Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
The Sound Guy

Caller ID fraud has gone too far.

Now I'm getting calls from some elderly woman in Stone Mountain that left a voicemail asking that I quit calling her!

I guess some #$%^&%^% Caller ID scammer has used *my* cell number in their caller ID when calling her over and over and over.

The whole caller ID system has been compromised to the point where it's useless by these carpheads being able to insert random numbers into the caller ID info. The telco''s should never have let outside companies change that info. I'd rather have "UNKNOWN" than false data.

Does anyone remember when the telephone was actually useful and not a pain in the rear that you pay through the nose to bother you?

Ugg.

(/Rant)

• Like 6

It's a little worse than that. For the past while folks have been getting scam calls from their own number:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/money/news/a46197/phone-scam-own-number/

(Repeated info below pleas ignore if you've heard it before.)

Again, get a number (any number from a plethora of next to no cost VOIP providers) to use when asked for a call back number by anyone that is not simply a private individual. With no device attached to it to bother you. Fake calls almost never leave a message and real calls that do are transcribed to text that shows up as easily dismissed notifications on your cell. The one drawback is that if you use(d) your current number for that, it's out there and you can't get it back, the calls will still come. If that's the case, only two brand new numbers will make this work. It depends on how much it's bugging you whether or not its worth it.

A candidate for commissioner is using a fake number, and it is not a present commissioner. But then he puts out

all the negative crap also. Sorry folks I have already voted against the austin clones.

A candidate for commissioner is using a fake number, and it is not a present commissioner. But then he puts out

all the negative crap also. Sorry folks I have already voted against the austin clones.

You know, you just convinced me to answer all the calls that come in this weekend. I'll get my copy of the ballot, and whenever a robo call comes in, I'll mark that candidate off the ballot. I'll pick between anyone who's left on Monday!

(Anyone who calls at dinner time gets their name cut out of the ballot with a knife, I don't care WHO it is. And if NRA calls one more time I'm going to tell them to cancel my membership.

If they all get marked out, then I'll vote democratic and see if I can vote for the worst candidate.

• Like 1

You know, you just convinced me to answer all the calls that come in this weekend. I'll get my copy of the ballot, and whenever a robo call comes in, I'll mark that candidate off the ballot. I'll pick between anyone who's left on Monday!

(Anyone who calls at dinner time gets their name cut out of the ballot with a knife, I don't care WHO it is. And if NRA calls one more time I'm going to tell them to cancel my membership.

If they all get marked out, then I'll vote democratic and see if I can vote for the worst candidate.

Reason I quit the nra years ago. Nothing but request for money.

Now I'm getting calls from some elderly woman in Stone Mountain that left a voicemail asking that I quit calling her!

I guess some #$%^&%^% Caller ID scammer has used *my* cell number in their caller ID when calling her over and over and over.

The whole caller ID system has been compromised to the point where it's useless by these carpheads being able to insert random numbers into the caller ID info. The telco''s should never have let outside companies change that info. I'd rather have "UNKNOWN" than false data.

Does anyone remember when the telephone was actually useful and not a pain in the rear that you pay through the nose to bother you?

Ugg.

(/Rant)

I agree, & I have had that happen also at 4 AM one time .