Paulding.com

Racist Georgia cops harass homeless black teen

This example proves that most cops are great people. We already knew that.

If the problem is three percent of the officers, then 97 percent of the officers are by definition good.

I applaud their action and your topic and headline are ... just another lie.

pubby

This example proves that most cops are great people. We already knew that.

If the problem is three percent of the officers, then 97 percent of the officers are by definition good.

I applaud their action and your topic and headline are ... just another lie.

pubby

So since you admit that most cops are great people, should we see cop bashing threads almost every day here?

• Like 1

So since you admit that most cops are great people, should we see cop bashing threads almost every day here?

I don't think so GD:

Part of my liberal education includes thinking about quotes about freedom and liberty.

One that comes to mind here is that 'eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.'

While the exact source of this bit of American wisdom is disputed, one of the uses was by an American Abolitionist and liberal activist named Wendell Phillips who wrote on January 28, 1852:

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty; power is ever stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty must be gathered each day or it is rotten. The living sap of today outgrows the dead rind of yesterday. The hand entrusted with power becomes, either form human depravity or esprit de corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continued oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening into a despot; only by unintermitted agitation can a people be sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be smothered in material prosperity.”

Seems quite applicable in regard to those 'hands' entrusted with power becomes ... the ... enemy of the people. Only by continued oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from becoming a despot.

I'm afraid your prescription that we censor such stories would be an affront to liberty which does require eternal vigilance. I think I'll pass.

pubby

I don't think so GD:

Part of my liberal education includes thinking about quotes about freedom and liberty.

One that comes to mind here is that 'eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.'

While the exact source of this bit of American wisdom is disputed, one of the uses was by an American Abolitionist and liberal activist named Wendell Phillips who wrote on January 28, 1852:

Seems quite applicable in regard to those 'hands' entrusted with power becomes ... the ... enemy of the people. Only by continued oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from becoming a despot.

I'm afraid your prescription that we censor such stories would be an affront to liberty which does require eternal vigilance. I think I'll pass.

pubby

No one is asking you to censor.

But keeping one mentally ill poster in his padded forum would stop most of the cop bashing here.

And who knows...it might keep an innocent cop from being killed.

• Like 2

No one is asking you to sensor.

But keeping one mentally ill poster in his padded forum would stop most of the cop bashing here.

And who knows...it might keep an innocent cop from being killed.

The cops who get bashed on here, G D, probably deserve the supervision that my eternal vigilance ought to create a necessity for. Supervision and eternal vigilance make a good combination.

The cops who get bashed on here, G D, probably deserve the supervision that my eternal vigilance ought to create a necessity for. Supervision and eternal vigilance make a good combination.

Then why are so many innocent ones being shot down in cold blood?

Well, that clearly went right over your head.

Point being...you cop bashers and race baiters are who started the cop killing. You have blood on your hands.

That is the stupidest thing you ever said GD ... but how can anyone argue with you ..because you never ever always wrong because your views reflect the right and the right is right, right.

pubby

Point being...you cop bashers and race baiters are who started the cop killing. You have blood on your hands.

I don't think so, G D!

If anything radio talk show hosts, here in the South, started it all. They used to talk about black people so bad, I had to use my CD player instead of listening to the radio. I can imagine they still do; I don't know.

I just know somebody pissed those people off.

The two cop killers were X-soldiers, who were trained to kill.

Since when are people not responsible for their own actions? With all due respect, you are way off here. Clearly we have a real problem here in America and it's not up to Allen West or any other militant right-wing blog to diagnose. Let's be real.
  • Like 1

Since when are people not responsible for their own actions? With all due respect, you are way off here. Clearly we have a real problem here in America and it's not up to Allen West or any other militant right-wing blog to diagnose. Let's be real.

Reality eludes G D, like it's lightyears away from his brain activity, jenilyn!

This has nothing to do with Allen West or anyine else. I'm surprised at you coming out with that stuff.

It has everything to do with constant race baiting and cop bashing. It has to do with the constant division being spread by the left. Whether same-sex marriage, transgender, selective religious persecution, aboooortion, or race; the left has intentionally divided the American people.

All this rhetoric from them about equal rights and discrinination; and now we're more divided than we were 2 or 3 decades ago.

Any student of history can recognize what they are doing. That is, if they are thinking with their own minds.

• Like 1

Never let the death of a few police officers stop you from scoring a few political points, eh GD ?

Republican Donald Trump seized on the shooting deaths in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to bolster his case the United States is leaderless and he is the better candidate in the Nov. 8 U.S. presidential election'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronation-cleveland-republicans-prepare-nominate-trump-100710575.html

Never let the death of a few police officers stop you from scoring a few political points, eh GD ?

Republican Donald Trump seized on the shooting deaths in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to bolster his case the United States is leaderless and he is the better candidate in the Nov. 8 U.S. presidential election'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronation-cleveland-republicans-prepare-nominate-trump-100710575.html

As much as I dislike Trump; I have to agree with him on this one.
  • Like 1

If he were not such a dangerous candidate I almost wish the big blow hard won this election just to watch all the wingers wither away as he fell on his face on one of his big empty promises after another.

If he were not such a dangerous candidate I almost wish the big blow hard won this election just to watch all the wingers wither away as he fell on his face on one of his big empty promises after another.

The scary part about that is...as much as he sucks, he is infinately more qualified than Hillary is.
  • Like 1

Public opinion does not seem to agree with you.

Pretty close now...at least in the popular vote. But Hillary has the big states, so she's leading in the electoral vote.

But it's still early, and recent events could really hurt Hillary. More people are demanding that we get tough on terrorism.

I saw a friend tonight who is a Powder Springs officer. He told me that he had just gotten a text from an officer in Smyrna.

The Smyrna PD is now down 20 officers. They are leaving in droves, some are guys with many years, and a few were probationary guys right out of the academy.

I saw a friend tonight who is a Powder Springs officer. He told me that he had just gotten a text from an officer in Smyrna.

The Smyrna PD is now down 20 officers. They are leaving in droves, some are guys with many years, and a few were probationary guys right out of the academy.

And yet we have members here still posting Rodney King videos to race bait and cause division.

The problem is the stats don't agree with you. Since Reagan attacks against police have declined reaching a low point under the Obama administration. The false narrative you and others push creates and expands a dangerous divide.

The problem is the stats don't agree with you. Since Reagan attacks against police have declined reaching a low point under the Obama administration. The false narrative you and others push creates and expands a dangerous divide.

I'm sure you found those "stats" on some used toilet paper.

Nice try at diversion, but fail.

We're referring to police officers gunned down because of this recent anti-cop movement.

A pesky statistic from the Officer Down Memorial Page - Officers killed by gunfire deaths this year +94%

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

I should point out that the real COWA didn't know what a narrative was, much less how to spell it.

• Like 2

Black Americans still remain in more danger than American Police, as for as murder is concerned.

Are leaders in other countries just more understanding people?

Black Americans Are Killed At 12 Times The Rate Of People In Other Developed Countries

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/black-americans-are-killed-at-12-times-the-rate-of-people-in-other-developed-countries/

This has nothing to do with Allen West or anyine else. I'm surprised at you coming out with that stuff.

It has everything to do with constant race baiting and cop bashing. It has to do with the constant division being spread by the left. Whether same-sex marriage, transgender, selective religious persecution, aboooortion, or race; the left has intentionally divided the American people.

All this rhetoric from them about equal rights and discrinination; and now we're more divided than we were 2 or 3 decades ago.

Any student of history can recognize what they are doing. That is, if they are thinking with their own minds.

There's a difference between cop bashing and discussion of police brutality. While I won't ignore or pretend that there haven't been unnecessary comments and accusations regarding police on this board, I believe it's a stretch to accuse anyone here of having blood on their hands. The blood is on the hands of the individuals who were so filled with hate that they felt need to murder people were just doing their job.

All people speaking out about gay rights, women's rights, transgender rights civil rights, etc. don't do so in an effort to divide or a take a political stance. They speak out because those are issues that truly matter to them. It's not rhetoric when it directly affects your life and the lives of the people you love. Normal people don't have to be told what to care about, they don't set out to form an opinion simply to be divisive. People have different opinions and ideas based on their perspective in life. Until we all understand and accept that there will continue to be a divide. Healthy conversations can't happen when we all have our fingers pointed at eachother.

• Like 5

There's a difference between cop bashing and discussion of police brutality. While I won't ignore or pretend that there haven't been unnecessary comments and accusations regarding police on this board, I believe it's a stretch to accuse anyone here of having blood on their hands. The blood is on the hands of the individuals who were so filled with hate that they felt need to murder people were just doing their job.

All people speaking out about gay rights, women's rights, transgender rights civil rights, etc. don't do so in an effort to divide or a take a political stance. They speak out because those are issues that truly matter to them. It's not rhetoric when it directly affects your life and the lives of the people you love. Normal people don't have to be told what to care about, they don't set out to form an opinion simply to be divisive. People have different opinions and ideas based on their perspective in life. Until we all understand and accept that there will continue to be a divide. Healthy conversations can't happen when we all have our fingers pointed at eachother.

Take myself, for instance! I think a live streemed video is so much better than a video from a corporate media. I'm so happy that I can post actual footage, as it appears, and without someone cherry picking what to broadcast, that I could just cry out loud.

People who cannot stomach the truth cannot speak reality, jenilyn!

We should not sit back, and just let things happen, without standing up, speaking out, and talking back. Negotiations are so much better than homocides, that I need not write a book to explain that.

I think all the major "causes" of the last few decades have been used by some to either buy votes or further a political agenda. While I agree that your typical gay rights, women's rights, etc protestor is genuine in their quest; the politicians and other powers who have hijacked these issues for their own agenda often are not.

I am sure that black folks see some of these police shootings as being excessive use of force and/or abuse of power. I do feel for them, especially, the good and honest people who get stereotyped by the thugs. But the media who has misrepresented the actual statistics and the politicians who are working it for their own gain are rotten!

I am fine with civil discussions of police brutality, or anything else that seems to be a problem that needs to be dealt with. But a lot of the content here has gone far beyond that. A couple of the posters get very hateful toward the cops. And then we have a certain member who goes from thread to thread posting alleged police brutality videos over and over and over; often when the topic is not even about that.

Tensions are high right now and people are dying. Some of the cops that have recently been gunned down were there to protect the protesters, and they lost their lives for it. One of the cops killed in New Orleans was a black man.

Compounding killings that might not have been justified with more killings that were definitely not justified only makes things worse.

Yes, I came on a little strong with the "blood on your hands" statement. But sometimes people here are thick headed and you have to get their attention. Pubby needs to tone the cop bashing down here (that is my opinion as a forum nobody). P'Com has been around a long time and I suspect a lot more people read it than post. We could have a crazy person or a radical here in our hometown who reads some of this stuff and that's all he needs to push him over the edge and start killing people. I'm very sure that none of us want that. So as just a forum nobody member, I am respectfully asking everyone here to please consider than in your post language. Problem is...there's one who doesn't have the mental capacity to "get it", so if he is to be reigned in, the mods will need to do it.

I'm not trying to be bossy or run pubby's forum; I'm just genuinely concerned about what could happen if this division and race baiting continues. I have friends and family that live here, as many of you do as well.

I think all the major "causes" of the last few decades have been used by some to either buy votes or further a political agenda. While I agree that your typical gay rights, women's rights, etc protestor is genuine in their quest; the politicians and other powers who have hijacked these issues for their own agenda often are not.

I am sure that black folks see some of these police shootings as being excessive use of force and/or abuse of power. I do feel for them, especially, the good and honest people who get stereotyped by the thugs. But the media who has misrepresented the actual statistics and the politicians who are working it for their own gain are rotten!

I am fine with civil discussions of police brutality, or anything else that seems to be a problem that needs to be dealt with. But a lot of the content here has gone far beyond that. A couple of the posters get very hateful toward the cops. And then we have a certain member who goes from thread to thread posting alleged police brutality videos over and over and over; often when the topic is not even about that.

Tensions are high right now and people are dying. Some of the cops that have recently been gunned down were there to protect the protesters, and they lost their lives for it. One of the cops killed in New Orleans was a black man.

Compounding killings that might not have been justified with more killings that were definitely not justified only makes things worse.

Yes, I came on a little strong with the "blood on your hands" statement. But sometimes people here are thick headed and you have to get their attention. Pubby needs to tone the cop bashing down here (that is my opinion as a forum nobody). P'Com has been around a long time and I suspect a lot more people read it than post. We could have a crazy person or a radical here in our hometown who reads some of this stuff and that's all he needs to push him over the edge and start killing people. I'm very sure that none of us want that. So as just a forum nobody member, I am respectfully asking everyone here to please consider than in your post language. Problem is...there's one who doesn't have the mental capacity to "get it", so if he is to be reigned in, the mods will need to do it.

I'm not trying to be bossy or run pubby's forum; I'm just genuinely concerned about what could happen if this division and race baiting continues. I have friends and family that live here, as many of you do as well.

You don't negotiate, G D! You prefer to be right, even when you are wrong about P.com. I think you are a "Do As I Say Do" kind of Guard Dad, and actually don't want people to "Do As You Do."

I have never suggested that you be stopped from being able to post what you wish. You are an inspiration to many people, on P.com, and I apprerciate that. I think you would want pubby to start censering people, on his web site; especially the ones who agree with the things he takes his time to publish.

Even though I post history, in order to show reality, I refrain from lying to advocate homicide. I do, however, think negotiation is the best thing in the world for people to involve themselves in!

Black people can't negotuiate, with some killer at their rallies, killing cops.

Edited by The Postman

Nice try at diversion, but fail.

We're referring to police officers gunned down because of this recent anti-cop movement.

A pesky statistic from the Officer Down Memorial Page - Officers killed by gunfire deaths this year +94%

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

I should point out that the real COWA didn't know what a narrative was, much less how to spell it.

So of the 31 total officers shot this year, as in most years, the vast majority were shot by conservative white men. Through may of this year 71% of these police officers where shot by white males.

If you are not dodging legitimate questions you are dodging the truth.

raw.gif?1468866786918&1468866787999&1468

The Obama administration is still on track to have the best numbers of any administration since Jimmy Carter as far as attacks on police go. Overall the number of police deaths while on duty have declined 3% from your same source.

So of the 31 total officers shot this year, as in most years, the vast majority were shot by conservative white men. Through may of this year 71% of these police officers where shot by white males.

If you are not dodging legitimate questions you are dodging the truth.

The Obama administration is still on track to have the best numbers of any administration since Jimmy Carter as far as attacks on police go. Overall the number of police deaths while on duty have declined 3% from your same source.

You're full of it! Even if you knew what color the shooters were, that site wouldn't tell you their political philosophy.

What a bunch of bull!

You're full of it! Even if you knew what color the shooters were, that site wouldn't tell you their political philosophy.

What a bunch of bull!

Poor Guard Dad, poor, poor Guard Dad... Statistics and facts got you down? You can always try and dodge them.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-cops-killed-white-men-conservatives-silent-article-1.2632965

Edited by COWA

I would be embarrassed to post such a garbage site as support.

If one of the most widely circulated periodicals and in the top 10. If you can't refute the facts then attack the source.