Paulding.com

Came through about 3:30 and there were at least 12-15 police cars just lined up one after the other and several out of their cars with radar guns. Was this some kind of exercise or training?

They're behind on collections, jag! They are collecting money for the County.

• Like 1

PSA: Tomorrow we will be hosting multiple agencies for a Basic Lidar (Laser) Operators Course at the Police Department sponsored by the North Central Georgia Law Enforcement Academy. Wanted to make folks aware we weren’t contracting outside agencies to help us meet our end of the month quotas that we supposedly have according to most driving award recipients. #HiramPD

31297534_1968983496476159_87358433770457
  • Like 2

these training sessions would explain a hiram officer sitting in a kennesaw police car with a laser at stinky bottoms.......

since they taking the incentive and training --- why can't they learn how to write up traffic accidents? (or how to write tickets for handicap parking?)

• Like 1

these training sessions would explain a hiram officer sitting in a kennesaw police car with a laser at stinky bottoms.......

since they taking the incentive and training --- why can't they learn how to write up traffic accidents? (or how to write tickets for handicap parking?)

Exactly! Why is it that PCSO and the PD's have to have GSP come do the reports? What a total waste of manpower and money. I might understand multiple fatalities on a State road, but 3 deputies and GSP at a fenderbender?

• Like 1

Thank you so much!

PSA: Tomorrow we will be hosting multiple agencies for a Basic Lidar (Laser) Operators Course at the Police Department sponsored by the North Central Georgia Law Enforcement Academy. Wanted to make folks aware we weren’t contracting outside agencies to help us meet our end of the month quotas that we supposedly have according to most driving award recipients. #HiramPD

31297534_1968983496476159_87358433770457

Exactly! Why is it that PCSO and the PD's have to have GSP come do the reports? What a total waste of manpower and money. I might understand multiple fatalities on a State road, but 3 deputies and GSP at a fenderbender?

That's something I never understood either. A traffic accident report is not anything complicated to write. I was told that back when Harris was sheriff, he didn't want his deputies writing tickets because the recipients wouldn't vote for him if they got a ticket. If they wrote accident reports, whoever was at fault would have to be issued a ticket. For whatever the reason, it is definitely a waste of manpower having both deputies and a trooper at an accident. In the past when I lived in Paulding, I had seen deputies at an accident scene for an hour before a trooper arrived to write the accident report.

• Like 2