Paulding.com

Ridiculouos...but need some suggestions -

I'll make this simple (I haven't been on PCOM in a long time..and there was a time I was on a lot, ...maybe again...)...

Anyway, I was in an accident last October on Thornton road... I'm trying to figure a contingency attorney to call. There's a lot on TV and billboards, but if anyone has a personal association with a good contingency attorney, please let me now.

The guy who hit me had already pled guilty in court...My truck is now sitting in my backyard. It runs, but needs a new rear bumper...I just want to get my expenses back from this guy - sell my truck (99 Ford Explorer) and move on...

Any suggestions for an attorney and/or someone who is interested in my truck, please let me know...

Thank you

(My truck was paid off..... :-( )

Why don't you claim against your own insurance and let the insurance company sue him for repayment? If you can't do that, then you will need to go to small claims court but you probably won't be paid.

The other option should have been to have restitution done as part of his plea but it is probably too late for that.

Fix and sell or just sell as is.

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1

Just from my experience as a legal secretary. If there are no injuries (and therefore no money to be made on the case), you don't need an attorney. Get a copy of the accident report and contact the other driver's insurance company.

Just from my experience as a legal secretary. If there are no injuries (and therefore no money to be made on the case), you don't need an attorney. Get a copy of the accident report and contact the other driver's insurance company.

^^^^ this..... and then call your insurance company and let them handle it... they would rather go after them then to have to pay it them selves. good luck....

If the not at fault driver does not have full coverage, subrogation is probably not going to be an option. If the other driver has insurance (check the accident report) I would submit a claim to them. If the other driver doesn't have insurance and you have uninsured motorist coverage, contact your own company and tell them what happened.

Edited by rednekkhikkchikk

I appreciate all of your responses. Two cars stopped in front of me. I stopped and than a car behind hit me at full speed and pushed me into the car in front. The officer wrote up the citation saying it was my fault for following too close, yet the driver in front of me said he was only hit once. The officer never asked him about this. This alone and the physical evidence should have been enough (as the officers report had other errors) to prove he was wrong.

The driver behind made false statements as well (false in that they are easily proven by again, physical evidence...) . My insurance (USAA) asked for all of the information....I even had the driver in front call my insurance investigator and tell her as it was recorded he was only struck once.

I went to the D'Ville court and the Judge asked how I pled.... Not Guilty. He asked,.. for a ticket for following too close? I said, yes, because in doing so the officer claimed I was at fault. Pleading guilty, which I was not, would not be the truth and I was NOT at fault. I told the judge I had physical evidence, video, the laws of physics, pictures and the errors on the police report....He asked me to approach... I showed him the police report and noted two errors.... he shook his head and suggested I return to see the Solicitor one month later to present to her and to probably avoid court....

One month later, I show up and finally (after 2 hours) I met with her. She was tired and wanted to get the day done (she offered all of this emotional mood to me...). I showed her 'some' of what I had... she interrupted me and said she read the police reports and although she believed me...suggested I plead Nolocontendre(?). I honestly didn't know how this played in this case, but she said it would be as if the ticket was never issued.,. I went back in tot he court and told the judge Nolocont......and he said, fine... you're free to go... I wasn't given any paperwork or anything.... Although thinking back, they kept the money I had to pay for the fine up front.....

Than insurance investigator calls and wants to know what happened, because the guy in front got a lawyer and his car was totaled....Okay, blame it all on the guy behind me.... She's an idiot...she didn't help after the accident and I even spent a week of vacation in the room making numerous calls to the insurance company claims offices (and 3 other divisions) , car rental companies, airlines to reschedule,... great waste of a vacation. Oh, I was injured...I had a gash across my head from forehead to back...some blood...long scare... doctor said whip flash.....six months later....this is ridiculous. I still want to recoup what I spent (Actual, Compensatory and if allowed Punitive). I don;t know what's going on as the Ins company doesn't communicate very well no matter how many VM I leave....

So, I thought getting an attorney, they can charge whatever is reasonable and in the lawsuit, they get what they can justify and I'll get back what costs I've incurred...

Sorry for the long story....maybe I just needed to get this out.....

since you plead "nolo" to your case, that maybe good for the criminal court, but does nothing for the civil court issue, and you are still considered to have contributed to the accident / negligence. --- as far as the guy that hit you, you should have contacted the d.a.. and made it a condition of him pleading guilty, that you would get restitution to fix your car. They would have given him a new court date and he would have to pay before then OR they would put him on probation until you get paid.

you can get free quotes from attorneys, but in your case, i think they are going to look at your injuries and your ticket and say that you contributed to your injury and your car damage {it is not clear cut the other guy is 100% at fault}, and they may want a large deposit... Remember, the policeman is always right.......

from my experience with different accident attorneys in douglas and paulding, they do not like to take difficult cases and only want the easy cases where the person at fault is clearly stated

Edited by Pinches Monos