Paulding.com

Not an Indian/Native American

My uncle claims we're part Cherokee Indian, He's got all these dreamcatchers and native American artwork all over his house. He wears moccasins and is really into Indian books, artifacts and all that stuff.

My sister did a DNA test any we don't have of that in us. We're all from England, Ireland, and Germany. I'm cracking up because DNA doesn't lie.

• Like 1

My uncle claims we're part Cherokee Indian, He's got all these dreamcatchers and native American artwork all over his house. He wears moccasins and is really into Indian books, artifacts and all that stuff.

My sister did a DNA test any we don't have of that in us. We're all from England, Ireland, and Germany. I'm cracking up because DNA doesn't lie.

Maybe your uncle is right and really there is a Russian conspericy to erase any proof of Indian ancestral DNA results, in an attempt to erase Democratic voting.

This should put a burr in your monday morning saddle.

As more Americans take advantage of genetic testing to pinpoint the makeup of their DNA, the technology is coming head to head with the country’s deep-rooted obsession with race and racial myths. This is perhaps no more true than for the growing number of self-identified European Americans who learn they are actually part African.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/they-considered-themselves-white-but-dna-tests-told-a-more-complex-story/2018/02/06/16215d1a-e181-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f57065817417

• Like 1

It's is interesting to look back and see where you came from. Most of us can go back to the mid-1800's, but prior to that, there just aren't good records. Who knows for sure ? That long ago, there's no telling if somebody way back in the family tree had african or asian in them.

At least I tell myself I'm lily white.

On my mom's side, they were from Warne, North Carolina and fought in the Civil War for the South. On my dad's side, they were from Alabama and also were Soldiers of the South. It's pretty neat to me. One of my great-greats lived until he was 114. My grandfather died at 47.... it's all good though. I'm me and I'm here and I just ain't going away any time soon.

Don't dismiss your uncles claims just yet. There are issues with identifying specific markers. Ancestry.com admits to not being able to identify American Indian markers to some degree.

- Jamie

My brother did the DNA test.

On my fathers side, English and German, and I very German aside from the brown hair and eyes, which came from my mother.

On my mother's side it was English, Irish, and Cherokee Indian.

Definitely a mutt.

The sir names from both sides of the family are olde English occupational names.

• Like 1

To be fair if you can call yourself a bipartisan independent thinker I can see no reason why Elizabeth Warren can't claim to be a native american.

Then most Americans can. According to her tests, she probably has less Indian DNA than most of us do.

• Like 1

Most American families that have been in this country for several generations, and especially those who hail from the southern and western parts of the U.S. will have some American Indian in them.

Her DNA test is not impressive, and in fact it's pretty lame given the claims she had made. I forget the actual percentage, but I have far more American Indian in me than Warren does.

• Like 1

Apparently my maternal great grandmother was a full-blooded, registered Cherokee. Funny thing is I never found her in the registry (and I had her Native American and American names). Then I did an ancestry DNA test and it showed I'm 99% Northern European. Really strange thing is that 1% that isn't Northern European has some Asian in it.

Not really strange at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

I had read something along these lines before, although not on the internet:

Similarly, the skeleton of a teenage girl (named 'Naia' after a water nymph from Greek mythology) was found in 2007 in the underwater caves called sistema Sac Actun in Mexico's eastern Yucatán Peninsula. DNA was extracted and dated. The skeleton was found to be 13,000 years old, and it is considered the oldest genetically intact human skeleton ever found in the Americas. The DNA indicates she was from a lineage derived from Asian origins and also represented in the DNA of the modern native population.[60]

The remains of two infants found at the Upward Sun River site have been dated to 11,500 years ago. They show that all Native Americans descended from a single founding population that initially split from East Asians around 36,000 years ago. They also show that the basal northern and southern Native American branches, to which all other indigenous Americans belong, diverged around 16,000 years ago.[61]

As horny for Indian Squaw's, and African Jamima's, as our Southern forefathers were, denial had to be a concealed English word.

What are you doing, man? Absolutely nothing.

Saying a certain people group were horny... Isn’t that now Politically Incorrect?

I made a post last night that has since disappeared after Eddie made his disgusting comment. I told him he just needed to shut up because he’s very disrespectful and I do take offense to it because I am cognizant of the harm done to Native Americans, of which I am one.

So Eddie, if all you can do is make lewd, disgusting remarks related to sexual situations you need to shut up. And I’m going to report you.

• Like 6

Reporting me for drawing attention to things of this nature, while I'm being completely respectful of language used, and emotions involved, is a form of dictatorship. Donald Daters love to be dictated to. And there is a new app for Donald Daters.

You guys need to reset your dating preference data.

Donald Daters, new app for Trump supporters, aims to ... - Fox News

The app, which is similar to other dating apps like OKCupid and Tinder, gives users a new set of matches each day based on various preferences that they can preset.

https://youtu.be/oBzc_PtSqKg

Edited by The Postman

I’ve always heard that American natives are Asian. They crossed the land bridge thousands of years ago.

I have a lot of Cherokee on both sides.

Why would your post in defense of yourself be deleted while TP's inflammatory post be left alone? It makes no reasonable sense...unless TP is "special".

• Like 1

This was handled and then there was an edit to another post by a certain member to bring back the content.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

I would also warn members about calling out mods or mod action, especially when you have the facts seriously wrong.

OMG! :db: :80 :cray:

• Like 1

Why would your post in defense of yourself be deleted while TP's inflammatory post be left alone? It makes no reasonable sense...unless TP is "special".

Ask the ones in control of this board. I have no idea. I wasnt even being ugly, which I could have been and told the old geyser to shut the f*ck up. But I didnt and I just did. LOL

Edited by lowrider
  • Like 1

This was handled and then there was an edit to another post by a certain member to bring back the content.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

I would also warn members about calling out mods or mod action, especially when you have the facts seriously wrong.

What fact would that be? That I called out an old man for being nasty with my heritage? And you deleted it? Because you did. It’s not there.

What fact would that be? That I called out an old man for being nasty with my heritage? And you deleted it? Because you did. It’s not there.

Goodness. Gracious. Sakes alive. Let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR.

We got the report. We took action. We set the offending post invisible and all the responses that copied to that post were made invisible. We then took other action that we won't discuss onto a member. That member went back and edited other posts to include similar things. Yet another member says he believes TP is special and protected. We hear that one a lot and it is not true. We do take action. It was handled. My response was to that poster who suggested some members are protected or special.

We got new reports from several members who believe we didn't do anything with those posts. Wrong. Those were handled last night. These new reports are about edited posts that that were done after our action last night. So we handled it again.

Hopefully, this will be a reminder to everyone to not make assumptions about what the moderators are or are not doing.

We got the report. We took action. We set the offending post invisible and all the responses that copied to that post were made invisible. We then took other action that we won't discuss onto a member. That member went back and edited other posts to include similar things. Yet another member says he believes TP is special and protected. We hear that one a lot and it is not true. We do take action. It was handled. My response was to that poster who suggested some members are protected or special.

We got new reports from several members who believe we didn't do anything with those posts. Wrong. Those were handled last night. These new reports are about edited posts that that were done after our action last night. So we handled it again.

Hopefully, this will be a reminder to everyone to not make assumptions about what the moderators are or are not doing.

The Postman is beyond special. For years he blabbers on and makes no sense, he's offensive, but time and time again nothing is done. I get it, he's SPECIAL

• Like 1

Just an observation....Only one person on this board has ever posted "Goodness. Gracious. Sakes alive..." and done so multiple times. Could be just a coincidence. Not as if it matters, I just like the game.

- Jamie

• Like 6

The only thing that makes me special is that I don't fall into the rabbit holes created to channel fake news to people who don't stand with what they know to be real news.

I don't let Donald Daters, and their dictators, make rules for me to go by. I have my own set of rules. I can be labeled a drunk or a special person, but the label suits only the person who spoke the fictitious label for others to hear. Donald Daters and their dictators do what they do.

P.com is a good website regardless of the want-a-be rule makers do. They can't make the rules unless we start believing the stuff they spout out of the rabbit holes they want you to follow them into.

Edited by The Postman

Just an observation....Only one person on this board has ever posted "Goodness. Gracious. Sakes alive..." and done so multiple times. Could be just a coincidence. Not as if it matters, I just like the game.

- Jamie

There are four posters who have made that statement and I'm just one of them. Before you go on the quest to figure out who I am when posting, good luck with that. I don't post on the board. Continue on with your game.

There are four posters who have made that statement and I'm just one of them. Before you go on the quest to figure out who I am when posting, good luck with that. I don't post on the board. Continue on with your game.

Unless you get a better search feature than I....I see two...Pubby and Guest Publisher (Pubby). Which would explain the little tit for tat email from the other day. Like I said, it doesn't bother me. At least your not T-Bar. LOL

- Jamie

• Like 2

For all the calls for civility, togetherness peace love and humanity there are 4 kinds of threads pcome users enjoy. A soapbox to climb onto a good old conspiracy theory, someone to pile on and an excuse for a little manufactured rage. That's why something as silly and insignificant as this stays at the top of the page for days and a tragedy like we've seen in Florida falls quickly to the bottom.

We are all guilty of it so don't waste your time trying to deny it.