Paulding.com

Quick Overnight Trip with kids

Last year for Christmas we gave our grandkids - 7 year old girls a trip to N GA and went to the Cabbage Patch hospital and spent the night in Helen. If I ask them now what we gave them for Christmas they can tell me and it is not in the bottom of a toy box long forgotten.

We would like to do something similar this year. We have considered the Huntsville Space Center. They have been to Chattanooga and Gatlinburg. Any ideas?

Callaway Gardens with a side trip to the Little White House. You'll like the Little White House better but if either of them like history, they will like it, too. Plus the grounds are pretty nice. And definitely Calloway Gardens.

I, however, would love to go to the Space Center. :give_rose:

Savannah

Gulf Shores or Destin

Dahlanaga (sp?) to visit the Gold Mines or Villa Rica has a gold mine too

I like the space center idea or Lake Lanier.

Hope you pick someone fun! Lots of memories to be made.

Enjoy!

Check out Chattanooga. We took the rug rat this past June and stayed in a rail car at the Choo Choo.

Rode the train, did Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, the aquarium and had a dinner boat ride.

They really dress up for Christmas.

Edited by lowrider
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the great ideas! I would love to take them to the ark in KY but it is just to far for an overnight trip. We generally take them in Jan so I am not to sure about it still being decorated for Christmas I will have to do some research!

• Like 1

How about far less driving? Get a Groupon pass for Pettit Creek Farms Christmas lights hayride. Go up that evening and enjoy that, stay in one the many nice hotels in Cartersville and spend the next day at Tellus Museum, and or the Booth Western Art Museum.

There are a lot of local things people seem to overlook. Look closer.

Hope you have a great time no matter where you go.

Time spent with family, is time well spent.

• Like 4

How about far less driving? Get a Groupon pass for Pettit Creek Farms Christmas lights hayride. Go up that evening and enjoy that, stay in one the many nice hotels in Cartersville and spend the next day at Tellus Museum, and or the Booth Western Art Museum.

There are a lot of local things people seem to overlook. Look closer.

Hope you have a great time no matter where you go.

Time spent with family, is time well spent.

Very good ideas. I would add how about renting a cabin at Redtop Mountain and visiting the same sites you named. Booth is a really nice museum I have always been impressed that we have a cultural site that nice that close to home.