Paulding.com

Will Pence serve as POTUS ?

Winning seems to be Trump's only goal after that everything else can be handled by his VP.

So Now We Have Stone Cold Proof Trump Doesn't Want to Be President

One day this past May, Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was "really not prepared to be president of the United States," and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history? When Kasich's adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father's vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy. Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of? "Making America great again" was the casual reply.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/now-stone-cold-proof-trump-163241983.html

Let me ask you this, smokediver.

In another topic, I offered to bet you giving you 1000:1 odds on a penny bet (your ante - I think you're good for it) that you would be sorely disappointed in Trump assuming, of course, he wins.

If he were to take the 'ceremonial job' as suggested in the above bit, would that even disappoint you? ... or do you think it is cool?

pubby

This article in the Guardian explains:

In a 2009 essay called The Education of a Libertarian, Thiel declared that capitalism and democracy had become incompatible. Since 1920, he argued, the creation of the welfare state and “the extension of the franchise to women” had made the American political system more responsive to more people – and therefore more hostile to capitalism. Capitalism is not “popular with the crowd”, Thiel observed, and this means that as democracy expands, the masses demand greater concessions from capitalists in the form of redistribution and regulation.

The solution was obvious: less democracy. But in 2009, Thiel despaired of achieving this goal within the realm of politics. How could you possibly build a successful political movement for less democracy?

Fast forward two years, when the country was still slowly digging its way out of the financial crisis. In 2011, Thiel told George Packer that the mood of emergency made him “weirdly hopeful”. The “failure of the establishment” had become too obvious to ignore, and this created an opportunity for something radically new, “something outside the establishment”, to take root.

Now, in 2016, Thiel has finally found a politician capable of seizing that opportunity: a disruptor-in-chief who will destroy a dying system and build a better one in its place. Trump isn’t just a flamethrower for torching a rotten establishment, however – he’s the fulfillment of Thiel’s desire to build a successful political movement for less democracy.

A Trump administration would diminish democracy, lending credibility to white supremacy and ultranationalism

Trump is openly campaigning on the idea that American democracy should belong to fewer people. When he talks about deporting 11m immigrants, or promises to build a database of Muslim Americans, or praises FDR’s internment of Japanese Americans during the second world war, or encourages violence against black protesters at his rallies, he’s making an argument about who counts as an American (native-born whites) and who doesn’t (everyone else). “Real” Americans get to enjoy the rights and privileges of citizenship; racial outsiders and internal enemies do not.

This is certainly racist, and possibly fascist. It’s also profoundly anti-democratic. It’s debatable how many of Trump’s campaign promises he could actually fulfill if elected, and how many he would even want to. But one indisputable effect of a Trump administration would be to diminish American democracy by lending credibility and resources to the forces of white supremacy and ultranationalism.

I'm afraid the right is being led to a very, very dark place by people who seek to bring about the dystopian future of a Dick novel where the few so fully dominate society as to relegate the balance of mankind to slavery.

pubby

Winning seems to be Trump's only goal after that everything else can be handled by his VP.

So Now We Have Stone Cold Proof Trump Doesn't Want to Be President

One day this past May, Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was "really not prepared to be president of the United States," and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history? When Kasich's adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father's vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy. Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of? "Making America great again" was the casual reply.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/now-stone-cold-proof-trump-163241983.html

This should not be taken lightly.

Sounds like a story the National Inquirer would run, especially the part " But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named)"

it should be taken as desperate democratic propaganda - the Dems are afraid of Trump. The Kasich camp is butt hurt and hate Trump. Consider the source. Nothing to see here. Move along little sheep. Edited by sm0kediver

it should be taken as desperate democratic propaganda - the Dems are afraid of Trump. The Kasich camp is butt hurt and hate Trump. Consider the source. Nothing to see here. Move along little sheep.

Starting to think when Trump said he could murder someone and people would still support him he was talking about people like you.

• Like 3

Sounds like a story the National Inquirer would run, especially the part " But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named)"

I'll look into it more.

it should be taken as desperate democratic propaganda - the Dems are afraid of Trump. The Kasich camp is butt hurt and hate Trump. Consider the source. Nothing to see here. Move along little sheep.

Kiss my arse little bully.

Starting to think when Trump said he could murder someone and people would still support him he was talking about people like you.

I'm just not drinking the kool aid that's served up by the media these days. They're afraid of him too. He's a major threat to the la la land we live in these days. It's not up to me. I just get one vote. But there are many out there just like me. And November is coming :)
  • Like 1

I'm just not drinking the kool aid that's served up by the media these days. They're afraid of him too. He's a major threat to the la la land we live in these days. It's not up to me. I just get one vote. But there are many out there just like me. And November is coming :)

That is of course your right, it is as they say a free country. But when you and by you I mean everyone else that choose to blatantly dismiss the so called media, people that knew him, worked with him even his own past documented history as nothing more than a grand conspiracy then you're not just drinking kool aid, you're brainwashed. I know the choices stink I was a cash donating enthusiastic Bernie Sanders supporter but, if it comes down to Clinton and a out and out psychopath my choice is clear. :)

• Like 1

Yes, the media makes up stuff and does their best to promote the liberal agenda. However, Trump makes their job VERY easy with all the stupid stuff he says. It doesn't take much media manipulation to simply show video of him saying something stupid.

• Like 2

Here is a blog of a 30-year Republican - a former Texan - whose domain is http://www.goplifer.com and who resigned because of his estimation of Donald Trump. From his letter of resignation.

...snip ...

From his fairy-tale wall to his schoolyard bullying and his flirtation with violent racists, Donald Trump offers America a singular narrative – a tale of cowards. Fearful people, convinced of our inadequacy, trembling before a world alight with imaginary threats, crave a demagogue. Neither party has ever elevated to this level a more toxic figure, one that calls forth the darkest elements of our national character.

... snip ...

There is no redemption in being one of the “good Nazis.”

I hereby resign my position as a York Township Republican committeeman. My thirty-year tenure as a Republican is over.

Are you really suggesting this guy is passing around the kool aid because he's the media?

Are you really oblivious to the narrative inherent in his rhetoric that we are all cowards. Fearful people, convinced of our inadequacy, trembling before a world alight with imaginary threats and craveing a 'strong man' demagogue to fight for us and replace our timid voices.

Come on... get friggin real.

pubby

Sounds like a story the National Inquirer would run, especially the part " But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named)" [/size]

The advisor was John Weaver. Bottom line for me is - who has a better history of not making stuff up.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/28/john-kasich-trolls-donald-trump-touting-a-trump-putin-ticket/