Paulding.com

Weather Dudes are throwing around that "S" word.

For possible Friday night into Saturday.

Here's a video from James Spann. Keep in mind he is commenting for Alabama WX, but we are only a few hours behind them in terms of events.

Pay attention to his wording. He is very careful about how he phrases his statements regarding the weather.

Most of the weather dudes are saying 1-2 inches at most, if even that.

I hope this isn't another "non event".

DH is saying the reports he is seeing is 1-3 inches. And I agree with the non-event potential!

But Karen Minton said this morning the models are not lining up yet --- could be north, could be south, could be us but to wait until 24 hours out as things are fluctuating too much at this point --- BUT BE AWARE! The temps will be cold, it is just where the moisture will be :wacko:

Here's the latest from the NWS.

Confidence is increasing for widespread winter precipitation late Friday through early Saturday. While it is still early to specify precipitation type or accumulations for any one location, the current forecast calls for mostly snow possibly mixed with rain at the onset of the event. Currently, the greatest potential for accumulating snow is along and north of a Columbus to Macon to Augusta line.

A swath of heavier snow is currently forecast for the I20 and I85 corridor in west central Georgia extending northeast along the I85 corridor through northeast Georgia. This includes the northeast Georgia mountains. Within the band of heavier snow, accumulations of 2-3 inches, with locally higher amounts are possible. Far northwest Georgia currently has forecasted accumulations up to an inch, however, confidence is not as high across far northwest Georgia and amounts could go higher. For areas on either side of a line from Lagrange to Forsyth to Eatonton to Augusta, up to an inch is possible, however, more rain mixed with snow is possible and may lower overall accumulations.

While it is still to early to pinpoint exact onset, precipitation is expected to start across northwest Georgia during the afternoon hours on Friday and continue to spread southeast through Friday night and into Saturday morning. As we approach the onset of this event, we hope to provide a better timing estimate.

see full statement here:

https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/products/locations/FFC/SPS/1

Edited by Blondiega1

My son asks me everyday, at least twice a day if it's going to snow so I'm hoping it does at least a little.

I just got back from Publix. Still plenty of milk bread and eggs...for now.

Just got back from Kroger. ITS NUTS THERE!

Papi is going to have to go tomorrow.

Not because of snow threat but because we have no food. :lol:

Same here, lol!

My son asks me everyday, at least twice a day if it's going to snow so I'm hoping it does at least a little.

I just got back from Publix. Still plenty of milk bread and eggs...for now.

I hope it snows for your little boy. :)

Edited by Dana
  • Like 1