehow a silly, stupid, 'false-flag' operation of some democratic faction seeking to raise the emotional level of the left by suggesting they are under attack in time to get them out to vote in November. The likelihood that federal LEO including postal inspectors are very, very proficient at tracking and prosecuting this kind of stupidity is a big, big strike against this likelihood. The risk of being caught is too great and certainly a GOP DOJ would be more than eager, capable and motivated to nail some democratic dirty tricksters to the wall.

The other unlikely scenario is that this is a Russian psychops operation performed with the intent of sending a message to the Clintons, Obamas, the former AG, select members of the intelligence community, and news media that they will be attacked FOR REAL after the election if they, for instance, call foul when the ballots are manipulated and the GOP holds both the house and Senate because of widespread election rigging.

You know, just a nice public threat that is expected to remain a mystery until a time it makes no difference.

I'm still betting on the most likely scenario which is the right-wing wacko theory.

I am troubled by your reply, though GD ... Maybe it is indicative of the trust issues that exist when every other word of the president is a distortion if not an outright lie. .

See, when you say, "I sincerely hope they find who is responsible and deal with them accordingly." I don't know what that means in a Trump world ... does it mean they're given medals and called out at the state of the union? I mean it wouldn't be the craziest thing this guy's pulled.

I mean when you refuse to answer definitively that the president is subject to the law; when you turn a blind eye to serious concerns covering a wide gamut of issues and instead blow BS that everything is okay 'cause the economy is working, I lose confidence that you actually believe in the underlying institutions that I think most Americans cherish.

As far as the notion of bullying and violence as a method of social control and the reality that people will die in the midst of conflicts like those we are experiencing. I mean in the Civil War, over 670,000 men on both sides died in that conflict. The labor conflicts of the period between 1\880 and 2000 no doubt counted literal thousands of victims whether it was the manager blown up by the union guy or the massacre of dozens of people in Haymarket square or the thousands who died fighting for civil rights. I think the thing that many overlook is that this is not at all new. I mean we just opened a museum that acknowledges some 4500 lynchings around the country in the last century.

What is not being discussed is the world situation this 'domestic conflict' will decide.

Literally, it poses the challenge to us whether we will look to future with any morality as we are forced to face the dislocation of potentially billions of people in the next 20-25 years because of climate change. I mean we can do as Trump is begging now with his 'caravan' ... blow the homeless away with an Army protecting our borders from illegals ... except on a grand scale involving lots of zeros and with droughts and famines, the prospect that solent green will be palatable as Trump burgers.

I mean what do you expect when you ignore, duck, sidestep and bloviate falsely about key critical issues we face for forty years? It is going to be a hard time and a time where our morality will be tested.

My gut is that with Trump and his successors and fellow travelers at the helm we enter this supreme test of morality armed only with vindictive greed, ignorant entitlement and a lust for prevarication as our only weapons. In other words, Trump is our leader in the moral test of the ages.

I'm sure all the evangelicals are so proud and confident of their choice for nationalism (you don't need the white on the front) and transactional morality in this contest that will ultimately define humanity.

pubby

PS: Ooops is not an answer on judgement day.

If true (I have also seem reports that this is exaggerated), I sincerely hope they find who is responsible and deal with them accordingly. And I would caution everyone about making assumptions as to who or what group is behind it.

To answer your question, yes I'm afraid that it has come to this. There has been so much hate spread, people are at the breaking point. I absolutely do not condone this; as Dr. King often stated, hate begets hate, love is the only answer. So I would encourage all who might read this and give a damn what I post to NOT fall to the level of those who have spread the hate. I will not go as far as to place blame since this is in the cafe and a news article at this point. But yes, it is politics that has created this environment.

As I read this, there is one likelihood and two highly unlikely scenarios that would be devastating to the practice of politics if true.

The likely scenario is a cell of crazies who like the right wing crew that was trying to incite a revolution three or four years ago by blowing up federal buildings in Georgia. We discussed it here in part because some Pennsylvania sheriff, who made an ass of himself during the Obama years, was saying thing as part of an undercover FBI operation to ferret out the wackos. I'm of the opinion that a permutation of this scenario will almost certainly be the outcome of the investigation. This is the expected outcome. Historically this has happened many times from Medgar Evers to the talk show host in Denver to bombing of women's clinics. There are plenty of wackos out there and sometimes they succeed in killing identified targets. (Upon reflection, you might include MLK, Jack and Bobby on this list as well.)

Obviously, the public record is these perps are not very proficient or professional and they will likely be caught and sentenced probably ten years to serve for mailing this crap. .

The first very unlikely option is if this were somehow a silly, stupid, 'false-flag' operation of some democratic faction seeking to raise the emotional level of the left by suggesting they are under attack in time to get them out to vote in November. The likelihood that federal LEO including postal inspectors are very, very proficient at tracking and prosecuting this kind of stupidity is a big, big strike against this likelihood. The risk of being caught is too great and certainly a GOP DOJ would be more than eager, capable and motivated to nail some democratic dirty tricksters to the wall.

The other unlikely scenario is that this is a Russian psychops operation performed with the intent of sending a message to the Clintons, Obamas, the former AG, select members of the intelligence community, and news media that they will be attacked FOR REAL after the election if they, for instance, call foul when the ballots are manipulated and the GOP holds both the house and Senate because of widespread election rigging.

You know, just a nice public threat that is expected to remain a mystery until a time it makes no difference.

I'm still betting on the most likely scenario which is the right-wing wacko theory.

I am troubled by your reply, though GD ... Maybe it is indicative of the trust issues that exist when every other word of the president is a distortion if not an outright lie. .

See, when you say, "I sincerely hope they find who is responsible and deal with them accordingly." I don't know what that means in a Trump world ... does it mean they're given medals and called out at the state of the union? I mean it wouldn't be the craziest thing this guy's pulled.

I mean when you refuse to answer definitively that the president is subject to the law; when you turn a blind eye to serious concerns covering a wide gamut of issues and instead blow BS that everything is okay 'cause the economy is working, I lose confidence that you actually believe in the underlying institutions that I think most Americans cherish.

As far as the notion of bullying and violence as a method of social control and the reality that people will die in the midst of conflicts like those we are experiencing. I mean in the Civil War, over 670,000 men on both sides died in that conflict. The labor conflicts of the period between 1\880 and 2000 no doubt counted literal thousands of victims whether it was the manager blown up by the union guy or the massacre of dozens of people in Haymarket square or the thousands who died fighting for civil rights. I think the thing that many overlook is that this is not at all new. I mean we just opened a museum that acknowledges some 4500 lynchings around the country in the last century.

What is not being discussed is the world situation this 'domestic conflict' will decide.

Literally, it poses the challenge to us whether we will look to future with any morality as we are forced to face the dislocation of potentially billions of people in the next 20-25 years because of climate change. I mean we can do as Trump is begging now with his 'caravan' ... blow the homeless away with an Army protecting our borders from illegals ... except on a grand scale involving lots of zeros and with droughts and famines, the prospect that solent green will be palatable as Trump burgers.

I mean what do you expect when you ignore, duck, sidestep and bloviate falsely about key critical issues we face for forty years? It is going to be a hard time and a time where our morality will be tested.

My gut is that with Trump and his successors and fellow travelers at the helm we enter this supreme test of morality armed only with vindictive greed, ignorant entitlement and a lust for prevarication as our only weapons. In other words, Trump is our leader in the moral test of the ages.

I'm sure all the evangelicals are so proud and confident of their choice for nationalism (you don't need the white on the front) and transactional morality in this contest that will ultimately define humanity.

pubby

PS: Ooops is not an answer on judgement day.

First off, you plagiarized my post. I'm quoting for posterity.

And I'm not surprised that you are troubled by my plea to always choose love over hate. The party you are sworn to is nothing but hate these days.

You loyal Democrats are in for a huge surprise when you find out how many of your former supporters have joined the #walkaway movement and are dedicated to removing the Democrats from power.

Back to the topic...there's still a lot of information about the bomb issue that just doesn't make sense. I'm interested in getting to the bottom of it.

This is a coordinated attack against Soros, Eric Holder, Robert De Niro, Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz and possibly others. This is not some deranged individual this is an organized attack that will likely go unsolved just as the anthrax attacks that killed 5 people and targeted Tom Brokaw, Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy went unsolved. This isn't an attack that came from the left as much as the right would have you believe.

Please post your proof.

We'll wait.

The anthrax attacks were solved.

All the evidence pointed to one man...

8)

And I'm not surprised that you are troubled by my plea to always choose love over hate. The party you are sworn to is nothing but hate these days.

You loyal Democrats are in for a huge surprise when you find out how many of your former supporters have joined the #walkaway movement and are dedicated to removing the Democrats from power.

Back to the topic...there's still a lot of information about the bomb issue that just doesn't make sense. I'm interested in getting to the bottom of it.

Please post your proof.

We'll wait.

Who is we? Hasn't this been covered before? Are you the spokesperson for others? How did you become the spokesperson if you aren't even the sharpest knife? I'm not so sure you aren't a spoon.

Anyone that can't see the writing on the wall is daft. All of the evidence points to the right.

The anthrax attacks were solved.

All the evidence pointed to one man...

8)

Oh that's right Bruce Ivins who just happened to kill himself before there was discovery or a trial.

Bless your heart. Google is your friend sweetie.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

^^^

Disingenuous ? Definitely

Insincere ? Of course

Playing to an audience ? Obviously

Funny as cheeze ? You betcha !

All you're doing by constantly indicating that I'm lying about this is demonstrating the hate that you are filled with. You are truly incapable of seeing the other side.

Are they fake? Last I heard, they have been sent to the FBI headquarters and at least one had glass shards in it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/suspicious-packages-pipe-bomb-clinton-obama-cnn-nyc-wasserman-schultz-office-live-updates/

I have no idea.

Some law enforcement sources and bomb disposal experts

are saying they were designed to be noticed and obvious...

The fact that none of them have went off is a pretty big clue.

My only hope at this point is that they catch the perp quickly and nobody gets hurt...

• Like 1

Who is we? Hasn't this been covered before? Are you the spokesperson for others? How did you become the spokesperson if you aren't even the sharpest knife? I'm not so sure you aren't a spoon.

Anyone that can't see the writing on the wall is daft. All of the evidence points to the right.

There is zero evidence that it points to the right. If you have some, post it. But I know you can't.

I'm not a spokesman for anyone buy myself. It would seem that my generic use of the term "we" scares you. Maybe it should.

Finally, what is your problem that you have to be a jerk all the time. I've really been trying hard to be civil after the recent mod warning, but if you're going to be allowed to be so toxic, this playing nice stuff is not going to work.

All you're doing by constantly indicating that I'm lying about this is demonstrating the hate that you are filled with. You are truly incapable of seeing the other side.

I hate liver, cold days and robo calls but I don't hate you. I do however see through your BS, your pandering to an audience, your dishonesty deception,distractions and lies.

I may not like you but I don't hate you .

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

I hate liver, cold days and robo calls but I don't hate you. I do however see through your BS, your pandering to an audience, your dishonesty deception,distractions and lies.

Oh, tell him you love him! You know you do.

- Jamie

• Like 3

Politics and drama queens aside from an investigative view a couple of things will be determined in the near future. These packages are crude and the bombs are poorly designed and constructed. Why would you use timers on a contact device? The timers either are non functional or just a really bad design by an amateur or someone posing as an amateur. All packages and components are intact yielding tons of forensic clues. Again amateur or diversion? Either someone will be caught soon or if it is a "hoax" and the items have been "cleaned" of evidence. If cleaned to that degree it is either a very smart person (Unibomber) deliberately directing blame towards a party or it is an organized "hoax" with impressive backing. Either of the last two are scary. If it is a true amateur or radical they will be caught. Lets see how it plays out.

• Like 1

What audience? I have nothing to prove, I'm not running for office.

Me thinks you are a bit paranoid.

Please post your proof.

We'll wait.

Nope... some how the coding for you original post was lost in translation. I was writing on this reply overnight and used the 'auto save' tool to recreate earlier effort. I wasn't intending to plagiarize your post. I would have preferred the quote coding remain but really, who cares besides you.

Now, to suggest that I reject love and you embrace it ... that is total BS and you know it. Fact is, this whole element is a distortion of the type you and your champion (DJT) find great glee.

You do know that we see through the projection tactic in which you condemn your enemies of acting in the manner you do thinking that not only absolves you of your offense, but effectively blames your enemy for the results of your actions.

As far as proof, I'm not privy to any direct evidence AND NEITHER ARE YOU. I came up with three scenarios that with a little latitude, pretty much covers most possible scenarios. I have my opinion, based on observing right wing terrorism over the years.

Now you, exercising your right to have and form an opinion, chose a highly unlikely, obviously self-serving explanation that absolves and ignores the long history of right wing violence in social matters. That would be okay if even once in the past, you had admitted the zany crackpot right wing theories of left wing acts including numerous allegations of non-existent acts, you had admitted you were wrong.

Since you'll make these allegations without limit and if confronted with evidence to the contrary, you, again like DJT, simply double-down on your lie, any reasonable man who values truth will discount your ravings as lying rants.

I mean, you did read the fable of the boy who cried wolf, didn't you? Maybe not?

pubby

There is zero evidence that it points to the right. If you have some, post it. But I know you can't.

I'm not a spokesman for anyone buy myself. It would seem that my generic use of the term "we" scares you. Maybe it should.

Finally, what is your problem that you have to be a jerk all the time. I've really been trying hard to be civil after the recent mod warning, but if you're going to be allowed to be so toxic, this playing nice stuff is not going to work.

Repeatedly calling me a troll is not being civil. Anything you start, I'll be more than happy to finish. I'm not your garden variety passive liberal.

Repeatedly calling me a troll is not being civil. Anything you start, I'll be more than happy to finish. I'm not your garden variety passive liberal.

All you've don in recent days is to lob bombs. I don't recall a single item of support for your claims.

Nope... some how the coding for you original post was lost in translation. I was writing on this reply overnight and used the 'auto save' tool to recreate earlier effort. I wasn't intending to plagiarize your post. I would have preferred the quote coding remain but really, who cares besides you.

Now, to suggest that I reject love and you embrace it ... that is total BS and you know it. Fact is, this whole element is a distortion of the type you and your champion (DJT) find great glee.

You do know that we see through the projection tactic in which you condemn your enemies of acting in the manner you do thinking that not only absolves you of your offense, but effectively blames your enemy for the results of your actions.

As far as proof, I'm not privy to any direct evidence AND NEITHER ARE YOU. I came up with three scenarios that with a little latitude, pretty much covers most possible scenarios. I have my opinion, based on observing right wing terrorism over the years.

Now you, exercising your right to have and form an opinion, chose a highly unlikely, obviously self-serving explanation that absolves and ignores the long history of right wing violence in social matters. That would be okay if even once in the past, you had admitted the zany crackpot right wing theories of left wing acts including numerous allegations of non-existent acts, you had admitted you were wrong.

Since you'll make these allegations without limit and if confronted with evidence to the contrary, you, again like DJT, simply double-down on your lie, any reasonable man who values truth will discount your ravings as lying rants.

I mean, you did read the fable of the boy who cried wolf, didn't you? Maybe not?

pubby

Ahhh, your usual ad hominem.

Here's a UK source that tells more. The man supposedly is a native American with a criminal record.

By some of the photos recovered he seems to have anger issues, at the very least.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/26/suspected-maga-bomber-identified-native-american-trump-supporter-cesar-sayoc-8079040/

On the surface, he appears to be a somewhat fanatical Trump supporter. But I suspect we'll learn more as details unfold. Some history of mental illness wouldn't surprise me.

It's safe to assume any fanatical Trump supporter would have mental health issues.

Wow so happy they caught the sicko ,he had a real pretty van too...such a shame ....I hope they take him down to the swamp and tie him to a old cypress stump...But for real this piece of crap has No Right to even call himself an American!

I think he calls himself a Republican.

• Like 1

On the surface, he appears to be a somewhat fanatical Trump supporter. But I suspect we'll learn more as details unfold. Some history of mental illness wouldn't surprise me.

. You know I almost hope it is a mental issue...I may not agree with everything that republicans do but I wouldn’t wish harm or death to anyone, it is so sad that someone gets this enraged over politics that he would commit the terrible actions he did. So wish we could all remember parties aside we are all Americans and that’s what makes us strong...if we lose this then America is really beyond being united and we will never be as strong as before. JMHO
  • Like 5

. You know I almost hope it is a mental issue...I may not agree with everything that republicans do but I wouldn’t wish harm or death to anyone, it is so sad that someone gets this enraged over politics that he would commit the terrible actions he did. So wish we could all remember parties aside we are all Americans and that’s what makes us strong...if we lose this then America is really beyond being united and we will never be as strong as before. JMHO

No person who is not mentally ill or just plain evil would send pipe bombs to other people.

Note that the conservatives in this thread have condemned the act. This was not an act of politics, it was the act of a sick or evil man. Assuming that the evidence holds up, I genuinely hope that he spends a long time behind bars.

Let me be clear that there is NO justification of what he did. None. But the ugly political atmosphere we're in likely played a role in pushing him over the edge.

One of Dr. King's more famous quotes was "Hate begets Hate. He was absolutely correct.

It's safe to assume any fanatical Trump supporter would have mental health issues.

And this is a prime example of the hate I'm referring to.