Paulding.com

I voted today !

I voted today also around 1pm!!

There were a lot of folks there to vote and a steady stream of more people coming in.

The poll workers had a great system set up and I only waited about 15 minutes.

It's exciting to see so many people getting out to vote and take advantage of the early voting!

The lady checking my ID said they were even busier yesterday.

I believe most people have made up their minds at this point as to who they are voting for and just want to vote, and get this election over already.

Edited by Blondiega1
  • Like 5

If people will read the Amendment questions and decide how to vote before they go it will speed things up. I think it will be an issue on November 8th if they try to stand in line and read them.

I don't understand how folks can go vote without doing their homework first. We all know these amendments are usually beneficial to politicians only.

When in doubt vote NO.

• Like 2

I don't understand how folks can go vote without doing their homework first. We all know these amendments are usually beneficial to politicians only.

When in doubt vote NO.

I am voting NO on all of them. Yes on Sunday sales and yes on the new Jail.

and GD said:

I'll clarify by saying that Trump just said exactly what CC said today about noon.

pubby

I doubt it, but you're doing what the Democrats always do and twist it to mean sonething else.

His real message is exactly what I posted above.

• Like 1

http://www.paulding.gov/index.aspx?NID=217

Advance Voting

Paulding County, GA

Absentee, Early & Advance Voting

Early Voting:

Early Voting is absentee voting that takes place only in the Elections & Voter Registration Office 21 days prior to a Primary, General, and Special Election. Voters cast their votes on a touch screen voting machine rather than a paper absentee ballot.

Hours

Early Voting will be held Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm only in our office 21 days out from the election until the Friday before Election Day. State law prohibits voting on the day before an election. This means no absentee ballots will be issued nor will there be any voting on machines.

Advance Voting:

Please be aware that the only difference between "Advance Voting" and "Early Voting" is that "Advance Voting" occurs the week prior to the election. During that week, 3 additional voting locations open up and hours are extended TO 6pm Monday-Friday of this week ONLY.

Locations

The following locations are open during the week prior to Election Day (See Runoff Exception below):

Paulding County Elections Office: Only location open 21 days prior to Election Day

240 Constitution Blvd.

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Mt. Tabor Park

1550 East Paulding Drive

Dallas, Georgia 30157

Poplar Springs Baptist Church

2056 Hiram Douglasville Hwy.

Hiram, Georgia 30141

Burnt Hickory Park

8650 Cartersville Highway

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Hours

Please note: These hours are ONLY for the week of Advance Voting. These hours DO NOT apply for runoff elections.

Day of the Week

Hours

Monday

8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

• Like 2

I think Mount Tabor Park is more closer to me than other locations. I will try to go by tomorrow.

I am afraid those hate groups like KKK, The Panther Party, etc. are going to get busy at election locations.

I don't know about the New Black Panther Party, but the old black panther party is not a hate group. I don't think you need to worry about them in Paulding.:D

The way I read it, Mt Tabor is for Advance voting one week before the election.

Right now you have to go to the courthouse for early voting.

You are correct. I read this the other day in order to let my husband know. Here is a link to the Paulding Calendar that gives the information for the locations, what days and times they will be open, etc. http://www.paulding.gov/calendar.aspx

He did not.

He said that he will leave us in suspence of whether he will accept the election results, or not, if Hillary wins. So, what do you think he will do?

Who cares whether he accepts the election results, or not? Will it be time for the Alt-Right to start shooting at Hillary?

He said that he will leave us in suspence of whether he will accept the election results, or not, if Hillary wins. So, what do you think he will do?

Who cares whether he accepts the election results, or not? Will it be time for the Alt-Right to start shooting at Hillary?

Remember the "Hanging Chads" in Florida? It was OK for Democrat candidate Al Gore to contest the election, and it will not be if we feel there's evidence of irregularities this time around? In my opinion some get upset with a straight answer instead of the politically correct answer. Really you think Hillary will not contest the election if she looses 1 key state by a few hundred votes? Get real "I'll look at it then" is a straight answer.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure there will be record numbers of voters this year. And the polls will likely be a nightmare on election day. Save yourself the hassle and go vote early.

It was like this in 1968 when I voted for the first time. There was no early or advance voting back then.

I stood in line for hours in Powder Springs in the cold and rain, but I got my vote in for Richard Nixon. Folks were sick of the democrats and the Viet Nam war.

Does any of it sound familiar?

In the election of 1964, incumbent Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson won the largest popular vote landslide in U.S. Presidential election history over Republican Barry Goldwater. During the presidential term that followed, Johnson was able to achieve many political successes, including the passage of the Great Society domestic programs (including "War on Poverty" legislation), landmark civil rights legislation, and the continued exploration of space. At the same time, however, the country endured large-scale race riots in the streets of its larger cities, along with a generational revolt of young people and violent debates over foreign policy. The emergence of the hippie countercultumre, the rise of New Left activism, and the emergence of the Black Power movement exacerbated social and cultural clashes between classes, generations, and races. Adding to the national crisis, on April 4, 1968, civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., was assassinated, igniting further mass rioting and chaos, including Washington, D.C., where there was rioting within just a few blocks of the White House and machine guns were stationed on the Capitol steps to protect it.

The most important reason for the precipitous decline of President Johnson's popularity was the Vietnam War, which he greatly escalated during his time in office. By late 1967, over 500,000 American soldiers were fighting in Vietnam. Draftees made up 42 percent of the military in Vietnam, but suffered 58% of the casualties as nearly 1000 Americans a month were killed and many more were injured. Johnson's position was particularly damaged when the national news media began to focus on the high costs and ambiguous results of escalation, despite his repeated efforts to downplay the seriousness of the situation.

In early January 1968, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara stated that the war would be winding down as the North Vietnamese were losing their will to fight, but shortly thereafter, they launched the Tet Offensive, in which the North Vietnamese and Communist Vietcong forces launched simultaneous attacks on all government strongholds in South Vietnam. Though a U.S. military victory, Tet led many Americans to ponder whether the war was winnable or worth it. In addition, voters felt they could not trust their government's assessment and reporting of the war effort. The Pentagon called for sending several hundred thousand more soldiers to Vietnam. Johnson's approval ratings fell below 35%, and the Secret Service refused to let the president make public appearances on the campuses of American colleges and universities, due to his extreme unpopularity among college students. The Secret Service also prevented Johnson from appearing at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, because it could not guarantee his safety from assassination.[5]

Edited by lowrider

Voted way down here in most southern Texas today. I have been researching the resolutions / candidates for some time. It took about 15-20 minutes. I was second in line upon arrival and 10 minutes would have been shaved off if the election worker had not just changed out the paper on the machine that printed out you 'serial number?' and decided to hit test print about 50 times. Well, that and the scanner didn't work on my driver's license so he had to enter the ID number manually. Didn't even glance at my voter registration so I assume that my TX D.L. reported that I was registered. All in all, not bad. I can see how some might be confused or intimidated by the "machine" that is used. The workers were handy and ready to help folks that needed it to navigate thru it all. Not sure how these compare with the current GA. booths.

Here it was:
present ID and registration
scan id or enter manually

receive 2 strip print outs with a 4 digit number (identical)
I signed one and the worker adhered both to a log book of sorts
proceed to both, vote and be on your way

Edit: forgot to add that here we can vote anywhere in the county. Once the ID is scanned and you enter the 4 digit code your applicable ballot (school district, etc.) is called up.

and my political comment of the evening: I see absolutely NO reason that voters should not be required to show an ID and that ID should be one that the state requires for driver's license, welfare, check cashing, etc. etc. My children have been enrolled in the same school district for 7 years and each year I have to prove residence. My vehicle registration does not suffice but a utility bill does. The district's reasoning is that I might own a vehicle that is registered at an address that I do not live. I pay utilities for a rental in a Dallas, GA house but I do not live there; can I vote in GA?

I have racked my limited brain to understand how the requirement to have an I.D. is voter suppression. At minimum you have to prove that you live in a district / precinct. How is that possible without identification? Please post a scenario that makes proof of registration and address possible without I.D.

Case here locally: voter walks in to polling station, presents a hand full of registration cards and asks which one he needed to use at this poll. Older news that has been in the courts so I am at liberty to say that I was on the grand jury for that case. The 'voter' had voted more than 10 times that day.

Edited by Revenoor
  • Like 1