Paulding.com

New New Ga. Joint Whatdayathink

I'll leave it to the rest of y'all to say something about the Dairy part, as I can't partake, but the Queen part is another matter.

Had to try the chili dog. Good for what it is. Needs onions. Kind of disappointed though. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was small, DQ used to have like 47 different hot dogs. Now there's one? What's up with that?

Went back and tried the Flamethrower burger a few days later. Everything on the burger was pretty good. BUT, and that's a big'ol BUT, the meat was overcooked to cardboard and somehow still only slightly above room temperature. Burger was cool enough not to melt cheese even wrapped in a tin foil kinda wrap. But that seems to be the norm now a days everywhere. Hate that.

Can't do fries or rings so have no idea there.

So, ya been? Whatdayathink?

At least a little of that staying packed might be how long it takes to get thru. One its new and they're still a little slow. Two, they're dealing with at least a few folks that ain't never seen a dq menu or if they have its been a long time (saw this both trips). Last, one counter inside where they used to do the dairy on one side and brazier on the other. More efficient maybe but kinda causes a funnel.

• Like 1

I've been to two different DQs in my area and ate a few times. I was disappointed each time. Now when I do go to a DQ, it's to get a Blizzard.

I haven't been there yet but I saw on the sign that they serve breakfast. I didn't know any Dairy Queen's served breakfast.

DQ has been serving breakfast for awhile now. A friend of mine stops at one occasionally to get breakfast biscuit. He says they're pretty good, but he will eat anything.

I haven't been there yet but I saw on the sign that they serve breakfast. I didn't know any Dairy Queen's served breakfast.

Late 70's the dq across from Charley Brown airport had the best breakfast biscuits you could ask for. Imagine its way more fast food corporate kinda stuff now.

we have not been there... as much as I was looking forward to it opening.... the orignal date was oct 11 for opening, we rode up there.. much to my surprise they had delayed opening date to oct 12... but in the mean time all of the employees were standing outside and I seen a few that I was familiar with and decided against eating there until they are either fired or quit.

Late 70's the dq across from Charley Brown airport had the best breakfast biscuits you could ask for. Imagine its way more fast food corporate kinda stuff now.

Nothing could beat the Steak & Gravy Biscuit from Grandma's Biscuits!!!! But, the breakfast at that DQ was pretty awesome!! Of course, nothing is like it used to be!!

We were going to try their breakfast about 2 or 3 Tuesdays ago and they were closed. An employee came to the door and said that the drive thru was open. We just left and went to Chic-Fil-A.

Since breakfast was a fail, we thought we'd try for Supper (same day). First, hubby asked to see the Manager and the young lady (cashier) got the Owner. He asked what was the problem. Hubby told him that we came in for breakfast and the doors were locked. When someone did come to the door, he was told that the drive thru was open and the person just shut the door, locked it back and that was it. The Owner did apologize and told us that an employee didn't show up for work, then he walked off.

We ordered our food at 6:40, we waited, and waited and waited. After 20 minutes I told hubby that I was going to fill up my drink cup, if our food wasn't at the table when I sat back down, that we would ask for a refund and leave. Well, I went to the counter and inquired about our food, IT WASN'T EVEN COOKING!! The printer did not print out a ticket for our order to be cooked. Anywho, we finally got our food, the fries were not hot and not enough to eat with my burger. Being stingy with the fries just topped the cake! The burgers didn't have that charbroiled flavor like it should!! We probably wont be going back for a while, not for food at least!! I hope y'all have a better experience!! I hope this sounds right, I'm sooo doggone sleepy, can't hardly hold my eyes open.

Nothing could beat the Steak & Gravy Biscuit from Grandma's Biscuits!!!! But, the breakfast at that DQ was pretty awesome!! Of course, nothing is like it used to be!!

We were going to try their breakfast about 2 or 3 Tuesdays ago and they were closed. An employee came to the door and said that the drive thru was open. We just left and went to Chic-Fil-A.

Since breakfast was a fail, we thought we'd try for Supper (same day). First, hubby asked to see the Manager and the young lady (cashier) got the Owner. He asked what was the problem. Hubby told him that we came in for breakfast and the doors were locked. When someone did come to the door, he was told that the drive thru was open and the person just shut the door, locked it back and that was it. The Owner did apologize and told us that an employee didn't show up for work, then he walked off.

We ordered our food at 6:40, we waited, and waited and waited. After 20 minutes I told hubby that I was going to fill up my drink cup, if our food wasn't at the table when I sat back down, that we would ask for a refund and leave. Well, I went to the counter and inquired about our food, IT WASN'T EVEN COOKING!! The printer did not print out a ticket for our order to be cooked. Anywho, we finally got our food, the fries were not hot and not enough to eat with my burger. Being stingy with the fries just topped the cake! The burgers didn't have that charbroiled flavor like it should!! We probably wont be going back for a while, not for food at least!! I hope y'all have a better experience!! I hope this sounds right, I'm sooo doggone sleepy, can't hardly hold my eyes open.

I couldn't agree more about the steak and gravy biscuits at Grandma's Biscuits!

...the meat was overcooked to cardboard and somehow still only slightly above room temperature. Burger was cool enough not to melt cheese even wrapped in a tin foil kinda wrap...

... Anywho, we finally got our food, the fries were not hot and not enough to eat with my burger. Being stingy with the fries just topped the cake! The burgers didn't have that charbroiled flavor like it should!! ...

Just cherry pickin' stuff out I know (and quoting myself which is just wrong). But I bet it's the same thing. Cooking the taste out of the meat and then serving it cold. That could mean only one thing. DQ has gone to the microwave/re-heating device of some sort. And they ain't doing it right to boot.

Really was looking forward to a decent burger every once in a while without going into Hiram. Oh well.

OK I was kind of ignoring this thread but. WTH do you expect from a DQ? Some of you are reviewing it like it is a 5 star restaurant in Buckhead. It is no better or no worse than any other fast food working out the new opening kinks. I have only been through the drive through once for breakfast just to try it out. My order was right, food was warm but definitely not Waffle House quality for breakfast. If I wanted and had time to get a hot sit down breakfast I would have gone to WH. However I was in a hurry and went the fast food route which is exactly what I got. Don't expect prime rib if you pay for bologna.

• Like 1

OK I was kind of ignoring this thread but. WTH do you expect from a DQ? Some of you are reviewing it like it is a 5 star restaurant in Buckhead. It is no better or no worse than any other fast food working out the new opening kinks. I have only been through the drive through once for breakfast just to try it out. My order was right, food was warm but definitely not Waffle House quality for breakfast. If I wanted and had time to get a hot sit down breakfast I would have gone to WH. However I was in a hurry and went the fast food route which is exactly what I got. Don't expect prime rib if you pay for bologna.

You review what ya got. If I had a new one star to try out, I'd talk about that. But I don't. I have a freakin' DQ. We could talk about the sewer smell at the only other joint we got down here, but ain't that gettin' a little old. Feel free not to allow the subject to take up any more time.

I'll leave it to the rest of y'all to say something about the Dairy part, as I can't partake, but the Queen part is another matter.

Had to try the chili dog. Good for what it is. Needs onions. Kind of disappointed though. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was small, DQ used to have like 47 different hot dogs. Now there's one? What's up with that?

Went back and tried the Flamethrower burger a few days later. Everything on the burger was pretty good. BUT, and that's a big'ol BUT, the meat was overcooked to cardboard and somehow still only slightly above room temperature. Burger was cool enough not to melt cheese even wrapped in a tin foil kinda wrap. But that seems to be the norm now a days everywhere. Hate that.

Can't do fries or rings so have no idea there.

So, ya been? Whatdayathink?

Hadn't tried the new one yet, but the DQ in Hiram does the same thing to their burgers. It'll be jet black on the edges and cold in the middle. My teenager will actually cut the edges off to eat it because it's so burnt. I do like their snack options, like their chicken bacon barbecue wrap. It's not bad and lower-calorie than their chicken finger baskets!

I don’t think I’ve been to a DQ since I was in high school. Nothing about them appeal to me.

Actually I don’t go through burger joints at all, except once in a blue moon I’ll go to Wendy’s in Hiram. There is no place on Merchants Drive that I would even try.

If I get a biscuit it’s from CHick Fil A

If I get a biscuit, it's from the new Martins in Rockmart. Or A & R at 61 & Braswell Mtn Rd if I am on that side of 'town'. I wish I wasn't too lazy to just make my own...

I am just sick of fast food in general, and service is just awful no matter where you go, it seems. There is the occasional exception, but as I said elsewhere, most of the young people in these jobs today do not have the interpersonal skills, courtesy or respect for others to hold a service position.

• Like 2

Don’t go for the biscuits, they’re nasty!!! We ordered the Sausage~Gravy Biscuits and will NOT make that mistake again!!!! We’ll probably just stick to the Ice Creams and such!!Definitely not the foods!!