Paulding.com

Checking in with the south Florida folks

To the people in south Florida (Miami and the Keys, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach), the panhandle is more like Alabama.

Those of us in the panhandle think of Tampa as being "south Florida". :good:

But then again, lot of people in Georgia think anything in Florida affects everything in Florida. And they think if you're in Florida, where I am (Pensacola) that you're close to Orlando. I'm not. My sister lives in Marietta, my brother in Sanford, FL (outside of Orlando). She is actually closer to our brother than I am but I live in the same state he does. She's not much closer, maybe 10 miles, but this fact took her by surprise.

To the people in south Florida (Miami and the Keys, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach), the panhandle is more like Alabama.

We are more like LA than FLA that's for sure. LOL Or maybe we are LLA (lower lower Alabama). If it weren't for the sign at the state line, you wouldn't be able to tell when you go into FL from AL. There are some businesses just in Escambia County, AL that have FL telephone numbers.

We had beautiful sunny skies all day yesterday in the Tampa-St. Pete area.

We had rain off and on. Already had rain today.

We are more like LA than FLA that's for sure. LOL Or maybe we are LLA (lower lower Alabama). If it weren't for the sign at the state line, you wouldn't be able to tell when you go into FL from AL. There are some businesses just in Escambia County, AL that have FL telephone numbers.

Clear and beautiful blue skies here today.

And then you have the Flora-Bama that is in both states!

It is interesting how relatively close Escambia County, AL and Escambia County, FL are. Then again, the do have a river in common, and the same tribal ancestors.

• Like 1

Yeah CC had to evacuate St George and he's in PCB fishing in the wind and rain LOL

LOOOOOONG WEEK!

After being evacuated... VERY, VERY BLESSED and THANKFUL to be home in

Paulding with sore fingers from CLEANUP (Fishing LOL) :angel:

Hurricane Hermine (BELOW)

14199702_10207136360234053_6450146788223

The DAY After.... with My SON :good:

14241549_10207136360594062_1850247822587

14238081_10207136360794067_2346999534045

• Like 5