Paulding.com

Trump not happy debates up against NFL

WASHINGTON (AP) Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he doesn't like going up against NFL games when he debates Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton this fall and that the football league complained to him about the debate schedule in a letter.

In an interview with ABC's Sunday show "This Week," Trump was asked if he would accept the commission's schedule. He replied: "Well, I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, `This is ridiculous. Why are the debates against' - `cause the NFL doesn't wanna go against the debates. `Cause the debates are gonna be pretty massive, from what I understand, OK?"

Asked about Trump's assertion, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted: "While we'd obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr Trump." :pardon:

http://www.brproud.com/sports/football/trump-not-happy-debates-up-against-nfl

Trump not happy debates up against NFL

WASHINGTON (AP) Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he doesn't like going up against NFL games when he debates Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton this fall and that the football league complained to him about the debate schedule in a letter.

In an interview with ABC's Sunday show "This Week," Trump was asked if he would accept the commission's schedule. He replied: "Well, I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, `This is ridiculous. Why are the debates against' - `cause the NFL doesn't wanna go against the debates. `Cause the debates are gonna be pretty massive, from what I understand, OK?"

Asked about Trump's assertion, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted: "While we'd obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr Trump." :pardon:

http://www.brproud.com/sports/football/trump-not-happy-debates-up-against-nfl

They said they didn't send a letter to Trump but they didn't deny that they may have sent a letter to his campaign or the GOP leaders or even the debate officials.

They said they didn't send a letter to Trump but they didn't deny that they may have sent a letter to his campaign or the GOP leaders or even the debate officials.

Just another wrong statement made by Trump. Seems he is a habitual misstater.

"That’s a long way from an official effort to get the debates moved that was reduced to writing, printed on NFL letterhead, and signed by Roger Goodell or some other high-level league executive."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/31/trump-retreats-from-claim-that-nfl-sent-letter-regarding-debates/

That's right, they also didn't deny that Trump will be next year's quarterback for the New England Patriots.