Paulding.com

L.C. Eberhart SR - November 2, 1946 - October 26, 2017

L.C. Eberhart, age 70, of Hiram, GA, passed away on October 26, 2017. He was born on November 2, 1946, in Austell, GA, to the late Ernest William & Vera Hunt Eberhart, and was preceded in death by his brother, Harold Joe Eberhart and sister, Emily Jane Eberhart, and grandson, Nicholas Day.

L.C. was a simple person who lived a laid-back life, and never worried. “It is what it is” He would say. “The only thing you can change is what is between your ears!”, and laughed with his humor that he always carried. Nature was his call. A blue ribbon at the North Eastern Fair with his F.F. A. pig started it. He helped share crop at home and behind that was the syrup cane mill. Fun times were the all-night chicken catching days and clearing out the chicken house for a fresh batch.

After graduating from Hiram High School in 1965, came marriage, and the four children he loved dearly.

Work days at Lockheed did not lead to retirement as a machinist, but took him to an independent job of hanging glass and machine shop work downtown. When you go by the tall buildings, look up, he was at the top. Death almost came earlier in his life. His buddy was supposed to move the scaffold for him as he was holding a 4 x 8 glass to install up 10 floors. L.C. took the first step, and went to the concrete. It was only God that L.C. was not sliced meat from 10 stories or worse. He walked away with ankle and slight foot injuries only. He told his buddy, “Man, I am glad God was there for me because you let me down in a hurry not moving those scaffolds!” Again, L.C. took humor even in the bad time that caused him physical pain. That was the end of his career. L.C’s last line to his buddy was “Man, I’m out of here. I’m gonna not do anything as much as I want the rest of my life.”

L.C. enjoyed going back to see the places he had not seen since the 80s to 1990. The mountain trips for apples and fudge on his birthday with Meg and Randy was what he looked forward to. The fireworks display for Meg’s birthday brought memories of him shooting TNT’s and rockets as a kid, and the fireworks he did for his kids.

He was asked years back..”You got any regrets in life?” “Yes, but I can’t change them. I can only hope folks will get saved like I did so God can change them like He did me.”

L.C. and Meg stayed close from kids to adults and through laughs and tears. His last words to her were, “don’t worry about me, we don’t know about tomorrow, but both of us know God, that is all we need to know. So you sleep good little sis. If we don’t talk tomorrow, I’ll see you later!”

The only thing L.C. was concerned about was family or friends not making it right with “the Man upstairs”

He lived, loved life, and all the friends he met camping out, and biking, or walking the streets and Race Trac or Quick Trip going down the Silver Comet Trail.

If you happen to see any of these folks that look “laid back” don’t be too quick to judge them. There are Veterans in Hiram that are even homeless. Just smile because they were probably L.C’s friend.

Survivors include son, Lawrence Clifford “Cliff” Eberhart, JR; daughters, Kelly & Brian Gay of Powder Springs, GA, Amanda Owens of Marietta, GA, and Jill & Kevin Baker of Carrolton, GA; brother, John “Billie” Eberhart of Hiram, GA, and Ernest Wendall Eberhart of Hiram, GA; sisters, Jennie V. Hix of Rockmart, GA, and Meg E. & Randy Hunt-Williams of Hiram, GA; grandchildren, Alicia & Clint Wood, Jessica Day, Cannon Owens, Noelle Smith and Riley Baker; two great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held on Monday, November 6, 2017at 3 PM, from Clark Funeral Home, The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday, November 6, 2017, from 2 PM until 3 PM.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. (www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Edited by Clark Funeral Home