Paulding.com

Power out anyone?

I'd like to apologize to Greystone. Looked out and discovered that at some recent point the power was back for everyone but me. 2nd tree down took out the power line up the drive. Lucky me.

In the 20 or 30 minutes I was out there trying to see if there was anything to do there had to be at least 6 or 7 trees breaking at the trunk around the house.

I am so screwed. A tree fell across the line AFTER the power went out in the area. They fixed the wider outage and moved on. The automated system doesn't differ between that and a wider outage. That means we'll be down until at least their secondary sweep.

So now there is a pickup (not mine) stuck in the middle of the driveway (don't ask, it may cause me to go murder someone) so that I can't leave, no power in an all electric house, and I've eaten two apples and a hand full of nuts since Thursday.

That murder is sounding better and better.

our power was out yesterday came back on 2:30 this morning, (nebo road) the greystone app is not working properly.. it will have you listed as power restored, when in fact it is not.. my boys lost power yesterday and still have no power in new hope

GreyStone Power
31 mins ·
GreyStone Power currently has 33,900 outages at 12:30 p.m. Hardest hit is Paulding, 16,433; Douglas, 9,800; Cobb, 4607; Fulton, 1,645; Carroll, 1,173; and Bartow, 244. Report any outages to 1-866-GREYSTONE.
Linemen from Central Georgia EMC of Jackson, Ga. and Snapping Shoals EMC from Covington, Ga. are working alongside GreyStone linemen in the job of restoring power as safely and quickly as possible. Walton EMC linemen from Monroe, Ga. are also en route also to assist. With more people being outdoors since the sun is now shining, it is more important than ever to remember that all downed lines should be considered live and deadly. It is not possible to look at a line and determine whether it is live or dead. With the saturated ground, it is possible to be severely injured while in close proximity to a live line. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time for us all.

So did mine. The good part was that it didn't go out until about 8:30 this morning. Got a little chilly but had an audible book, crawled under a blanket and listened for about five hours ... after I took a few snap shots. Came back on a little after 3 pm.

Here's one of the ladders against the container. It gives you an idea of how much snow actually fell here ... close to 12''

snowladder.jpg

Last night I realized that not only trees are falling, but limbs so I moved a couple of cars out to a clearing. This morning Ginger had to check out the snow falling from the limbs.

snowfalldec82017.jpg

This was at about 9:30 this morning and as Iooked up the drive, I decided I was in for a while.

frontdrive.jpg

If you look closely you'll see Ginger running back my way. About 2:45, while the tree at the end of the drive had shed some snow, I decided to help it out by driving through it in the pickup. I was able to make it out the drive.

pubby

PS: If you can't tell, Ginger loves snow. If there was a question ...

gingerluvsnow.jpg

Still no power near East Paulding and 92 but the house behind me in another subdivision never lost power. I could throw a rock and hit their house. I just don't understand.

Maybe they have a home standby generator. My parents have one.

Still no power near East Paulding and 92 but the house behind me in another subdivision never lost power. I could throw a rock and hit their house. I just don't understand.

same thing happening with my son, the sub behind him all have power, the property backs up to my son's... and no it is a not generators... all homes have lights, street lights working... but he could throw a rock and hit the houses behind him. he is east paulding/mt tabor area

We often have the same thing at our place. Up on Dabbs Bridge Rd, the Church and homes had power, we did not.

In our case, there was a line down in the subdivision, it had blown the fuse on the pole at Dabbs Bridge that feeds our whole subdivision. Greystone had to clear the tree, then replace the fuse at the entrance to get us all back on. There are many more fuses than you would suspect in the system (at least many more than I suspected), all designed to isolate a fault to the minimum number of homes they can.

Having run out of patience, I set out this morning to find me a Greystone Supervisor. Having worked some with these folks I knew that if you ask them the question in their language, your apt to get a better answer. Well I found one. If you are in south Paulding and still without power rejoice, for they have started on the tap lines.

These are the service lines running off the mains. That's the upside. The downside is that damage is harder to spot, spread out and labor intensive. But hey, at least I know they're a mile down the road and headed this way.

• Like 1

Having run out of patience, I set out this morning to find me a Greystone Supervisor. Having worked some with these folks I knew that if you ask them the question in their language, your apt to get a better answer. Well I found one. If you are in south Paulding and still without power rejoice, for they have started on the tap lines.

These are the service lines running off the mains. That's the upside. The downside is that damage is harder to spot, spread out and labor intensive. But hey, at least I know they're a mile down the road and headed this way.

Thank you. I’m in South Paulding off Paul Aiken. Still waiting. Hoping for today.

To all the folks that drove by and thought I was nuts sitting at the end of my driveway in the cold. There's a power crew in that driveway now, so thppppppppt.

Yeah that's right. I sat next to the road and threw my body in front of the truck, but it worked!

• Like 2

To all the folks that drove by and thought I was nuts sitting at the end of my driveway in the cold. There's a power crew in that driveway now, so thppppppppt.

Yeah that's right. I sat next to the road and threw my body in front of the truck, but it worked!

If you are in my neighborhood, I'm going to drag your body out of the way so the truck can get to my driveway. After all if you are dead, you don't need power anymore.

• Like 1

Still waiting on power off Brooks Rackley and Easy Paulding. Our subdivision has underground utilities but that doesn't mean anything when the lines feeding it are above ground. A neighbor said he saw 2 Greystone trucks on Brooks Rackley earlier so we are keeping our fingers crossed.