Paulding.com

Thanksgiving what are you cooking

I am doing something I have never done before for Thanksgiving... I am NOT cooking this year..... I will be cooking a huge Christmas Dinner which I always do... but I am taking this year off from cooking Thanksgiving.. we usually have about the same thing at both dinners..

so what are you cooking?

• Like 2

We're going to smoke a pork butt. Neither me or my husband are big turkey fans. I haven't decided on sides yet.

we have done that and made homemade Brunswick stew... it was so good...

Turkey

The whole nine yards. I won’t be cooking Christmas. We’ll be headed for Florida

I make snack stuff for Christmas eve.

I know you are counting down the days lol

It's just the 2 of us. Last year it was just me because my husband went deer hunting with some friends in New Hampshire. This year he will be having vacation at home. Sometimes we have picked up the turkey dinner from Publix, but this year he has said he wants to make the turkey. He is a good cook though. Better than I am actually! Since it is just the 2 of us then probably just roasted turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, rolls and mashed potatoes. Come Christmas he usually likes to make a ham.

I'm cooking the turkey and my wife is making all the sides. She plans on making dressing, sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and a pumpkin pie. I used to hate pumpkin pie. I remember trying it once when I was a little kid and hated it, mostly because of the texture. I tried a slice of pumpkin pie a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. It's funny how your food taste can change over years.

The whole 9 yards... turkey, ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, pea salad, funeral potatoes, deviled

eggs, cheese ball, olive & celery platter, french rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, fancy cookies & fancy coffee, beer, wine & whiskey.

:) :) :)

• Like 1

We always get together with my cousins on my mom's side every Thanksgiving.

We have Turkey & dressing, Ham & all the trimmings. Some of the cousins cook the

Ham, turkey & dressing & then we all bring sides to go with our Thanksgiving

meal. It is a tradition that our grandparents started many, many years ago :)

• Like 3

Hubby is doing a brined turkey on the Big Green Egg.

I have a friend's recipe for potato salad that I'm going to do, as well as roasted sweet potatoes (with cinnamon and brown sugar, oh so yummy!!), probably some greens or green beans and a pecan pie or two. Daughter is bringing rolls and cranberry sauce. I know I'll get lots of help on Turkey Day from the grandkids. Dru loves to set the table so we designated Starr as the one to clean off the table. Not sure Starr knows this yet though.

It will be our first real Thanksgiving with these two little moppets. Through the past years either their mom or their dad was working and we didn't get together. Now that things have changed, for the better I might add, we can finally have a Thanksgiving as a family. I can't wait!

• Like 2