Paulding.com

My coworker apparently does not know the etiqutte "rule" about bringing fish for lunch at work. We work in a doctor's office and sit in the same small station, next to each other actually. She goes to the hospital to buy lunch and usually eats it at her desk. Only problem is she gets fish almost every day. I'm not talking Captain D's fake stuff, but fried flounder and grilled snapper and grouper. The stinky stuff. It stinks so much and she throws her (mostly) empty take-out container in the trash can at her desk. Today it was salmon and broccoli, microwaved, so it wafted down the hall from the break room.

What's your workplace gripe? (Lighthearted and joking, please).

• Like 1

I would have to say something, especially throwing any of it in the garbage.

We could eat at our desk at work but it was a policy no fish or any other stinky stuff. We had a girl from Louisiana and she finally quit bringing it to her desk.

That was one of several reasons why I preferred to eat outdoors or in my cars. I could not stand smelling the foods people bring to work/the canteen. Curries was far the worst I have smelt in there.

If possible, get some baking soda and sprinkle on the stinky stuff in the rubbish. It should help.

True story. In the mid 70's we had a coworker who would steal food. We felt since the frig was in his work area he felt anything in it was for him. Another coworkers girl friend baked a pan of brownies and loaded in a box or 2 of Exlax. Sure enough at morning break the pan of brownies disappeared. The thief was then out of work sick a couple of days. When he returned everyone hassled him about the missing brownies. Problem solved itself.

I'm guessing this work place humor would get you fired and or arrested today.

• Like 8

That brung me back to memories -- I once brought a box of ExLax (the chocolate one) to school. I gave some to my mates (they asked for some). I did not tell them what it was. :D I wish I remember what had happened on that day.

• Like 3

Another good thing to do, if you are a lumber jack, or any construction worker.

A friend of mine used to work in the pulpwood cutting business. Well, every day the other guys would bum his chewing tobacco. He was a good guy, but he got tired of handing out his chew.

One day he salvaged a plug of chewing tobacco by making out like he was hiding by a tree while taking a pee. He pulled out a plug and urinated on it.

One of the guys asked why the hell he did that. He said, "That is the way I do all my chew, It makes it mellow."

He never had to be nice and give away another chew.

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 3

My husband worked with a guy who would microwave & eat salmon at his desk every single day and leave the container on his desk until the end of the day. They had a communal desk so it was a huge issue, especially to my husband who hates fish. This same guy would also eat oranges every day and leave the peels, drippings, and seeds that he spit out all over his desk. Needless to say, they had an ant problem.

My office pet peeve is talkers. People who come to your desk and talk, talk, talk, despite you giving them verbal & non-verbal clues that you are busy and want them to leave. I had a girl like this in my last office and it was a wonder that she had any work to do at all considering the amount that she gabbed in person & on the phone. Every morning was a 1-2 session on the phone with her dance mom friends, then it was her making her rounds to talk to everyone. Annoying & frustrating on so many levels.

• Like 5

My biggest co-worker pet peeve was Cubicle Karaoke. These women who would wear their earbuds/headphones and sing along to the music they were listening to. You couldn't hear their music, but you could hear them singing along, and usually very badly. :diablo:

• Like 3

Popcorn should be banned.

Too many people don't know how to microwave it and the awful smell spreads everywhere.

There is a microwave literally right outside of my office (in a side hall suite of offices) so I get to "enjoy" everything that is heated up in it.

Sometimes it's not bad, but most of the time it is awful.

If I eat anything in my office, I take the trash to the can in a common area - like the break room - or even outside.

• Like 3

True story. In the mid 70's we had a coworker who would steal food. We felt since the frig was in his work area he felt anything in it was for him. Another coworkers girl friend baked a pan of brownies and loaded in a box or 2 of Exlax. Sure enough at morning break the pan of brownies disappeared. The thief was then out of work sick a couple of days. When he returned everyone hassled him about the missing brownies. Problem solved itself.

I'm guessing this work place humor would get you fired and or arrested today.

Not really a work place thing but I've heard of someone in the 80s leaving the stuff for a neighbor's dog that kept pooping on his lawn.