Paulding.com

Fall colors?

Has anyone else noticed the leaves on trees changing already? There are several in my neighborhood that are turning. I thought I was seeing things but I looked close last night and my neighbor's maple tree has red/yellow at the top of it. Kind of early. Maybe because we haven't had any rain lately?

Has anyone else noticed the leaves on trees changing already? There are several in my neighborhood that are turning. I thought I was seeing things but I looked close last night and my neighbor's maple tree has red/yellow at the top of it. Kind of early. Maybe because we haven't had any rain lately?

We were just commenting yesterday on how our cherry trees are already loosing their leaves.

• Like 1

Some of the leaves are already turning colors here -- and some have already fallen.....Thought it was just me....Guess Not!

They are making a mess of my place already. We need to cut some trees down. It is getting harder and harder to keep up with the mess they make on the patio and pool deck year round. Grass won't grow in the back yard because the roots are so close to the top soil.

I love trees and it hurts to cut them, but I am going to have to make a decision. When we built the house over 20 years ago I remember tagging the little 18 inch trees to stay. Now they are over 3ft around the yard is so shaded my vegetable garden won't produce for lack of sun.

I still love them. I tell myself hubby and I need the exercise of getting them up every year. LOL

With respect to leaves falling, Georgia and a good part of the country is experiencing a caterpillar infestation. I hadn't noticed until it was pointed out to me, but if you look around at the trees you will see that caterpillar tents (nests) are everywhere.

---Sorry was listening to Walter Reeves the other morning and he was talking about the subject.

- Jamie

• Like 3

With respect to leaves falling, Georgia and a good part of the country is experiencing a caterpillar infestation. I hadn't noticed until it was pointed out to me, but if you look around at the trees you will see that caterpillar tents (nests) are everywhere.

---Sorry was listening to Walter Reeves the other morning and he was talking about the subject.

- Jamie

Is this called "bag worms"? I have noticed a lot of these around, too.

- Jamie

I was commenting to my husband several weeks ago that there seemed to be many more bag worms this year.

The worms are on the trees every year, but some years we have more worms than other years. Yes, the worms do eat the leaves but they won't kill the tree. My great grandfather had a tree that they appeared every year on. We called it the "worm tree" as we used the caterpillars for fishing! LOL :D

• Like 2

I think there's an old saying that the more worms, the colder the winter. Don't know why.

I've heard that too. Hence, why I have been anxious to hear what the persimmons are forecasting.

• Like 1