Paulding.com

Gregg Allman dead at age 69

Gregg Allman dead at 69

GreggAllman,  who founded TheAllman Brothers Band with his late brother, Duane,and composed such classics as "Midnight Rider,"   hasdied at age 69.

Allman "passed away peacefully at his home in Savannah,Georgia," according to a statement on Gregg Allman's official website,noting that the family planned to release a statementsoon.

"Gregg struggled with many health issues over the pastseveral years. During that time, Gregg considered being onthe road playing music with his brothers and solo band forhis beloved fans, essential medicine for his soul. Playingmusic lifted him up and kept him going during the toughestof times." the statement said.

Click for RECENTTOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENTTOPICS

When my parents got divorced we moved to Daytona Beach with my mother. She was a waitress at the Aku Tiki Lounge. He would come in there a lot. My brother and I would be doing our homework, and he would buy us Shirley Temple's. We thought we were sooo cool. R.I.P.

• Like 5

To say that I am devastated would be a little dramatic but I am truly sad about the passing of Gregg. I saw him in concert numerous times and as recently as New Years eve 2015/2016. You cannot over estimate the influence he and the brothers had on blues/rock/southern rock. Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Wet Willie, Blackfoot, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon, Kid Rock, Clapton, Led Zepplin, Govt Mule, Blackberry Smoke, Hendrix, The Eagles, Otis Redding and many more site the ABB as influences and among their favorite bands of all time. Gregg was the best white blues vocalist of all time period. I have been a fan since the mid seventies and truly hope Gregg is at peace. Move over all the greats that we have lost in the past, heaven has a new house band and the lead singer has arrived.

• Like 4