Paulding.com

Your Pay Check May Be Bigger, But Georgians May Pay Billions More In Taxes

Postman, how much in GA taxes did you pay last year?

I paid all my taxes when I lived in Paulding County, FreeBird! After getting broke I moved out. A broke person doesn't pay taxes. It would be like getting blood out of a turnip. I am now much like a turnip. My money life is over.

I paid all my taxes when I lived in Paulding County, FreeBird! After getting broke I moved out. A broke person doesn't pay taxes. It would be like getting blood out of a turnip. I am now much like a turnip. My money life is over.

I was taught if you didn't pay taxes, you had no right to complain, Before you ask yes I am still paying taxes and I am 80 yrs. old.?????

• Like 2

The governor and legislature are well aware of the potential for this to adversely affect GA taxpayers. The governor is more concerned right now with getting Delta's jet fuel tax exemption back on the books...

This is expected to ultimately result in a 'windfall' for the state of around 3 billion dollars (if memory serves) if nothing is done to rectify the situation. Of course, lawmakers who have mentioned fixing it have stated they want to return the money to 'families with children' as if the rest of us don't pay our fair share (or more) of that 'windfall'...

From what I can see, it's only about 20% of tax payers that will pay all of that windfall, (those that currently itemize on the Federal taxes, but with the new higher standard deductible and the reduced deductions will now need to take the new standard deductible). They will now be stuck taking the GA Standard deductible at $3000 instead instead of the $12K to 23K deduction they had before. However, all the "fixes" I've heard so far involve giving the money to those *other* than the ones paying it, so it sounds like those people are screwed no matter what.

I was taught if you didn't pay taxes, you had no right to complain, Before you ask yes I am still paying taxes and I am 80 yrs. old.?????

I'd be making enough money to pay taxes on my earnings if Paulding County hadn't forced me to spend it all on lawyers.

I pay a lot of property taxes, and vehicle taxes, still.

I paid a lot of income taxes for almost 50 years.