Paulding.com

Yellow M place

This is not important but I wonder about it. I have always said Mac donald's. Nowadays everyone says Mick donald's. But, notice the burger is Big Mac not Big Mick, so I think I am right. What do you say? I know it is not important, but I want to know what is the general opinion. Thanks.

When they bust out a singin' and a dancin' over the burgers in their commercials they sing it as "mac".

That's the good southern pronunciation anyway, y'all can be yankee influenced if you like.

Like it's spelled. MacDonalds.....except I eat a cheese quarter pounder once or twice a year. I don't dig mass produced foods of any kind. It just doesn't seem good for you. Or your kids people.

but it's spelled McDonalds

• Like 4

I call it MacDonald's (hey McDonald's original founders, Dick and Mac McDonald were part Irish), McDonald's McDog's or McD's.

I have heard some of different names for McD's: http://bit.ly/2iTfqFw :D

I have not eaten in McD's in years. The last time I ate was in McD's in West Cartersville/Euharlee. I was not pleased with the food I received that time.

Edited by Brian

Everything is better cooked in lard.

My grandmother used to render lard from the pigs we would kill.

My God, that's what made her fried apple pies so good and biscuits and fried chicken. Well, fried everything.

My mother convinced her sometime in the late 50's to use Crisco.

• Like 2

McD's fries were tastier when they were cooked in lard. (Back in the day before the Health Police shamed them into using vegetable oil).

True story!

McD's fries were tastier when they were cooked in lard. (Back in the day before the Health Police shamed them into using vegetable oil).

I worked in McD's for couple of months when I was 15. I worked at the frying unit. I had to fill/refill and drain lard. I don't remember them smelling like pigs. I looked it up, they used beef tallow (beef fats) back in the days.

See: http://bit.ly/2iUvoz6

I say "Gag-n-Heave"

Have not eaten in one since the late 1970s?

Have not stepped foot inside on since the mid 1990s, before my son's taste buds grew proper nerve endings and he realized how much better the home cooked food was, including burgers and fries. And yes, I still grind my own beef. It is worth the time and effort.

Am I the only one to have never tried a McRib? I'll have to make that a new years resolution.

- Jamie

No.

I don't eat there. Probably haven't in 20 years.

I get happy meals for the rug rat and feel guilty because I don't know what he's eating. LOL

• Like 1

Mc is pronounced "mick"

or thats the way we were taught in school 45 years ago. :pardon:

I always heard it as "Muhk" or "Muck" as in Muhkdonalds ... Muhkgiver ... According to dictionary.com ... muh k-don-ld ...

That is what the dictionary says now in 2017.

pubby

I say "Gag-n-Heave"

Have not eaten in one since the late 1970s?

Have not stepped foot inside on since the mid 1990s, before my son's taste buds grew proper nerve endings and he realized how much better the home cooked food was, including burgers and fries. And yes, I still grind my own beef. It is worth the time and effort.

What do you grind? Just get a chuck roast and grind it all up?

We have a grinder that I've used to grind deer and since we came up short this year, may want to make regular burger out of it.