Paulding.com

"He knew what he signed up for."

I'm of the opinion that it is in poor taste to drag

this widow's grief thru the slimy gutter of politics.

Search your common humanity and pray for our troops...

Nothing more need be said...

:( :( :(

That may be one of the reasons previous Presidents didn't make the call. Trump, in desperate need of narcissistic supply decided he would do it and botched the job. Now Trump wants to lie and revise the history of events through gaslighting and hide behind a former general while doing so. :(

23794f182b90920a7546911c1d074883.gif

• Like 2
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump doesn't respect soldiers that get caught maybe he doesn't care for the ones that get killed.

The president says dumb things on almost a daily basis. It's not that hard to believe that he would say something that stupid.

And about a year ago, the New York Times had Hillary as a 93% probability to win the White House. Damn Ruskies.

That may be one of the reasons previous Presidents didn't make the call. Trump, in desperate need of narcissistic supply decided he would do it and botched the job. Now Trump wants to lie and revise the history of events through gaslighting and hide behind a former general while doing so. :( 23794f182b90920a7546911c1d074883.gif

While I don't agree with you, I think it's wonderful you've got your mind on something else other than our local court for at least a few minutes.

While I don't agree with you, I think it's wonderful you've got your mind on something else other than our local court for at least a few minutes.

B) ;) 8)

This is disgusting. La David Johnson will be laid to rest tomorrow. And his wife, kids and Mother will be there. Bless them. I can't even imagine their pain.

Just shut up! And act and speak like a freaking grown up! How anyone can excuse this behavior is beyond me.

I couldn't find that on any news site.

I could be wrong, but I believe fire911 was talking about Natasha de Alencar - she was interviewed and defended the President. Her husband Mark was killed in Afghanistan earlier this year.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I could be wrong, but I believe fire911 was talking about Natasha de Alencar - she was interviewed and defended the President. Her husband Mark was killed in Afghanistan earlier this year.

I saw that article.

This is disgusting. La David Johnson will be laid to rest tomorrow. And his wife, kids and Mother will be there. Bless them. I can't even imagine their pain.

Just shut up! And act and speak like a freaking grown up! How anyone can excuse this behavior is beyond me.

The congresswoman should have never gone to the news media with this at all. You have to ask why she did it knowing this would put the spouse and her children in the spotlight and cause the news media to invade their privacy to get her version of the story, which would have only added to their grief. The congresswoman did this to get her own damn face in front of the news cameras. She's a sorry piece of...

• Like 1

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/gold-star-widow-releases-audio-trumps-condolence-call

I saw that article.

The congresswoman should have never gone to the news media with this at all. You have to ask why she did it knowing this would put the spouse and her children in the spotlight and cause the news media to invade their privacy to get her version of the story, which would have only added to their grief. The congresswoman did this to get her own damn face in front of the news cameras. She's a sorry piece of...

Not to mention, she now has a target on her back since everyone knows who she is. Her family could now be in danger.

• Like 1

I saw that article.

So is this another case of kill the messenger and ignore the message ?

I saw that article.

She didn't ask for the news media to be present. Someone asked her a question and she answered it. The buck stops with the Pres... err uhmmm... Chief of Staff. 45 hides behind the Chief of Staff who never politicized his own son's death, but now allows 45 to do it.

I'm sure most of it is still classified as ongoing investigations continue. It really wasn't a secret that we've been in that area for some time. The news media really needs to learn about OPSEC. Some of the stuff I see them reporting about makes me SMH.

I'm sure most of it is still classified as ongoing investigations continue. It really wasn't a secret that we've been in that area for some time. The news media really needs to learn about OPSEC. Some of the stuff I see them reporting about makes me SMH.

What a lot of people to include the news media the fact it is under investigation and that releasing information to the public could hinder the investigation. I suspect someone someone within the Nigerian army leaked the information to those who organized and conducted the ambush as the number of their force was much greater and the location of the ambush. It looks as if they knew they were coming. Now the FBI is organizing an investigation of their own as well.

Why did it take so long for Trump to mention the casualties?: Perhaps wary of the political ramifications President Donald Trump has still not publicly stated that an ISIS affiliated group was responsible. http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/us-niger-investigation-what-we-know/index.html

Perhaps Trump himself wasn’t quite clear on what Johnson had signed up for in Niger. https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/10/niger-isis-us-soldiers-attack/543531/

But What About....

Benghazi ! :clapping:

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 3

My take on this...

I've been digging into it, and while there doesn't seem to be any clear proof, it appears that Trump's comments were taken out of context. I think what he said was more like He knew what he signed up for, but he put the uniform on anyway and did his duty.

Granted, not the best way to say it, and Trump seems to have a habit of wording things poorly.

I think what he probably meant was more like He knew the dangers, yet he put his bravery and patriotism above his own safety and served his country with distinction.

A lot of politicians make gaffs. Dubya and Joe Biden come to mind. But yeah, Trump is the king of it.

I think we should be at least equally outraged at the congresswoman who made all this public. It was totally inappropriate for her to do that, as well as insensitive to the family of the deceased. What she should have done was to go to Trump privately and told him she thought he was an anal orifice. But no, she latched onto the opportunity to politicize this and become a bigshot within the party. She put party politics over common decency. Shame on her!!

But as usual, you who worship the political left have gleefully jumped on the bandwagon just to have something else to slam the guy you hate over. And in doing so, you are helping to add anger and stress to an already grieving family. I am truly disgusted by the hate and nastiness in politics today.

But as usual, you who worship the political left have gleefully jumped on the bandwagon just to have something else to slam the guy you hate over. And in doing so, you are helping to add anger and stress to an already grieving family. I am truly disgusted by the hate and nastiness in politics today.

I think you owe the left at least 21 congressional hearings ( the number of Benghazi investigations) before you are allowed to be truly disgusted.

• Like 1

My take on this...

I've been digging into it, and while there doesn't seem to be any clear proof, it appears that Trump's comments were taken out of context. I think what he said was more like He knew what he signed up for, but he put the uniform on anyway and did his duty.

Granted, not the best way to say it, and Trump seems to have a habit of wording things poorly.

I think what he probably meant was more like He knew the dangers, yet he put his bravery and patriotism above his own safety and served his country with distinction.

A lot of politicians make gaffs. Dubya and Joe Biden come to mind. But yeah, Trump is the king of it.

I think we should be at least equally outraged at the congresswoman who made all this public. It was totally inappropriate for her to do that, as well as insensitive to the family of the deceased. What she should have done was to go to Trump privately and told him she thought he was an anal orifice. But no, she latched onto the opportunity to politicize this and become a bigshot within the party. She put party politics over common decency. Shame on her!!

Well I don't think I give two ****s in the wind what your interpretation of what 45 said is. He said what he said and he didn't care enough to be clear or even use the fallen soldier's name. You know why? It wasn't about the fallen soldiers it was about Trump.

If 45 needs citizens to interpret what he said, why not just stfu and follow SOP and have the professionals speak for him since he obviously lacks an ability to functionally communicate using the English language.

While we're at it, can we revise what the Congress Women said so it is more soothing to the ears. What I think the Congresswoman meant to say was... Wait, she said what she meant to say. If she goes to 45 privately, he grabs her by the pu**y and tells her she is speaking out of turn and nothing changes.

Personally, I think you give the Congresswoman too much credit. She has never really been on the national stage before so to say she used this as an opportunity to propel herself to national prominence is a steaming pile of dung.

Evidently it was enough of a secret that Congress wasn't aware of it.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham and Democratic Senate leader Chuck Schumer said in separate interviews that they support Republican Senator John McCain’s effort to get answers from the Pentagon on the ambush and more broadly on the U.S. fight against ISIS in Niger....

“I didn’t know there was 1,000 troops in Niger,” Graham said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “This is an endless war without boundaries and no limitation on time and geography,” he added. “You’ve got to tell us more and he [McCain] is right to say that.”

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-niger-usa/u-s-senators-seek-answers-on-u-s-presence-in-niger-after-ambush-idUSKBN1CR0NG

Edited by CitizenCain

Well I don't think I give two ****s in the wind what your interpretation of what 45 said is. He said what he said and he didn't care enough to be clear or even use the fallen soldier's name. You know why? It wasn't about the fallen soldiers it was about Trump.

If 45 needs citizens to interpret what he said, why not just stfu and follow SOP and have the professionals speak for him since he obviously lacks an ability to functionally communicate using the English language.

While we're at it, can we revise what the Congress Women said so it is more soothing to the ears. What I think the Congresswoman meant to say was... Wait, she said what she meant to say. If she goes to 45 privately, he grabs her by the pu**y and tells her she is speaking out of turn and nothing changes.

Personally, I think you give the Congresswoman too much credit. She has never really been on the national stage before so to say she used this as an opportunity to propel herself to national prominence is a steaming pile of dung.

I see you're as nasty as ever.

• Like 1

Ah yes sorry, my mistake. It's very informative for people who want to be informed and smart. So never mind.

Well that's silly, he obviously tried to click on the link. As did I. The first time I tried it simply wouldn't load, the second time I tried it gave me a warning.

My anti virus software tells me your link is unsafe.[/quote

It's a Gov website.

Which gov't, the US or Russia? I proceeded to the website and it seemed to be filled with propaganda. I couldn't find a map similar to the one below anywhere.

Updated-2016-africas-natural-resources.p

Then why did she say "give me the phone?" She could have just started talking.

They probably muted the phone so Trump could speak.

Why wouldn't she lie?

Trump has told 1318 known lies since taking office. That amounts to 5/day. I think that makes him the undisputed king of liars. A half truth is a whole lie.

• Like 2

They probably muted the phone so Trump could speak.

Trump has told 1318 known lies since taking office. That amounts to 5/day. I think that makes him the undisputed king of liars. A half truth is a whole lie.

Sweetie, the snuggle and handholding offer was up hours ago. Go on to bed now. Go on.

• Like 1

If nothing else, this administration with give us four years of entertainment watching the left acting like 12 year old drama queens and making utter fools out of themselves.

Watching the right wing stooges making excuses for your clown is plenty enough entertainment constantly trying to invent want he meant to say instead of what he said is a hoot, fantasizing about a president you imagine he is instead of the moron that even his chief of staff admits he is will keep us all entertained as long as he does not tear this nation apart or get a few million people killed in a nuclear holocaust before it's over.

• Like 2

My take on this...

The Congresswoman appears to be a self absorbed publicity hound. She must be afraid she will lose her mind if she takes off her cowgirl hat. Thinking she has already lost it. Sad to turn a Soldier's death into something about herself. :(

• Like 4

The Congresswoman appears to be a self absorbed publicity hound. She must be afraid she will lose her mind if she takes off her cowgirl hat. Thinking she has already lost it. Sad to turn a Soldier's death into something about herself. :(

^^ Exactly what this is about. She is a publicity hound.

• Like 2

Well some of you are so hell bent in not believing any thing but what you want to hear, Maybe in about a week you can contact the widow and just see what she says.. No some of you would not want to believe what she has to say. If you are grown men and women you need to

get over some of this hate you have in your hearts. Do you think we liked Obama, no but we did not carry on like this. Sometimes it is what it is.

^^ Exactly what this is about. She is a publicity hound.

Exactly, I heard 1news commentator say she is now a rock star in her own mind, just after running the clip of her saying just about the same thing about a slain FBI agent and reviewing her consistent voting record against funding our soldiers.

Of course when she said it about the FBI agent it was a compliment to the sacrifice he made.