Paulding.com

The Sky Is Falling...

O.K., every body run quick, run fast! We have to pump all of the gas out of the station's tanks and into ours before some one else does!

For those that haven't herd yet, the C.P. pipeline in Alabama erupted in flames earlier this afternoon. So we all must rush to get all of the precious fluid we can before there isn't any left! Never mind the fact that there are months in supply in the tanks over at the farm. Never mind that the trucks can only haul so much, so fast. Go... Go...Go... hog it up quick! And while you're at it, might as well empty the stores of milk and bread just in case there's a snow storm before the gas starts flowing again!

O.K., every body run quick, run fast! We have to pump all of the gas out of the station's tanks and into ours before some one else does!

For those that haven't herd yet, the C.P. pipeline in Alabama erupted in flames earlier this afternoon. So we all must rush to get all of the precious fluid we can before there isn't any left! Never mind the fact that there are months in supply in the tanks over at the farm. Never mind that the trucks can only haul so much, so fast. Go... Go...Go... hog it up quick! And while you're at it, might as well empty the stores of milk and bread just in case there's a snow storm before the gas starts flowing again!

:good: :rofl: :rofl:

Well in my case I never even got a fill up since before the shortage last month. I tried to find some but not a drop of premium was to be found. Fortunately I usually stay at home.

• Like 1

From what I read it is about 1 mile from where the leak in September occurred. Either way I still need some as I have an emission's inspection that is due.

Final update tonight: The fire has been contained and officials are letting remaining fuel burn off. Know more tomorrow.

Isn't this one a natural gas explosion?

No one over there is saying whether it's natural gas or gas. But from the flames it looks like to me to be fuel gas, but then I've been wrong before. C.P. has shut down all of their lines in the area.

Edited by taz13

wouldn't this explosion affect people in the oppsite direction then us? i thought this one was fueling the other side of the state.. i may have mis read that... so don;t hold me to it.. lol

Both C.P. lines run from Texas, through Cobb Co.(Anderson Farm Rd. tank farm), all the way to New Jersey. But you're right it SHOULDN'T affect us but it will, the WSB "fear mongers" had some one out at gas stations in Cobb at 4:30 am but couldn't be bothered to send some one over Helena and get their facts right. All of the "chicken littles" out there will buy up every ounce of gas they can just because the media said that there might be a shortage.

On the sadder side, one of the crewmen injured in the blast has died over night at U.A.B. Medical.

I just got gas at the Ingles at NEBO.

There's only about 3 pumps left with gas.

It's begun.

Yea, the Kroger at Crossroads had people 3 deep for the pumps that were still running, still $2.17 and several pumps were bagged off.

Of course this happens the day after I've let the truck get down to under 1/8th of a tank. I can't stand waiting, so I went to the local station near Bentwater where it was 2.39 a gallon. No lines there LOL.

I noticed Buddy's had some of their pumps wrapped and the prices are up to $2.29 To $2.39. That's what I saw when I was out.

And I was on a 1/4 of a tank, otherwise I wouldn't have worried about it, but it looks like a repeat of September.

I am so glad that I work from home now and don't have to be worried with that!! I can fill my car up and it will last me 5 to 6 weeks!

Do you find it amazing how dirty your car gets when you rarely go anywhere in it?

I mean, my word! I work from home! It's in my driveway all day! How DOES it get so dirty??.

Do you find it amazing how dirty your car gets when you rarely go anywhere in it?

I mean, my word! I work from home! It's in my driveway all day! How DOES it get so dirty??.

I have wondered the same thing.... i may go somewere in my car 2x a month, and it sits under a carport. but i had to wash it the other day it was so dirty lol

• Like 1

From what I'm hearing on local news stations, the fear is not so much a lack of gasoline currently. but the effect on gas prices, right now that is... We filled up this morning just in case, who knows............I still have to drive to get to work, we have to be able to drive to get to the doctor, etc., etc.

Yes, the panic has already started, but I was going to have to get gas this morning even without this current news.

Saying that, stations are indeed starting to dry up.

• Like 1

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but at 4:30 am this morning wsb had their "fear monger" out at Cobb Co. gas stations stirring up the news, and 12 hours later they have Clark Howard saying "don't worry". Six weeks ago there was a "leak" and everyone went nuts, now there is an "explosion" and all's calm, so far. Have most folks really learned their lesson, or has wsb been spanked over their reporting / fear mongering , or both?

O.K. , I am truly grateful and glad that things are better, for now. And I feel for those hurt and killed in this explosion. The main point that I've been trying to push here is that most (90 percent) of gas that is stored in the U.S. is in the tanks of our cars and the trucks can only haul so much so fast. If every one gobble's up what little is in the station's tanks, then we all run out. There is plenty of gas in the tanks (Anderson Farm Rd.), the trucks just need the time to deliver it.