Paulding.com

What is being built on Nebo Road?

we have wondered the same thing..... if you are talking about the place that has a building (metal) and it looks like they have started building something else on the property.. coming from dallas nebo on to nebo road it would be on the right hand side of the road.. that is a lot of property cleared off..

Is the property big enough for an ALDI store.

I am just wondering if LIDL is planning to put a store in that area?

It would have had to be rezoned. I don't remember a zoning being posted down there. Anybody else?

• Like 1

i do not think it is a store, looks more like one huge house in the middle of the property, or a subdivsion, and yes there was an orange zoning notice when it the trees started coming down... but i could not see what it was.

i was going to stop by there yesterday to read permit sign, but to many cars on my bumper...... i hope they did not clear off all of those trees just to put one house in the hot boiling sun.

It's wet out, I'm bored and something that's pretty close to on topic occurred to me. Something all of us down here seem to have become accustomed to. So much so that I haven't even heard it mentioned in years.

When they built the Ingles and the gas station, the intent (as I was told at the time) was to build an automated car wash on the level pad behind the gas station on Nebo. That was going on about the same time as the drought and water restrictions, along with the cancellation/postponement of all the new houses on the SW corner of the intersection. So it never happened. Then that became the unofficial truck parking for awhile until Ingles decided that had liability issues.

So now there sits a empty as hell, perfectly level, paved and PIPED lot with great access and already zoned commercial. It's absolutely none of my business, but it just drives me nuts. You could put any kind of small drive thru only food joint there and it would just be slammed out of the surrounding neighborhoods. As long as your not competing with the store deli, so no "meat and 3" or subs, but anything else would work. Even a food truck could install a utilities hook up and drive their investment home to the safety of their driveway at night.

Is it just me?

• Like 1

Looks like a house is on the lot now.... and I was thinking the otehr day about the car wash that never happened behind ingles.

I was told that there is also going to be a horse pasture around the house...... if that is so i hope they give those horses some shade... since the ycut all the trees down.

• Like 2