Paulding.com

Lena Louise Beavers - October 8, 1924 - October 31, 2016

Mrs. Lena Louise Beavers, age 92, of Dallas went home to be with the Lord on Monday, October 31, 2016.

Lena was born on October 8, 1924 in Dallas to loving parents, the late Mr. Samuel Clifford Leggett and Mrs. Delia Baker Leggett. Lena married Hugh Beavers on July 29, 1945. She was a devoted mother, grandmother and great grandmother. In her spare time, she enjoyed cooking, sewing, and fishing. She especially loved making quilts for her family. A Christian, she loved the Lord and was a member of Pine Ridge Baptist Church and served with the Willing Workers there.

In addition to her parents, Lena is preceded in death by three brothers, Herbert Leggett, Homer Leggett, and J.D. Leggett.

Lena is survived by her husband of 71 years, Mr. Hugh Beavers of Dallas; four sons, Richard and Fran Beavers of Cartersville, Charles and Paula Beavers of Dallas, Lewis and Fonda Beavers of Dallas, and Phillip and Phyllis Beavers of Hiram; eight grandchildren, Terri and Dennis Underhill of Dallas, Bammie and Michael Whitaker of Hiram, John Beavers of Dallas, Misty and Stephen Weaver of Dallas, Adam Beavers of Dallas, and Amy and Jonathan Culpepper of Dallas, Kim and Bob Harrison of Woodstock, and Dan and Mandy Gastineau of Marietta; eleven great grandchildren, Tori and Joshua Moses of Villa Rica, Brooke Whitaker of Hiram, Sydney Weaver, Emma Weaver, Ryker Beavers, Allyn Beavers, Bryson Beavers, Hudson Beavers, Davis Culpepper all of Dallas, Bobby Harrison of Woodstock and Josie Gastineau of Marietta; two siblings, Max and Shirley Leggett of Dallas and Jeanette and Wendell Benson of Dallas. Several nieces and nephews and many other relatives and friends also survive.

Funeral services for Lena Louise Beavers will be held on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 11 AM at Pine Ridge Baptist Church with Rev. Scott Thomas and Rev. C.L. Powers officiating. Interment will follow in the church cemetery. John Beavers, Adam Beavers, Stephen Weaver, Michael Whitaker, Dennis Underhill, and Jonathan Culpepper will serve as pallbearers with the Deacons of Pine Ridge Baptist Church serving as honorary pallbearers.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 4-8 PM.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Pine Ridge Baptist Church Cemetery Fund.

Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home is honored to serve the family of Mrs. Lena Louise Beavers.

Rest In Peace, Mrs Lena, Rest In Peace. We shall meet again.............. Our Condolences go out to the Families. Mrs Lena and Papa Hugh, always had a special place in my heart. I just wish that I had taken the time to go visit with them, like I had been planning on doing but, never really found the time. I had thought of getting a gallon of Lemon aid from Chic-Fil-A and going to visit them. She was a Great Lady!!

This just goes to show, never put off until tomorrow, what you could or should do today!!! We were never promised tomorrow. Hug your family, tell them that you love them, go see them, mend all heart aches between you and ENJOY LIFE!!!

• Like 1