Paulding.com

Power out anyone?

We went to eat late yesterday.

Came home, turned on Paul Aiken and there were closed/detour signs. AND Power Trucks Everywhere! And yes we had power. Lots of trees down on Paul Aiken. I was so happy!!! And someone had just brought them coffee. We stopped and asked them if they needed any food. I would have gone and got them some. yes!

Even with the fireplace we were down to 56. And I was sick of it and ready to go to a hotel.

I thanked God! The heat was on and the lights. I turned on the coffee pot, washed a load of clothes, started the dishwasher, got a hot shower and watched the final show of the season of The Walking Dead. And slept in a warm bed. Life is good.

It gave me time to tell my two grand boys what it was like growing up on a farm in the fifties.

Now today is clean up day. Almost 48 hours with no power.

Edited by lowrider
  • Like 5

It was about 43 hours here. Just the perfect storm of stupidity caused there to be no way out other than walking for the first 24, otherwise I wasn't worried. I mean for over 30 years I was one of the folks that went out into it for a living after all. Hell, as a young'un, I was broke enough to be forced into some extended "urban camping" thru this kind of cold. This one taught me that even being prepared to take care of yourself can just not be enough. No heat what so ever. Apparently the inside of the house didn't get below freezing for any length of time, I left a glass of water out to check on that. Thank goodness I still had the gear I used when I worked it, otherwise this could have been much worse.

Anyway, my cheap behind is going to break down and pay the money for a good generator and some portable heaters just as soon as y'all get done with the stores this month. What used to be an annoyance to a young'un is painful for an "older gentleman".

• Like 2

Well turn and face Nebo and wave, neighbor.

i am on nebo road close to 61 side... so howdy neighbor and we lost power friday but it was back on saturday 2:30 am my son not so lucky he lives in new hope been out since friday and still out we have taken them generators, they are total electric, well water, no fireplace,

i am on nebo road close to 61 side... so howdy neighbor and we lost power friday but it was back on saturday 2:30 am my son not so lucky he lives in new hope been out since friday and still out we have taken them generators, they are total electric, well water, no fireplace,

Yes'm. From our conversations I knew about where you were. You've always been how I know whats going on down to that end of the road in this kinda thing. I'm exactly half way between you and 92. What we need is a neighbor from that end of the road and we'd have it all covered.

We still don't have power and I just finished crying in the bathroom. Today is my daughter's 20th birthday I would love to be able to give her power and warmth.

In 2014, just a few weeks after I lost my husband, it was my birthday when that snow storm shut down Atlanta and surrounding areas. I got up that morning having a pity party for myself - I couldn't get out and no one could get to me. After a while, I realized it could be a lot worse! I could be one of those stuck on the road for hours or I could be without power & food. So, I picked myself up, shook myself off and found things to do to keep me busy! Luckily, your daughter is 20 and can understand what's going on. And while I don't mean to diminish your feelings, sometimes it helps to know that things can always be worse.

• Like 1

In 2014, just a few weeks after I lost my husband, it was my birthday when that snow storm shut down Atlanta and surrounding areas. I got up that morning having a pity party for myself - I couldn't get out and no one could get to me. After a while, I realized it could be a lot worse! I could be one of those stuck on the road for hours or I could be without power & food. So, I picked myself up, shook myself off and found things to do to keep me busy! Luckily, your daughter is 20 and can understand what's going on. And while I don't mean to diminish your feelings, sometimes it helps to know that things can always be worse.

No doubt. I definitely reminded her that things could be worse but I did understand her frustration because I was feeling it too after being cold for almost 2 days. Luckily her dad got his power back before we did so she went over there To have warmth and cake. As her mom I just wanted her to be happy on her birthday. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband.

Edited by jenilyn
  • Like 2

Well turn and face Nebo and wave, neighbor.

I can be the middle of the triangle between you, lowrider and lady raidar :)

We still don't have power and I just finished crying in the bathroom. Today is my daughter's 20th birthday I would love to be able to give her power and warmth.

So sorry to hear! Hope she at least had a nice birthday and you can celebrate big!

Lost power here at around 4pm Friday, back on at 5pm last night.

Internet working, but no phone.

I get to clean out the frig today as we lost most of it ..... but at least I have power and water again!!

I swear it ain't like that!

I know, I know ... my bad. :blush: .....

I meant if you made a triangle from Lowrider, Lady Raider and you, I would live about in the middle from you all .... So HI neighbor!

:::runningawayreallyfastsoIdon'tstepinitmore:::

I know, I know ... my bad. :blush: .....

I meant if you made a triangle from Lowrider, Lady Raider and you, I would live about in the middle from you all .... So HI neighbor!

:::runningawayreallyfastsoIdon'tstepinitmore:::

:rofl: my feathered friend.... you have a way with words... by the way rumor has it new ga is getting a captain D's by DQ

I swear it ain't like that!

lol