Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

Pregnant woman may face jail time for running down robber

I seen this on the news and could not believe the lady could face 2 years in jail for running down the guy who was stealing her purse out of her car... she did chase him on foot a few minutes but with her being pregnant she got in her car and ran him over..... he was not hurt bad...to bad his legs were not broken that would have slowed him down for a while from stealing.

People are tired of all of the thieves getting away with stealing and breaking into their homes... so I say the woman should not have to face any jail time. if more would do this maybe some of this crap would stop..

and this was on all news stations...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/29/pregnant-woman-runs-over-purse-snatching-suspect-in-walmart-parking-lot-see-video.html

• Like 2

She should be charged but I doubt she'll go to jail even if convicted. You can't take the law into your own hands like that unless it is self-defense.

She should be charged but I doubt she'll go to jail even if convicted. You can't take the law into your own hands like that unless it is self-defense.

I agree but dang. #1. don't mess with a pregnant woman. #2 don't take stuff that isn't yours.

• Like 5

She was probably arrested because she was endangering herself and her unborn baby.

I agree but dang. #1. don't mess with a pregnant woman. #2 don't take stuff that isn't yours.

Amen to that. Those pregnancy hormones will kill ya!

• Like 2

So what you are saying is that because she is pregnant she should be given a pass for running someone down with her car?

Running someone down over a stolen purse is excessive no matter what condition the person is in. Being pregnant is not an excuse. What if she had killed the guy? Would you still feel the same?

It was a purse, not worth the possibility of taking someones life, she is lucky that she did not kill the person and her kid ends up visiting mom behind a glass window.

Would we feel the same if she had shot him during his attempt to run?

- Jamie

I was wondering the same thing.

maybe she should have used the "twinkie" defense. she did what she did because she was MAD AS H***. he was wrong. and being pregnant did make her MADDER THAN H***. DO NOT MESS with a pregnant women...

It is called due process and I do think that the defense attorney would be wise to request a jury trial.

The ordeal of being charged and standing trial is part of the punishment as well as the cost of the defense.

I'll leave judgment to the jury which gets to hear all the facts.

pubby

You are not allowed to use deadly force in defense of property, be it with a firearm or anything else. Period. To use deadly force, there must be a threat to yourself or another person. (and a valid threat at that)

Otherwise, you'd have kids being killed over picking apples off a guy's tree and all kinds of stuff like that. You might as well give the police the right to shoot anyone who runs away from an arrest. (We've seen the issues that arise from that!)

My son (who has his firearm permit)just a month ago had to watch the guy that had just broken out his $250 car window to steal his camera bags run away, because he's made himself aware of the law.

You want to do it, but it's just not worth it. If she had accidentally killed him with the SUV, she'd be in a world of hurt. I'll be surprised if she still doesn't get sued for medical and pain/suffering damages. This will end up costing her a lot more than whatever was in that purse.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

So what you are saying is that because she is pregnant she should be given a pass for running someone down with her car?

Running someone down over a stolen purse is excessive no matter what condition the person is in. Being pregnant is not an excuse. What if she had killed the guy? Would you still feel the same?

It was a purse, not worth the possibility of taking someones life, she is lucky that she did not kill the person and her kid ends up visiting mom behind a glass window.

what I am saying is he was stealing from her personal car, taking something that did not belong to him, so being pregnant does not have as much to do with her going after him, as much as it does that he was taking something that did not belong to him.. he invaded her space, and her purse probably had all of her personal information in it, money ect..... what if he had of had a gun and robbed her at gun point.... there is a lot of what if's, but the fact remains people are getting tired of no good scum taking things do not belong them.

Would we feel the same if she had shot him during his attempt to run?

- Jamie

would we feel the same if he had of robbed her at gun point? the answer to your question is yes I would still feel the same way, as long as she had a good aim, and shot him to wound him, not to kill him...

• Like 1

You are not allowed to use deadly force in defense of property, be it with a firearm or anything else. Period. To use deadly force, there must be a threat to yourself or another person. (and a valid threat at that)

Otherwise, you'd have kids being killed over picking apples off a guy's tree and all kinds of stuff like that. You might as well give the police the right to shoot anyone who runs away from an arrest. (We've seen the issues that arise from that!)

My son (who has his firearm permit)just a month ago had to watch the guy that had just broken out his $250 car window to steal his camera bags run away, because he's made himself aware of the law.

You want to do it, but it's just not worth it. If she had accidentally killed him with the SUV, she'd be in a world of hurt. I'll be surprised if she still doesn't get sued for medical and pain/suffering damages. This will end up costing her a lot more than whatever was in that purse.

If she wanted to kill him, she could have very easily have done that, but she did not, all she did was knock him down, and becasue of people just standing and watching people steal their things is a part of the problem 9 times out of 10 they are never caught... and they will pay you another visit since nothing was done the first time.. if that is the case then we may as well open the doors to our homes and put a sign out that reads: come steal all you want I will just stand and watch you take everything I worked hard for.. the next time they may have a gun and kill you just for the heck of it.

was the lady in the right doing what she did? no she was not, however her instinct kicked in and she was protecting what was hers. would I do the same thing? not sure if i would or not. depends on the kind of day I am having :) I am just glad he did not have a gun and kill her and her unborn child over as some put it. *just a Purse* to many thieves are getting away with to much.

so my question is * would we still feel this way if he had of killed her and her unborn child over just a purse?

If he had a gun out, it becomes a threat to her life and she is then legally able to use any force required to remove that threat. She was not in the car at the time he broke in.

If you want to pull the line of using possible deadly force back so far, where do you draw it?

Ok to shoot people running away from your house (not sure, but they might have done something)

OK to shoot trespassers (dang, how was I to know he was a tax appraiser?)

OK to run over a kid playing in the street because he's not supposed to be there?

OK to run over someone that shoots you a bird from the sidewalk?

You have to have a reasonable line.

Would you be OK with the police shooting anyone that runs from them? Should they have air to ground missiles on the helicopters to stop car chases?

From what I understand you cannot use deadly force unless your life is threatened. Period.

She was aggressive because he was stealing from her and probably scared the bejesus out of her.

I bet she's going to regret handling this the way she did. Big time.

• Like 1

What if she ran after him ,tackled him together her purse back?

I guess not,he might fall on his head and die. Deadly Force