Paulding.com

We had a pretty long haired black kitty coming to our house for food we ask around and no one claims it (don't know if it's a boy or girl) it's not a little kitten but don't look old .but it is sweet!. If I didn't already have 3 cats now I would keep it in a heartbeat! I don't know what to do ,which brings me to the question....what would you do? Turn it loose and pretend it isn't cold and hungry ....or turn it over to the pound? I would really love to find it a forever home....any takers? Anyway thanks in advance for your input.......PS this kitty would make a good barn kitty...

Edited by OSU

Well, there's no picture so I'll just offer this. If it were me and this kitty grabbed at me I would take him/her in till I could find a decent home. If you're interested in getting the kitty fixed, I'll help with that.

Good luck. Just let me know about the fixing and I'll make it happen.

It's tough when folks just let their animals roam. Believe me, I've had more than my fair share.

They are my weakness. Just like I bet they are yours as well.

• Like 7

First of all if you can't tell what sex a cat is someone should sit you down and have the "talk".

(Just kidding) :)

lol believe me I know how to tell a boy from a girl lol but this kitty loves to be petted and loved on ...then it grabs your hand and wants to play I got you! I am still trying to win it over and dont want to rush at it.....also I will try to get a picture....I know you was just joking lol

• Like 2

I once had 9 (don't judge). Two were my grandbaby kitties while daughter worked out of town. But with their different personalities, you seldom saw more than 3 or 4 at the same time. My guests were amazed. And no kitty smell.

I personally could not turn it out into the cold. Maybe after a pic gets posted, you can find a forever home.

• Like 3

When my daughter was in college in Cin., the neighbor cat was such a scruffy guy; and covered with fleas. We did not want to bring him into the house with her current cat (flealess), so we made a bed on the porch with a cardboard box; blankets inside and outside. The neighbor eventually moved and left the cat. He is still with my daughter and now lives in NYC. He is about 14 years old and has lived in many states and cities due to her career (actress). He now lives a wonderful life and I call him the "city kitty".

Just had to tell that story.

• Like 4

thanks for all the responses and got to admit I am still torn. Thought I had a home for kitty but it didnt pan out. So now I ask myself ...do I just turn it back out...or take it to the pound? I know either one the outcome is grim....but I cant turn it loose out in the cold and pretend it isnt out there....and I know not very many people looking for a cat at the pound is looking for an adult cat...I thought about keeping it ,but I have 3 cats 2 are seniors and a dog. and right now 4 animals to vet, feed and take care of is all we can handle.But as right now it is in our finished room downstairs where it is warm and safe....this is one of the rewards of being an animal lover I guess...although I should know by now I cant save them all :mellow:

• Like 1

No picture or approximate age? That would be a good start to locate a good home. Also, he or she really needs to be scanned for a microchip, just in case. Long hair cats are not usually good barn kitties due to hair matting if it isn't brushed, so I wonder if it was a pet.

No picture or approximate age? That would be a good start to locate a good home. Also, he or she really needs to be scanned for a microchip, just in case. Long hair cats are not usually good barn kitties due to hair matting if it isn't brushed, so I wonder if it was a pet.

. Ok here is a picture hope to take kitty to vet tomorrow to try to learn more

post-20009-0-71619300-1481684746_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

What a pretty baby! Thank you for taking care of this sweetie. I'm an animal lover as well, I feel your pain. I had a beautiful green eyed Calico kitty show up on my doorstep a couple months ago. I'm a dog lover first but this kitty has stolen my heart. She is the one of the most affectionate cats I've ever encountered. She let's me hold her like a baby in my arms and loves to sleep on my chest. I found her owner, he told me she likes to roam and runs out the door every time he opens it. He didn't seem very concerned at all. He told me he recently got a dog and the dog doesn't care too much for the cat. What I'm getting is that the cat got shoved aside when the doggie arrived. I wish I could adopt her from him, she's here more than there. There's just no way I can take on an animal right now. Sorry for the rambling, lol! Please keep us posted on what happens with your kitty situation. From one animal lover to another, thank you!

• Like 1

What a pretty baby! Thank you for taking care of this sweetie. I'm an animal lover as well, I feel your pain. I had a beautiful green eyed Calico kitty show up on my doorstep a couple months ago. I'm a dog lover first but this kitty has stolen my heart. She is the one of the most affectionate cats I've ever encountered. She let's me hold her like a baby in my arms and loves to sleep on my chest. I found her owner, he told me she likes to roam and runs out the door every time he opens it. He didn't seem very concerned at all. He told me he recently got a dog and the dog doesn't care too much for the cat. What I'm getting is that the cat got shoved aside when the doggie arrived. I wish I could adopt her from him, she's here more than there. There's just no way I can take on an animal right now. Sorry for the rambling, lol! Please keep us posted on what happens with your kitty situation. From one animal lover to another, thank you!

thank you....I know what you mean ...I should have never gotten involved ,but the poor kitty was eating scraps of bread and appeared to be very hungry soooo. Anyway we will take kitty to our vet today and maybe we will be able to find out more ...but since I can't keep it sadly it may be the pound ...but that's better then the cold and hungry world. Keep your fingers crossed for "Fluffy"

thank you....I know what you mean ...I should have never gotten involved ,but the poor kitty was eating scraps of bread and appeared to be very hungry soooo. Anyway we will take kitty to our vet today and maybe we will be able to find out more ...but since I can't keep it sadly it may be the pound ...but that's better then the cold and hungry world. Keep your fingers crossed for "Fluffy"

Fingers crossed for fluffy! I named my "stray" Lila. The owner said her name was Peanut. This beautiful, regal cat is most definitely not a Peanut! :D

Fingers crossed for fluffy! I named my "stray" Lila. The owner said her name was Peanut. This beautiful, regal cat is most definitely not a Peanut! :D

update on fluffy...it was a boy...unuttered...about 3-6 years old....unchipped...broke my heart..when blood work came back positive for feline AIDS and Lukeamia ....at the advice of our vet we had fluffy put down....why don't people take care of their animals?

Edited by OSU

update on fluffy...it was a boy...unuttered...about 3-6 years old....un hipped.....broke my heart..when blood work came back positive for feline AIDS and Lukeamia ....at the advice of our vet we had fluffy put down....why don't people take care of their animals?

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm also sorry that you had to go through this heartbreak. God bless you for caring and take comfort in the fact he will not have to suffer. :cray:

• Like 1

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm also sorry that you had to go through this heartbreak. God bless you for caring and take comfort in the fact he will not have to suffer. :cray:

I'm sorry to hear this. It's terrible to see this happen to a beautiful animal.

thank you ...right now I am just so hurt and full of anger,it seems like animals just seem to find their way to my door and being an animal lover its hard to say no to them...I'm just glad we took him to the vet before someone with other pets might have took him. my first response was I wanted to rush him home and turn him out to at least live out his what ever remaining time..the I realized that I couldnt do that,as our neighborhood is full of cats running loose, and this would (if it has'nt already) spread to other cats.But it hurts to think he trusted me enough to take up with me a stranger to care for him...I just feel I let him down somehow....I sometimes wish I was a mean old lady who disliked animals and children...life would be so much easier...but so much less rewarding also

• Like 1

thank you ...right now I am just so hurt and full of anger,it seems like animals just seem to find their way to my door and being an animal lover its hard to say no to them...I'm just glad we took him to the vet before someone with other pets might have took him. my first response was I wanted to rush him home and turn him out to at least live out his what ever remaining time..the I realized that I couldnt do that,as our neighborhood is full of cats running loose, and this would (if it has'nt already) spread to other cats.But it hurts to think he trusted me enough to take up with me a stranger to care for him...I just feel I let him down somehow....I sometimes wish I was a mean old lady who disliked animals and children...life would be so much easier...but so much less rewarding also

When I had to put down Our first dog, Tanner, I was heartbroken; he was my buddy. My vet called it helping out a friend; which you did today. Even though the friendship was short, at least he knew you cared and showed him love.
  • Like 1

You are a sweet soul. The world needs more people like you.

I personally hate it when animals show up at my house because I can't not help them. I can't shut the door and just say oh well, not my problem. I know that I'm going to have to post it on the internet, make some signs, give it food and shelter if necessary. It hurts my heart and I worry so much about them, so I understand what you mean. You did more than most would have, you're awesome.

• Like 3