Paulding.com

Charles made a lot of money in Paulding County but he did give back a lot in the years when his health allowed him. He was the big cheese in the county for a lot of years but really just a good ole boy with out much pretention and spoke to me every time I saw him out. RIP Mr. Hardy.

• Like 1

I've known them since I was a kid and lived over on Moon Road and Florence.

My mom was friends with his wife.

I remember when McGarrity school was built and I was on the PTA with Charles's daughters and they worked so hard getting the playground built and so many things for the new school. My kids went to school with their kids.

They were never pretentious and always willing to help.

Later in the years I used to run into Charles where the old Kroger was in Hiram and we always spent a few minutes catching up.

He had a plan for his life and family and he did a great job as a provider and volunteer.

A friend of my father's before any of us kids were born, even before they worked at the cabinet shop together. No matter when or where I ran into him, he always had time to talk. This community is gonna miss a man like Mr. Hardy, men like him are few and far between. I've never used the phrase "A pillar of the community" to describe any one man before, but in this case it truly fits. This county wouldn't be what it is today with out him. At least He's at peace now.

Edited by taz13
  • Like 2

Wife and I went to the visitation tonight, The line was about 2 hours long.

When a man has owned a high-profile business in a smaller town for that long and the community still loves him; that says a whole lot about what kind of man he was.

R.I.P. Charles Hardy

• Like 4