Paulding.com

Here is where to talk SNOW

When the weathermen really "talk it up" about snow we mostly just get a trace. This time they did not talk it up much and we got a lot. This is strange to me.

That always seems to be the case. Snow Jam 83 was just like this. Supposed to be a light dusting to come in that night. Instead it came up from the south at 3:00 PM in a massive snow fall.

About the only time I've seen them get it right was the blizzard in 93, and even then it was worse than they predicted.

NOAA is predicting another 3 inches tonight. I'm not sure my trees will survive. This may not be pretty.

How ?

I was in the middle of responding earlier (much earlier) and dang if we didn't experience a voltage surge that killed the pc.

Fortunately, I've still got power but we've had some limbs drop including one that temporarily was blocking the front drive.

As far as how to post pictures, the problem is that you've got too many attachments. You can go in an delete a bunch of them from way back by going to your profile and selecting settings. Along the left hand side of the settings page is a tab called manage attachments. You can order them from recent to old and go to the old ones and delete some of the ancient images. That will make room for your newer images.

pubby

Power finally came back on here but there for awhile it was wild! Bright flashes of blue green light lit up the skies don't know if it was power lines or transformers or thunder snow lol but it was one for sure...l bet this snow fall will be long remembered ...since it was only supposed to be flurries to a trace lol

Power finally came back on here but there for awhile it was wild! Bright flashes of blue green light lit up the skies don't know if it was power lines or transformers or thunder snow lol but it was one for sure...l bet this snow fall will be long remembered ...since it was only supposed to be flurries to a trace lol

Oh that’s weird, I saw that too. I thought it was somebody with a flashlight or something.

I was in the middle of responding earlier (much earlier) and dang if we didn't experience a voltage surge that killed the pc.

Fortunately, I've still got power but we've had some limbs drop including one that temporarily was blocking the front drive.

As far as how to post pictures, the problem is that you've got too many attachments. You can go in an delete a bunch of them from way back by going to your profile and selecting settings. Along the left hand side of the settings page is a tab called manage attachments. You can order them from recent to old and go to the old ones and delete some of the ancient images. That will make room for your newer images.

pubby

I have zero attachments. Where is this upload button I don't seem to have one.

Default Uploader

The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

Power has been out 41 hours. According to the Graystone app we are on the 120 Substation and shows Service Interrupted.

We had an all electric house in SC. I learned about 1975 I never wanted to live in all electric house again. I'm convinced now I learned that lesson well back then. Thank goodness for gas heat, hot water, cooking and gas logs. Lowest our house got down to last night was 68 degrees and it's 70 degrees inside now.

• Like 4

Snow in my front lawn are almost gone. There are plentiful of snow in both of my decks. I was tempted to use a garden shovel to remove some off the decks, but did not want to take a chance.

Edited by Brian

Power has been out 41 hours. According to the Graystone app we are on the 120 Substation and shows Service Interrupted.

We had an all electric house in SC. I learned about 1975 I never wanted to live in all electric house again. I'm convinced now I learned that lesson well back then. Thank goodness for gas heat, hot water, cooking and gas logs. Lowest our house got down to last night was 68 degrees and it's 70 degrees inside now.

I learn that back in 1973 when had Ice that lasted week long. That why I have wood heat and gas. Wood is lot work but rewards are worth work.

• Like 3

I learn that back in 1973 when had Ice that lasted week long. That why I have wood heat and gas. Wood is lot work but rewards are worth work.

1973 was an ice storm and it was awful for a week. That’s when trees snapped and broke for days and that’s when utility companies started cutting trees back from the lines.

This is more like snow jam in ‘83 when it came from the south quick and fast with a heavy wet snow. I got stranded in Marietta trying to get home from work.

The Nor ‘Easter in ‘93 was bad. Nothing but blowing ice.

I had a gas stove, gas water heater and a fireplace so we always managed well.

Not here. Total electric but at least I have a fireplace.

And we finally got power last night. Thank God after 48 hours.

• Like 4

Finally got power back at 5 pm last night, out since 4 pm on Friday.

No electricity, no water. Had to use the hot tub water to flush, bottled water and heated up snow for cleaning.

Thankfully we have a wood stove in the basement and a gas fireplace upstairs which is a manual start.

Was able to heat up soup and such with the gas stove,manually started.

Lost most everything in the frig but thankfully the freezers survived.

Trees and limbs down everywhere .... more clean up today.

Good news is internet is fully working this morning - just no phone other than cells which can now be charged in the house :)

Hope the rest of the snow melts today and no more trees/limbs come down with the wind ....

Hope y'all are doing better today and you get no more impact!

Edited by CreativeOne
  • Like 1