Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

Paulding County Police save toddlers from hot car

Paulding County Police were called to the parking lot of Five Below in reference to three toddlers locked inside an unattended vehicle.

Three male children, ages two and four (twins), were found over the weekend inside a non-running silver Toyota car with the windows rolled up. Police say it was obvious that the children were distressed and sweating profusely. After attempting to get the vehicle open, Officer Stephen Johnston successfully talked one of the children into opening the door. Authorities took the children out of the car and provided them with bottles of water.

The mother, 39-year-old Loletha Stallworth of Powder Springs, eventually emerged from the store claiming she was only inside for a few minutes purchasing a gift. She was arrested and booked into the Paulding County Adult Detention Center on accounts of Cruelty to Children 2nd degree and three counts of child restraint violations since none of the children were in car seats.

The kids were turned over to their father who responded and arrived to the scene.

Police say the temperature outside at the time was 88 degrees. The car's temperature was 101.3 degrees.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/32810945/paulding-county-police-save-toddlers-from-hot-car#ixzz4I4f1rNG9

woman.jpg

dumba$$ <_>

This story reminds me of a line from a Cosby routine where he said to one of his kids, something like "Don't mess with me. I can make another one that looks just like you."

Glad someone got involved and called the police. So sad, a mother is supposed to protect her kids and keep them safe. Poor, sweet babies. :( Great job, Hiram PD!

Somehow if someone had time to notice the kids, call the police, they get there, attempt to open the door and then talk a 4 year old into opening the door, it was longer than a "few" minutes, besides, there is no "few" minutes in a closed in car in a Georgia Summer.

Good Job guys!!

• Like 4

Somehow if someone had time to notice the kids, call the police, they get there, attempt to open the door and then talk a 4 year old into opening the door, it was longer than a "few" minutes, besides, there is no "few" minutes in a closed in car in a Georgia Summer.

Good Job guys!!

i was thinking the same thing when i read it...

Great job Officer Johnston. I'm assuming he kept a cool head and helped the child to realize he was there to help. Hopefully all kids who are not blessed to have wise parents encounter Angels like Officer Johnston in their time of need.

• Like 2

Until these sorry excuses for parents are punished, this will just continue to happen. It's just an easy way to get rid of kids that they don't want because there are no consequences when it happens. Thank goodness someone called the police and they got there quickly.

• Like 1