Paulding.com

Tree Work done. So disappointed.

I have used and recommended a local tree service many times. They did work for me yesterday and I am absolutely sick about the mess that they made. I have seen tornadoes do neater work.

They left their trash in the yard, cigarette butts and destroyed plants, bushes, my lawn, my neighbor's bushes, and were so unprofessional to me and my neighbors.

It is no longer the original man doing or overseeing the work.

I am just sick about the mess and destruction, but do not want them back on my property.

Live & learn, but if you are considering tree work you may want some info.

I have paid them a lot more than I was quoted by others, but I trusted them to do a good job. Like I said, they had done beautiful work for me in the past.

UGH!! Thanks for letting me vent, again.

I would have them back out there and have a list for them when they got there. I would be out there checking off my list.

If they did not want to do it that way, I would post whom it was.

• Like 2

who was the tree company? my aunt used someone out of douglasville.. and they were wonderful..... cleaned up after them selves, did not break anything or tear up anything..

Kind of like a local one I used about 3 years ago. Had several big oaks with huge limbs over the house. Had them remove about 8-10 limbs which some were about 14" + at the base. Constantly hearing something landing on the house instead of catching or diverting some how. Asked them not to drive over water line to house it had been broken and repaired with coupling. Showed them where it was. Drove bobcat loader back and forth over it. Had outdoor clothesline, broke 1 end (pressure treated 4X4). dismissed as probably rotten (definitely not). Scraped about 2 sq. ft of bark off sugar maple.Left drink cups around, sawdust allover sidewalk. Took two days. In parting, comment, "should have charged more because of amount to haul off".

. Had 2 BIG oaks removed last year. Called ACE in Marietta. arrived 9:30am, left 5:30 pm. only evidence they or the trees had been there was the chips from the stump grinding.

Wish I had a solution but unfortunately anymore we have to be hyper diligent when we deal with any kind of workmen. Of course you have a few options but please think long and hard before waging an Internet war. My thought is it wont be worth the stress. Contact the BBB and see if they are members?

Good luck, I know it's a mess. :(

• Like 1

Wish I had a solution but unfortunately anymore we have to be hyper diligent when we deal with any kind of workmen. Of course you have a few options but please think long and hard before waging an Internet war. My thought is it wont be worth the stress. Contact the BBB and see if they are members?

Good luck, I know it's a mess. :(

I was not the one that hired them this time. I should have sent them packing for blocking my driveway and garages all weekend and until Tuesday evening.

I did contact BBB. They are not a member but let me file a review, and said they would contact them. I have thought about this a lot and am going to ask that they refund a portion of my payment.

I was not the one that hired them this time. I should have sent them packing for blocking my driveway and garages all weekend and until Tuesday evening.

I did contact BBB. They are not a member but let me file a review, and said they would contact them. I have thought about this a lot and am going to ask that they refund a portion of my payment.

sounds like a plan...

Like LR said, sounds like a plan. I hope they do the right thing by you.

Post a review at AngiesList. They changed, s now it's free to join with a basic membership. there are premium memberships, but you don't have to pay to see and post reviews.

I type SLOW...

1st. I am SORRY that you are having to deal with this!

This is why having a INSURANCE AGENT that lives in your community is so important!!!

as YOUR Insurance Agent, I would call and Verify current coverage and request

certificate of such on your behalf. :good:

If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to call :wub:

• Like 1

I don't know how much money you are out of.

You should google them and check their internet listings.

Give an honest review. Service means different things to different people. Some people are looking for the lowest price and accept some of the issues you have with the service, that is why I say don't exaggerate.

On the other hand if they charge a premium then people looking at them deserve to know what they will get for their money.

Tree cutting is expensive and rightfully so, as it is very dangerous their insurance is high so the rates are high. I understand that and expect to pay.

• Like 1

Well, final answer is they do not care. They will not refund any of the payment to cover all the damage. They did not trim all that they were supposed to, and have said the last mumbled words I have to hear from them.

Now I will say Extreme Tree Worx is no longer a company I will ever use, or recommend again.

Jason Crowe is letting his son & a group of thugs to do his work, and they are not a company you want to know where you live.

I feel the safest thing to do, is let them be.

I do not want any more contact with them & sure don't want them back around my home or neighbors.

Well, final answer is they do not care. They will not refund any of the payment to cover all the damage. They did not trim all that they were supposed to, and have said the last mumbled words I have to hear from them.

Now I will say Extreme Tree Worx is no longer a company I will ever use, or recommend again.

Jason Crowe is letting his son & a group of thugs to do his work, and they are not a company you want to know where you live.

I do not want any more contact with them & sure don't want them back around my home or neighbors.

That is a shame. I know Jason and have had him do tree work at my house, albeit quite a few years back.

I did, but he is having so many health problems he is not even able to look at what they did, and did not do.

He made the final decision based on what his workers told him. I know he would like to think it was not as bad as I told him, but it was.

I know Jason has a lot on his plate, and is trying to do a lot of good things, but this was so very wrong.

He had done such good work, it makes me wonder what happened. His son did not get any of Jason's work ethic.

I have pictures of most of it, so I will always have my proof, if it is ever questioned.

I hate to see the new generation destroy what the first generation built.

But it is not the same company anymore.

• Like 2

Nothing really surprises me any longer when it comes to service from anyone. For most companies advertising "great service guaranteed" via a truck wrap decal is often cheaper than providing said service.

I've had some pretty underwhelming to nearly negligent service from two different well known local companies here in Paulding alone where I'd never recommend them to anyone, yet they're always the first to be recommended in any conversation around these parts. In one of the cases I was friends with the owner who sold his share to his new, monied, partner right before I recommended them for a job. The new owner didn't know I knew the original owner and I called them out on the BS job they did and was told by the new owner the he DGAF of what I thought about how bad they screwed up. IF I had been the one writing the check on that one.. well they wouldn't have been paid.

Second one was a personal job that was paid out in thirds. One third to start, one when almost done, the last when done which I withheld because frankly the job was done badly by subs they hired out instead of using their own guys unlike what I was told. Instead of offering to make it right I was threatened with court/garnish/liens because they refused to come out and fix a half-assed job, which I offered to pay MORE for if they'd do so. NOPE just threaten me to pay for an entire poopshow of a job and leave unused materials out on my driveway for over a month for which instead of picking up or taking along with they wanted to charge me for as well and wasn't part of the deal. The guy overseeing the job way over estimated the materials and I was told any unused would be picked up and taken off my final bill, which they then wanted to say "not our materials, and me leaving them out damaged them".. After being threatened to pay, which again I would have readily done so if they fixed the job, I faxed over the number for my lawyer upon which they changed their tune, materials were gotten off my driveway (which was blocking it and I'm not moving 5 pallets of materials myself, too freaking old), I was given partial credit, and we settled on a very reduced final bill, and I had someone else come out and fix their F ups.

Oh and as a final anecdote, my mother had some tree guy out to give her a quote a few years back, the guy/owner kept my mom (who is old and frail) out in the heat cause he wanted to talk about Jesus and Pray with her. Then he proceeded to offer her a "christian" price that was 3x more than any other quote she got, when she called him out on that, he pretty much called her a sinful heathen of a woman and hoped she went to hell.. WTF is wrong with people??

I hate that I'm getting too old to DIY everything myself these days, but sometimes the anxiety of trying to find someone decent to do work is more of a hassle than trying to kill myself trying to do it own my own.

• Like 1

Good people, who take time to do a job well, are hard to find. I think people are tought greed in school. It seems that colleges teach more taking of roialties than they do giving of services.

I have listened to a lot of opinions about work people tell you they do, but they seem to be deceiving themselves more than they deceive me.

leonardodavinci383004.jpg

Edited by The Postman

I am sorry they did not work with you..... I have never used Jason or his tree company, and now I know for sure I will never use them.

We tried to get Jason to give us a quote on a tree removal about 2 years ago and never could get them out here. I'm glad now that we didn't. The tree we were concerned about was a double trunk 80 foot pine that lightning hit. It finally started showing signs of dying about 3 weeks ago. We called Patti's Tree Service in Villa Rica. She is on Angie's List and has a ton of great reviews. One of our friends used her a few years ago and was singing her praises, too. Anyway, the quote she gave us was half of what other companies quoted. She and her crew came out yesterday, took down the tree and cleaned up all in less than 4 hours. Did a great job! We'll definitely use her again!!

• Like 1

I hate to hear that...

We tried to get Jason to give us a quote on a tree removal about 2 years ago and never could get them out here. I'm glad now that we didn't. The tree we were concerned about was a double trunk 80 foot pine that lightning hit. It finally started showing signs of dying about 3 weeks ago. We called Patti's Tree Service in Villa Rica. She is on Angie's List and has a ton of great reviews. One of our friends used her a few years ago and was singing her praises, too. Anyway, the quote she gave us was half of what other companies quoted. She and her crew came out yesterday, took down the tree and cleaned up all in less than 4 hours. Did a great job! We'll definitely use her again!!

I need about 4 very difficult trees removed.

I would love to hear more about great companies who provide great service in this area.

When I say difficult, I mean difficult. These trees cannot just be dropped, they need surgical precision removal.

:good:

Oh i used to have a tree guy, young fella, like to free climb sheer cliffs, rappelling, caving, etc.. knew his stuff.

It was like a magic to see him come take down a tree with "surgical precision", ropes going everywhere, pulleys, a guy on the ground in harness with him up in the tree in harness, had everything roped to the point that they'd slice off a limb (tree limb), and both would lower it down to within a half inch of touching the house. It took them awhile to setup, and once they did, it was amazing to watch.

Only problem was he wasn't cheap, and he's since moved away to Tennessee and now runs his own climbing company for Xtreme sports enthusiasts. He's who I used at my moms home in the reference above.

So, yeah I have some major projects to tackle around here myself, but with this heat.. maybe not going to happen this summer, but I'm very gunshy of calling someone I don't know anymore to come do work.

I need about 4 very difficult trees removed.

I would love to hear more about great companies who provide great service in this area.

When I say difficult, I mean difficult. These trees cannot just be dropped, they need surgical precision removal.

:good:

Patti specializes in dangerous trees. Give her a call. You can check out her website at pattistreeservice.com.

• Like 1