Paulding.com

More Leggett Improprieties?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why is there a photo of Robbie and LeeAnne on a campaign ad? do they have permission to use thier photo? this really pisses me off..   I have really tried to not comment on alot of this but it

I think it is time to drop all this mess and move forward.

I do not think Whitey has thrown his friends over board, *my opinion* on Whitey is that he is still standing were he was standing years ago... *No Airport* that has and still is Whitey's goal.. he has

Posted Images

Whitey, you will regret throwing your friends overboard just for an election one day. It is so not worth it. Trust me on this cause I know.

I do not think Whitey has thrown his friends over board, *my opinion* on Whitey is that he is still standing were he was standing years ago... *No Airport* that has and still is Whitey's goal.. he has not waviered in that.

However I have seen some of his friends who started out *No Airport* turn it in to more of a *Vote for RL* the Stop paulding airport Expansion is about voting for RL... and bashing DC.. not much on there at all about stopping the airport expansion

I also have noticed that on other fb pages that are suppose to be about one thing and it has turned in to vote RL.. Bash DC. .

When Whitey was standing alone on here because of his views on the airport... he still stood.. he has not backed down from anyone or anything when it comes to the airport.

What a lot of people do not realize is the court will determine if there will be an airport or not... RL & DC can say what they want about the airport..One of them will win Tuesday, I am not sure which one it will be.. but one thing is for sure.... Whitey although at times has stood alone, he has stood his ground and been consistant on the NO Airport* and sometimes you have to go with your *own*convictions and not follow the crowd. I can say Whitey has done just that.. and for that I admire him, and respect him. :)

• Like 5

Here is a post on face book about an ad that was posted yesterday..... This is the type crap that is being posted to support Roger Leggett.

News Junkie friends to not censor friends from speaking there true convictions just to elect a good ole boy to a chairman job

Roger Leggett could not even run a post commissioners job and was ran out of office after one full term, Please tell me how he can run the Chairman's Job ???

Here is the type of ads he is running please tell me how he is going to unify the County with these lies ??https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.coggins.1

Roger Leggett is not good for Paulding county

Whitey, you will regret throwing your friends overboard just for an election one day. It is so not worth it. Trust me on this cause I know.

Friends do not censor their friends to silence them from expressing there opinions about political candidates.

One of the most basic things about P.COM is there is no censorship .

One of the rules of our group was no censorship!!!!! We all agreed to that!!!! I have been censored by the group. I can only guess it was a decision made by the entire group. I will leave you with this thought.

What would you do if the Women's Republican Party of Paulding County told you that you could not voice your opinion about the candidate of your choice?

There is two right's that I hold near and dear to my heart, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, No one or no organization is going to take those two rights away from me, and I bet my money that you feel the same way.

Whitey, you do realize that a vote for Dave offsets a vote from one of Leggett's loonies?

If Leggett wins by one vote, this is gonna be ALL on you. :rofl:

LMAO!!

Friends do not censor their friends to silence them from expressing there opinions about political candidates.

One of the rules of our group was no censorship!!!!! We all agreed to that!!!! I have been censored by the group. I can only guess it was a decision made by the entire group. I will leave you with this thought.

What would you do if the Women's Republican Party of Paulding County told you that you could not voice your opinion about the candidate of your choice?

There is two right's that I hold near and dear to my heart, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, No one or no organization is going to take those two rights away from me, and I bet my money that you feel the same way.

LMAO!!

No censorship on P.com ? ? ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 3

Whitey, you do realize that a vote for Dave offsets a vote from one of Leggett's loonies?

If Leggett wins by one vote, this is gonna be ALL on you. :rofl:

Oh Lawd..... no pressure Whitey....is what Glassdogs is trying to say :rofl:

• Like 1

I support Dave because I think he's the best man to lead our county forward.

I've got friends who agree with me and I've got friends who like Roger.

I support Trump because I think he's the best man to lead our country forward.

I've got friends who agree with me and I've got friends who like Hillary.

I've got a very, very, very small group of former friends who thought they could bully me into supporting their candidate.

Heck I've even got a friend who doesn't support either my candidate or the other candidate.

That's OK because he accepts me the way I am.

True friendships last thru disagreements.

• Like 1

I support Dave because I think he's the best man to lead our county forward.

I've got friends who agree with me and I've got friends who like Roger.

I support Trump because I think he's the best man to lead our country forward.

I've got friends who agree with me and I've got friends who like Hillary.

I've got a very, very, very small group of former friends who thought they could bully me into supporting their candidate.

Heck I've even got a friend who doesn't support either my candidate or the other candidate.

That's OK because he accepts me the way I am.

True friendships last thru disagreements.

Some actions are unforgivable. Carmichael's underhanded, despicable actions forces me to vote vote against him, no matter how qualified he is. In my book, qualifications do not trump morals. The most despicable thing he did was vote for the IGA which was his way of nullifying the will of the voters who spoke in the past election. If he is willing to spit in the voters faces, he is willing to do anything. There will be no peace and unity in Paulding until ALL the bad actors in the commercialization debacle are GONE. If you think otherwise you are dreaming. A vote for Carmichael is a vote condoning and approving those actions and the man behind them.

• Like 3

Considering the first vote Leggett ever had in office he didn't listen to the people and voted against their wishes I can never vote for him. That vote against the people's wishes ended up in court where the vote was overturned for the people. He has done nothing to convince me that "Roger Listens." As Whitey says, he is a GOB. Most likely the most GOB of GOBs in the past 20+ years.

All of that before I even get started on his staged videos with trumped of voter forums and meeting with the citizens. If you listen and watch closely, its some of the same individuals asking questions in every video. Then there is the total lack of leadership experience.

• Like 2

I do not think Whitey has thrown his friends over board, *my opinion* on Whitey is that he is still standing were he was standing years ago... *No Airport* that has and still is Whitey's goal.. he has not waviered in that.

However I have seen some of his friends who started out *No Airport* turn it in to more of a *Vote for RL* the Stop paulding airport Expansion is about voting for RL... and bashing DC.. not much on there at all about stopping the airport expansion

I also have noticed that on other fb pages that are suppose to be about one thing and it has turned in to vote RL.. Bash DC. .

When Whitey was standing alone on here because of his views on the airport... he still stood.. he has not backed down from anyone or anything when it comes to the airport.

What a lot of people do not realize is the court will determine if there will be an airport or not... RL & DC can say what they want about the airport..One of them will win Tuesday, I am not sure which one it will be.. but one thing is for sure.... Whitey although at times has stood alone, he has stood his ground and been consistant on the NO Airport* and sometimes you have to go with your *own*convictions and not follow the crowd. I can say Whitey has done just that.. and for that I admire him, and respect him. :)

Don't think I ever said he has changed positions on the AP. I said bashing folks who were your friends is not worth it. I stand by that. On some FB pages all voices are heard. Not so on others.

• Like 1

Paulding County deserves so much better than Roger Leggett. In my opinion, not only would he be a huge liability for Paulding County if elected (see below link), he simply does not have the skills, the honor and the integrity to run our wonderful county.

http://paulding.com/forum/topic/319105-open-records-request-is-adventure-in-wonderland/

Don't think I ever said he has changed positions on the AP. I said bashing folks who were your friends is not worth it. I stand by that.

LMAO!!

Guess you have not heard that I left the GOP. Can't compromise my principles for the candidate this time. Love the Women and they would never try to stop me from voicing my opinion. Never.

Some actions are unforgivable. Carmichael's underhanded, despicable actions forces me to vote vote against him, no matter how qualified he is. In my book, qualifications do not trump morals. The most despicable thing he did was vote for the IGA which was his way of nullifying the will of the voters who spoke in the past election. If he is willing to spit in the voters faces, he is willing to do anything. There will be no peace and unity in Paulding until ALL the bad actors in the commercialization debacle are GONE. If you think otherwise you are dreaming. A vote for Carmichael is a vote condoning and approving those actions and the man behind them.

So I'm assuming you would make it impossible for us to enjoy coffee and stay away from political discussions.

Don't think I ever said he has changed positions on the AP. I said bashing folks who were your friends is not worth it. I stand by that. On some FB pages all voices are heard. Not so on others.

I was banned from the Wake Up page for simply

pointing out that the administrator is anonymous.

8)

• Like 1

I was banned from the Wake Up page for simply

pointing out that the administrator is anonymous.

8)

I was banned from the Support Page for suggesting the administrator might be a little paranoid because he thought someone took his picture at a PTA meeting, when I had smiled and waved at a camera in the Court House Admin building about the same time.

As the person that has made almost every meeting, rally, fund raiser or any other event that Roger Leggett has attended, you are considered to be the Head Campaign manager of the Roger Leggett campaign.

Whitey do you remember this post...

tundra

Icon

• photo-thumb-46011.jpg?_r=1409663371
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

WHITEY, on 30 Mar 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:snapback.png

Jerrry was at his fund raiser!!!

Yes, he was. In fact I was the one that told you that, you know I would never lie to you. I ate lunch at the same table with Jerry at a meeting last week. Doesn't mean a thing. Jerry is NOT Roger's campaign manager. In fact, I know his campaign manager very well. He's young, smart, and a political science major at University of West Georgia. He's really thinking about going to law school.

Edited by tundra, 30 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

• Like 2

Whitey do you remember this post...

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

WHITEY, on 30 Mar 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes, he was. In fact I was the one that told you that, you know I would never lie to you. I ate lunch at the same table with Jerry at a meeting last week. Doesn't mean a thing. Jerry is NOT Roger's campaign manager. In fact, I know his campaign manager very well. He's young, smart, and a political science major at University of West Georgia. He's really thinking about going to law school.

Edited by tundra, 30 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

I can't help but wonder if he had it to do over again would Mr. Leggett do things differently?

<p>Whitey do you remember this post... tundra

Icon

• Members

• 3,276 posts
Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:17 PMWHITEY, on 30 Mar 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:snapback.pngYes, he was. In fact I was the one that told you that, you know I would never lie to you. I ate lunch at the same table with Jerry at a meeting last week. Doesn't mean a thing. Jerry is NOT Roger's campaign manager. In fact, I know his campaign manager very well. He's young, smart, and a political science major at University of West Georgia. He's really thinking about going to law school.Edited by tundra, 30 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

I'm not very good on computers. This actually isn't the Facebook messaged I wanted to post. There's another one where Mr. Leggett sings Tundra's praises (on Facebook) for leading his campaign. Pcom will not let me post that one. I keep getting a message the file is too big. Maybe someone else will post it.

post-16766-0-60893300-1469789044_thumb.png

Edited by mojo413

I case y'all didn't notice, I wasn't running for office. And yes, Roger's original campaign manager had to step back because of a possible employment situation. I regret nothing, I didn't try to destroy a good man with lies. You get to live with that. We never mentioned the damaged propeller.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone can be upset about $400,000 in legal fees, for a project that was passed by Planning and Zoning, but not upset about a $500,000 crash truck, a $3.6 million dollar bond we have to pay, a bond for the water tank and sewers, and no telling how much in legal fees for a project the county clearly rejected. Then you vote for the guy that cost the taxpayers all that and more. SMH

Some people are just more concerned about getting their way than trying to run a good campaign. Those tax increases, the one's on your bill now. You can thank Carmichael for them.

• Like 2

I case y'all didn't notice, I wasn't running for office. And yes, Roger's original campaign manager had to step back because of a possible employment situation. I regret nothing, I didn't try to destroy a good man with lies. You get to live with that. We never mentioned the damaged propeller.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone can be upset about $400,000 in legal fees, for a project that was passed by Planning and Zoning, but not upset about a $500,000 crash truck, a $3.6 million dollar bond we have to pay, a bond for the water tank and sewers, and no telling how much in legal fees for a project the county clearly rejected. Then you vote for the guy that cost the taxpayers all that and more. SMH

Some people are just more concerned about getting their way than trying to run a good campaign. Those tax increases, the one's on your bill now. You can thank Carmichael for them.

No, you just spun a whole bunch of new lies to try to hide the FACT that 4 county employees filed sexual harassment complaints. Your definition of "good" is certainly a strange one, apparently. You must like getting groped, eh?

Roger was FOR the airport before he was "against" it. And the ChickenWorld 4...(your guys) are the ones that voted 4-1 for the BOC to file suit against the county's own agencies. When Leggett's mentor and donor, Jerry Shearin, was the driving force behind getting SCF started, It's really hard to believe that Leggett didn't have some hidden agenda behind his public "opposition" to the airport. When your main supporter is waist deep in a project, it always seemed curious to me that Leggett took the position that he did. Somebody got bought off somehow, someway.

And the ChickenWorld 4 along with the School Board are the ones doing a tax increase NOW. Mr. Carmichael is Chairman-elect, and won't assume office until January1. You trying to hang this on HIM is just another of your blatant lies. You have about as much credibility as Hillary....zero. If it weren't for double standards, you'd have none at all.

Edited by Glassdogs
  • Like 1

Very simple.

A) I questioned my memory of the zoning issue to Candidate Leggett. His response was "I had no other choice". Which I have documentation from P & Z which states otherwise. I could have lived with "I'm glad it turned out the way it did", or "I wish I had not voted that way" or "It seemed right at the moment", but to make excuses for why it was right did not go over well to me.

I questioned the Airport issue to Candidate Carchmichael who shared a plan to embrace the court decisions and with citizen involvement to move the county ahead. I really believe Dave will do well. I really feel his heart is in the right place. Gee I have a right to have these opinions.

B) I never intended to give up my right to free thinking when joining the Stop Group. I embraced every candidate the Stop Group supported but 1. I had first thought to keep my opinion silent until I was attacked for not endorsing Candidate Leggett. Then I chose to support Candidate Carmichael openly.

C) Studying friends on both sides of the 139 issue I finally decided to join those who accepted me for who I am. I am a free thinking person who opposes 139 and supports Dave not for what has gone on in the past but instead wants to see us work together.

D) I aligned myself with a friend's opinion even if he is unable to voice that opinion now.

I'm sure Roger is a good man. His Chad's Wagon program is exceptional. I feel real good every time I see a picture of one being presented or a picture of a child in one.

I really hope Roger does well and is very happy in the future. I certainly hope everyone will wish Dave the same.

• Like 2

The election is over and the guy I voted for lost. I'm over it. I still don't like the airport issue, but it's ONE issue of many facing Paulding County. Hopefully our commissioners and our community can come together and stop all this back and forth yak yak yak. We do need to address our jobs situation, our traffic nightmares, our schools, our roads, our infrastructure, our long term development plan and of course our taxes. Government should be for the people and not for the powerful special interest groups. Let's give them some time to let the dust settle and get down to business.

• Like 3

The election is over and the guy I voted for lost. I'm over it. I still don't like the airport issue, but it's ONE issue of many facing Paulding County. Hopefully our commissioners and our community can come together and stop all this back and forth yak yak yak. We do need to address our jobs situation, our traffic nightmares, our schools, our roads, our infrastructure, our long term development plan and of course our taxes. Government should be for the people and not for the powerful special interest groups. Let's give them some time to let the dust settle and get down to business.

Isn't that pretty much what I told you two weeks ago? :rofl:

• Like 1

It is going to be really interesting in January when "CARMICHAEL THE CLOWN" takes over as chairman and everyone discovers that he is no leader, he is a follower who sways with the wind. He is like Hillary, he has all these qualifications on paper that won't mean a thing when it comes to representing the citizens of Paulding.

• Like 1

It is going to be really interesting in January when "CARMICHAEL THE CLOWN" takes over as chairman and everyone discovers that he is no leader, he is a follower who sways with the wind. He is like Hillary, he has all these qualifications on paper that won't mean a thing when it comes to representing the citizens of Paulding.

Dave has forgotten more about leadership and human decency than you'll ever know.

I didn't try to destroy a good man with lies.

Exhibit 1. A complete lie to try and discredit a small business owner and good man.

tundra

Yea, you need to see who she really is. Like she gave "free" spaces to Ron Davis' competition and Dave Carmichael at the Spring Fling. Sometimes knowing all the facts is a burden, I understand.

Exhibit #2 Another lie and attempt to discredit a good man, from your post on Facebook... "Well, ya if anyone was curious why Roger stopped doing interviews with Paulding Uncensored, there ya go. Of course we know Carmichael didn't have the questions in advance. LOL"

The picture you responded to clearly stated the question was from the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce (it even gave you the web address to view it yourself), yet you blame it on Paulding Uncensored and claim Carmichael had the questions in advance. I am sure you have proof to back up your statement. This is another attempt to discredit a good man.

• Like 2

It is time for a new beginning.

More so now than ever.

9 % of the registered voters should not dictate who will run this County for the next four years.

The election laws of the state of Georgia Provide for write in candidates for the general election, in the event you are not satisfied with the outcome of the primary election.

Hopefully a group of concerned citizens will come together, join hands, select a viable, honest, transparent, capable, person to contest the PRIMARY winner Dave Carmichael.

This election is by no means over, the general election in November is the final decision maker. Lets come together and elect a commission chairman that more that 5% of the registered voters have confidence in.

Whitey, I'm not poking at you by any means, just intrigued by your campaign.

Would it not have been easier to pull off a write in candidate victory with one of these smaller turnout elections, or is that impossible due to our election laws?

I don't think I've ever lived anywhere that folks vote 4 times in one calendar year. My hypothesis is that turnout would be higher with less elections. Maybe voter fatigue has something to do with it?

More so now than ever.

9 % of the registered voters should not dictate who will run this County for the next four years.

The election laws of the state of Georgia Provide for write in candidates for the general election, in the event you are not satisfied with the outcome of the primary election.

Hopefully a group of concerned citizens will come together, join hands, select a viable, honest, transparent, capable, person to contest the PRIMARY winner Dave Carmichael.

This election is by no means over, the general election in November is the final decision maker. Lets come together and elect a commission chairman that more that 5% of the registered voters have confidence in.

I'm sure you and Tundra will kiss and make up if it presents you with an opportunity to dream up more lies about Mr. Carmichael and the airport.. :crazy: I bet I can guess who your group of "concerned citizens" is....

C'mon, Whitey, even Pubby says this is a stupid idea. Not that stupid ideas have ever stopped the anti's and the Chicken World 4 previously.

• Like 1

More so now than ever.

Whitey, I agree with you on the point 9% of the registered voters should not decide who leads us. However I don't have a solution. I have a big enough job keeping up with myself. I ALWAYS vote. I love to take my drivers license in and early vote. But how to get others to vote I just don't have a clue.

On the write in campaign, good luck. Before Robbie jumped in the race I looked hard for another candidate. The only one I thought remotely qualified would only accept the nomination if someone else lead the campaign and this person had to do NOTHING until after the election.

My personal opinion... I'm thinking we've beat up those serving so hard on the local, state & national levels we are lucky to get the candidates that are willing to run. Maybe weak choices of candidates leads to weak voter turnout.

My personal opinion... I'm thinking we've beat up those serving so hard on the local, state & national levels we are lucky to get the candidates that are willing to run. Maybe weak choices of candidates leads to weak voter turnout.

In this county, unfortunately, there is no reasonably efficient method of advertising to the masses. No newspaper to speak of, no affordable way to get advertising on cable channels, and a community message board that reaches darn few. It becomes a pound the pavement type campaign and that's a tough way to get votes. And signage? If that worked, some candidates would have won 90-10.

Last weekend, I walked our neighborhood campaigning a bit for Dave. 3 of the first 4 houses I went to didn't even know there was an election coming up on this past Tuesday. (Despite signs in my front yard).

And if you can figure out how to reach the masses in an affordable way, you'll be onto something.

• Like 1