Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
surepip

Is it crappy Lenovo computers or Windows ?

Can any computer gurus give me some clues of how to feload Windows [8,0?; 8.1?] onto my Lenovo ?

Which site to trust...[there must be 25] and how to tell if they are legit ?

I have piles of follow up emails to do from the poultry show last week and I am having to use my 2005 Dell Tower, The Lenovo keeps dropping out the email.

I click on send, and I get a message in a cloud that the page cannot be refreshed, .....and I have to type the message over again.

I type them in WORD now, and cut and paste. But If it looses a message with attachements, I have to do all the attachments over again.

It is really starting to piss me off.

My Zenith, HP, and every other lap top I have had in the past 25 years have lasted for 3, 4, 5 years. This one is only 18 nmonths.

Suggestions from the gurus ??????

Suggestions from the gurus ??????

Take it to some computer repair store to reload it or fix it. From what you're describing, it's probably not something that can be easily fixed over an internet forum.

Most later computers have the recovery disk built in. If you look at "My computer" do you see an extra drive called "Recovery" or something like that?

My desktop got a virus a couple years back and I took it to Dallas Computer Sales and Service (on Dallas Acworth Hwy). He was great--did a rush job for me because I had to have it to work from home. After that I installed Malware Bytes ($25 a yr) and have had no problems at all since. He is a good honest guy and I would definitely use him again!

Windows 8 has a built in recovery option. In the search box just type in recovery. It is pretty straight forward. Just remember if you do a factory restore it erases everything and makes it like new when you got it so you have to set everything up again and you lose all your files. The other option just refreshes the operating system but does not erase your files but I would back your stuff up anyway.