Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

EPHS smoke coming from gym

my son just went by EPHS and said there was a lot of smoke coming from the gym, i know they have been doing construction on the gym... but he said it looked pretty bad...

my son just went by EPHS and said there was a lot of smoke coming from the gym, i know they have been doing construction on the gym... but he said it looked pretty bad...

Did anyone call 911 or fire station?

There is a video on Facebook. Search East Paulding High School then Videos.

they say it was bad wiring on Ac unit

Did anyone call 911 or fire station?

yes fire department already there when he went by

• Like 1

East Paulding High School Fire

Many of our citizens have asked about the fire that occurred at East Paulding High School today. The facts are as follows:

The Paulding County Fire Department is the lead agency working this incident. What we know is that a fire was possibly sparked from construction near the roof area of the main gymnasium. Fire crews have been on scene all afternoon trying to extinguish the fire and mitigate the smoke. We do not have any information as far as the seriousness of this fire but do know that there will be significant smoke and water damage to the gymnasium and locker room areas of East Paulding High School. For more detailed information, please contact the Paulding County Fire Department. #PauldingSheriff #PauldingFire #EastPauldingHighSchool

came by about 90 minutes ago and the school was full of Fire Dept., Rescue Dept., Sheriff Dept...smoke coming from left side of school since I have never been there I am not sure if that was the gym area or not...

I have a good friend on site there now. He says it's bad. Lots of damage. The contractor used a blade to cut the metal roof and the sparks caught insulation on fire. It will end up being the contractors fault more than likely and they will likely be responsible for the cost of fixing it.