Paulding.com

Christmas questions (just or fun)

I'd tell ya but it'd just make ya sad. I figure one of us being that way is enough. Sigh, Christmas just hasn't been the same since 1964 when daddy went outside on Christmas Eve, shot his shotgun up in the air and came back in to tell me Santa just committed suicide.

Open one gift on Christmas Eve which now are jammies. All other gifts and stocking Christmas morning.

I'd tell ya but it'd just make ya sad. I figure one of us being that way is enough. Sigh, Christmas just hasn't been the same since 1964 when daddy went outside on Christmas Eve, shot his shotgun up in the air and came back in to tell me Santa just committed suicide.

Hugs

I think some of us can relate to not so great holiday memories. Won't go in to mine, but suffice to say that hopefully my son and his will only remember good things.

• Like 1

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day = In years past was Eve with in-laws, Day with my parents ..... now we just do XWS Eve.
Santa wraps gifts or not wrapped = depends in bought local, wrapped. Shipped, open box and not wrapped.
Eat Turkey or Ham or something else = depends, might do a good roast on XWS day.
Main "Christmas Dinner" on Eve or Day = Eve is alway seafood or fish with lots of white wine and music. Day is turkey, ham or a roast.

:( ...... may you get some better memories and more recent ....

We go to my in-laws for Christmas dinner and gifts on Christmas Eve.

My kids open gifts from Santa on Christmas morning and most of them are wrapped. I leave a few unwrapped. Then we go to my side of the families gathering to open more presents and eat a ham dinner.

• Like 1

At your house:

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Christmas morning!

Santa wraps gifts or not wrapped Wrapped

Eat Turkey or Ham or something else Usually turkey but it has been lunch at IHOP before.

Main "Christmas Dinner" on Eve or Day Christmas Day. Used to frustrate me when we had to wait for my brother in law to get off work before we could eat.

Please answer :)

My error, I mean just FOR fun

• At our house and at other friends & family everyday from Dec 15 to Jan 1.

• Everyday from Dec 15 to Jan 1.

• 1 gift on Christmas Eve, Immediate family on Christmas Day.

• Turkey, Ham & Chicken.

• All dinners from Dec 15 to Jan 1 are "Main".

Being in ours 60's with wife's mother and family in SC and adult children, grand children and 1) new great grand child in GA and with many friends plus family members working around Health Care work schedules, many different dinners happen on different days. The days of everyone gathering around 1 main table are now a memory of the past.

At your house:

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Santa wraps gifts or not wrapped

Eat Turkey or Ham or something else

Main "Christmas Dinner" on Eve or Day

when my boys were little and santa came it was christmas day, now it is christmas eve

santa never wrapped his gifts, and they were always assembled ahead of time. and if the item needed batteries the batteries were put in ahead of time... (santa always made sure his toys were ready to play with on site)

Turkey and ham

main dinner christmas now that the boys are grown

• Like 1

Both
Wrapped
It changes. This year it will be Ham with all the fixings. In the past we have done Prime Rib.
Christmas day. Christmas Eve we go out or have something simple like pasta or seafood.

Edited by DallasRED

Christmas Eve is a big deal at my house.

Finger foods, sausage balls, ham rolls, cheese ball, little wieners in the crockpot, cheese tray and fruit tray.

Gifts are wrapped and we open all on Christmas Eve.

Santa comes and gifts are under the tree not wrapped.

I usually make a big dinner with ham, but not this year.

We’re headed to the beach Christmas morning. Yippee!

And it’s just not the same without my mother.

• Like 2

Gifts are opened Christmas morning...

Family gifts are wrapped, Santa stuff is not...

Christmas Eve dinner is appetizers then lasagna...

Big Christmas morning champagne breakfast...

Traditional Christmas nap is at noon...

:) :) :)

• Like 1

At your house:

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Santa wraps gifts or not wrapped

Eat Turkey or Ham or something else

Main "Christmas Dinner" on Eve or Day

Gifts between family members Christmas Eve so the next day can be all about Santa

both but mostly wrapped

something else

Christmas Eve, then nice breakfast for Christmas day and snack on leftovers all day