Paulding.com

FDA approves large-scale trials of ecstasy to treat PTSD

Typical, cause a problem and then start throwing a cornucopia of drugs at it. When I retired, my psych evaluation consisted of 15 with a doctor (I use that term loosely) and a script for valium which I wadded up and tossed. Now they intend to take (possibly) unstable persons and administer psychedelic drugs to make us "HAPPY". I can't remember the total formula for this crap but I do know that parts consist of cocaine and heroin. Yeah, let's take folks that are trained to kill, hop them up and give them "visions" and toss them into public with no feelings about what their actions cause or the out comes. Yeah, that should make for some good media coverage. I'm gonna stop now before I say something that'll get me in deep.

Edited by taz13
  • Like 3

MDMA is a psychoactive drug with serious side effects including brain damage, organ damage and failure and death.

It's not advised for medicinal use. It's strictly a recreational drug.

From the article posted above:

“It sends the message that this drug will help you solve your problems, when often it just creates problems,” Andrew Parrott, a psychologist at Swansea University in Wales, tells the Times. “This is a messy drug we know can do damage.”

There are so many serotonin producing drugs without using something as dangerous as MDMA which has such a high potential for abuse and overdose, including death.

I agree our Vets need treatment but not with MDMA.

I saw plenty of folks using MDA back in the seventies and it's a scary thing to see.

And it's illegal in most countries. It's a Schedule I in the US

The jet age is the major cause of PTSD along with the fact that killing is such a huge part of today's society. During WWI and WWII, when a soldier was released from service, there was a long boat ride with people who had the same stories. A time to "decompress" for lack of a better word. Then when they got home, they weren't bombarded with killings on every street corner and on every news broadcast. In most cases they didn't have time to sit around thinking about what they had been through, they had to go to work on the farm, or the house, or some other job just as soon as they were physically able. They had the "TIME" to get it out of their system to some extent, and then didn't have time to think about it. Beginning with the Korean Conflict it went from months to weeks to days before one was just thrown into a civilian life. From life and death, blood and guts every second of the day or night straight to being with family and friends who naturally expect you to just be the person you "used" to be. No one around to talk to, no one that really understands the things in your head and heart that you JUST CAN"T tell the folks that you care about and that care for you. Those that do understand don't talk, and those that think they do won't shut up. So you just sit there acting like you're A - OK every day, when all you really want to do is peal your damn skin off. The VA is a joke as every one knows, so all you do is every day you wake up, you come up with another reason why you don't kill your self or go looking for some one to kill. And that just covers the conscious times, when you're unconscious is when the ghost really come a calling. If I go into that, the guys with the butterfly nets will be hunt'n me, so I'll get off my soap box (for now). Keep finding those reasons.

Edited by taz13

Please, folks, read and think for a minute. These are trials. This is not an approval. This is a test of the drug's efficacy. The testing takes a long time and it may or may not be approved. This trial started over a year ago and is done by hghly trained people. Mistakes still happen and long term is an educated guess but let's not start saying "no" to something until the testing has been done.

• Like 1

Typical, cause a problem and then start throwing a cornucopia of drugs at it. When I retired, my psych evaluation consisted of 15 with a doctor (I use that term loosely) and a script for valium which I wadded up and tossed. Now they intend to take (possibly) unstable persons and administer psychedelic drugs to make us "HAPPY". I can't remember the total formula for this crap but I do know that parts consist of cocaine and heroin. Yeah, let's take folks that are trained to kill, hop them up and give them "visions" and toss them into public with no feelings about what their actions cause or the out comes. Yeah, that should make for some good media coverage. I'm gonna stop now before I say something that'll get me in deep.

You really don't know a lot about PTSD, do you?

The jet age is the major cause of PTSD along with the fact that killing is such a huge part of today's society. During WWI and WWII, when a soldier was released from service, there was a long boat ride with people who had the same stories. A time to "decompress" for lack of a better word. Then when they got home, they weren't bombarded with killings on every street corner and on every news broadcast. In most cases they didn't have time to sit around thinking about what they had been through, they had to go to work on the farm, or the house, or some other job just as soon as they were physically able. They had the "TIME" to get it out of their system to some extent, and then didn't have time to think about it. Beginning with the Korean Conflict it went from months to weeks to days before one was just thrown into a civilian life. From life and death, blood and guts every second of the day or night straight to being with family and friends who naturally expect you to just be the person you "used" to be. No one around to talk to, no one that really understands the things in your head and heart that you JUST CAN"T tell the folks that you care about and that care for you. Those that do understand don't talk, and those that think they do won't shut up. So you just sit there acting like you're A - OK every day, when all you really want to do is peal your damn skin off. The VA is a joke as every one knows, so all you do is every day you wake up, you come up with another reason why you don't kill your self or go looking for some one to kill. And that just covers the conscious times, when you're unconscious is when the ghost really come a calling. If I go into that, the guys with the butterfly nets will be hunt'n me, so I'll get off my soap box (for now). Keep finding those reasons.

I was correct; you really don't know much about PTSD.

Try having it for more than a decade and then tell me that! I'll tell you who knows nothing.. the doctors...the VA.. and mostly the folks that don't have to live with it or around it. My family still keeps their bedroom doors bared shut, just in case I have one of my "nightmares".

Try having it for more than a decade and then tell me that! I'll tell you who knows nothing.. the doctors...the VA.. and mostly the folks that don't have to live with it or around it. My family still keeps their bedroom doors bared shut, just in case I have one of my "nightmares".

Then you have other mental issues besides PTSD that you should seek help for. PTSD causes people to become depressed and withdrawn. It does not cause people to become violent. PTSD is the result of being a victim or witness to something horrific. It is not uncommon for people who were victims of sexual assault, violent crimes, horrific accidents, etc to have PTSD. In fact, recent studies show that 25 million people in this country suffer from PTSD; far more than the number of military veterans who had served in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

There are medications that help with PTSD. There are also medications such as Trazadone that help prevent nightmares for many who suffer from PTSD. Suicide is a huge problem for those who suffer from PTSD, as the depression can get that bad if untreated.

I don't know you personally (at least, I don't think I do) but I promise you that the medical community does know a lot about PTSD. If this is going on in your world, you need to come in and let's get some help. We can help but we can't if you don't let us.