Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jane Ty

I20 connector from Paulding

Does anyone know where I can find information on the project of making a connector to I20? I tried looking it up on paulding gov and dot websites but haven't seen anything. I remember there was talk about it last year.

Does anyone know where I can find information on the project of making a connector to I20? I tried looking it up on paulding gov and dot websites but haven't seen anything. I remember there was talk about it last year.

Isn't that 278?

I think you are thinking about the toll road that was to connect I-20 to I-75 and pass through Paulding.

It was shot down in flames, never to rise again.

• Like 2

Really the only way to help Paulding grow is to transform hwy 61 into a bypass. I doubt that would ever make it due to getting around the City of Dallas and there is already a great road (hwy 113) that has had investment into it.

I am afraid we are stuck with houses and an airport.

Highway 61 is already a bypass for 18 wheelers getting off I-20 heading north to I-75

In Cartersville.

I don't blame them at all for avoiding Atlanta at all costs.

So far I don't think there's been any terrible wrecks involving big trucks.

Highway 61 is already a bypass for 18 wheelers getting off I-20 heading north to I-75

In Cartersville.

I don't blame them at all for avoiding Atlanta at all costs.

So far I don't think there's been any terrible wrecks involving big trucks.

They sure tear up the right turn in downtown Dallas when they run over the curb though.

I think more trucks take 92 vs 61. It would be nice if 61 was 4 lane, divided highway easily connecting in the Cartersville/75 area down to I-20.

• Like 1

In the regional long range plan, there is a proposal to make Dallas Nebo connect with Highway 5 in Douglasville. Not sure if thats the one you are referring too. There is also Hwy 92 expansion, which has already started

I think more trucks take 92 vs 61. It would be nice if 61 was 4 lane, divided highway easily connecting in the Cartersville/75 area down to I-20.

I'm not sure of the truck traffic on 92, but I've been stuck behind enough on 61 to know a bunch go that way. There are fewer lights, getting through Dallas is easier than trying to cross 278 in Hiram and they can take Old Alabama road and go straight to 75 right at Cartersville. If they go 92, they end up turning left onto 41 and headed up to the connector I would imagine.

If the Dabbs Bridge/41 interchange to 75 ever gets built, then I think 92 would become the primary path (even with the 278 issues) due to the 4 lane portions and Dallas would look like that town in Cars.

Yes there is more traffic on 92 and 99% is coming from the inter modal site from Norfolk Soiuthern

• Like 1

Yes there is more traffic on 92 and 99% is coming from the inter modal site from Norfolk Soiuthern

Ah, then I wouldn't see it on the Northside where I am. Hopefully it's taking the Hiram by pass to 278.

I think it has to do with 92 widening. I remember hearing something at the commissioner meetings last year about it and someone brought it up in conversation yesterday.

Dabbs Bridge project is on the gov website but of course there's nothing about it being a connector to anything. It would make sense, although for some reason I was thinking the connector would happen not towards 41 but to Douglasville side.

Its a long shot as to whether or not they were talking about 92, but. There was a plan many moons ago to extend the west hiram bypass to connect to 92 north of Hiram. That would have then been made the new route of 92 and the existing road thru town would be given over to local control. That seemed to go away sometime before Bill Carruth was built and then 4 laned. I don't know now if the alignment of 92 will change to Bill Carruth or if they'll just let it ride the way it is.