Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
WHITEY

Robbie Dobson In critical condition

Last Night Robbie Dobson and his wife LeAnne was riding with others in their group and was involved in a accident.

Leanne Died at the scene and Robbie was transferred to Grady Hospital in Atlanta in critical condition.

Please lift this family up in prayer in this time of need.

• Like 3

This is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with this family. My prayers are with you Whitey and also Mojo as I know you guys are good friends to Robbie.

• Like 2

So very sad & heartbreaking. Our thoughts & prayers will be with their friends & family.

Edited by dallasbrowneyes
  • Like 1

Leanne was a long time friend, over 20 years. I just ran in to her last week, got me a big ole hug and ate lunch with her. Her boys will be devastated, she was a wonderful friend, mother and grandmother.

Praying Robbie pulls through, she loved him so. I will miss her very much. :(

• Like 1

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/polkfishwrap/news/local/wife-killed-husband-injured-in-overnight-wreck-in-rockmart-area/article_645b7dca-422d-11e6-9c8f-130a0e70a5e9.html

Staff reports

A Dallas area woman was killed and her husband injured in a late night wreck in the Rockmart area, according to reports from the Georgia State Patrol and Polk County Coroner Tony Brazier.

Brazier said that Leeanne Dobson, 50, of a Dallas address, was heading home when she and her husband, Robert Dobson, 58, were struck on their 2008 and 2009 Harley Davidson motorcycles around 11:50 p.m. by a 1999 Ford F-150 driven by John C. Prichard, 18, of a Rockmart address.

After Prichard struck the motorcycles, the Georgia State Patrol reported, a Howell K. Hammonds driving a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado struck one of the motorcycles as well.

Leeanne Dobson was killed upon the impact in the wreck, while her husband Robert was treated by Redmond EMS and Rockmart Fire Department personnel and taken by Lifeflight to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. Brazier said he remained in critical condition as of earlier this morning.

Leeanne Dobson was pronounced dead on the scene at 12:45 a.m., the cause listed as blunt force trauma from the impact.

The Dobsons were heading home from a motorcycle ride with others and had fallen behind the group, Brazier said. Members of the ride turned around to find the scene of the wreck at the intersection of Highway 101 and Highway 278, near where Highway 113 turns south to Yorkville and Villa Rica.

"They had tried calling them on their cell phones several times and then they came back, crested the hill and found where the wreck happened," Brazier said. "They were devastated."

Prichard faces felony charges of homicide by vehicle in the first degree and a traffic citation for failure to yield after stopping at a stop sign, the Georgia State Patrol's public information office reported.

He and Howell were both uninjured in the wreck.

• Like 2

Was she a p.commer? If so what was her name? She looks familiar and I can't place where I've seen her.

Was she a p.commer? If so what was her name? She looks familiar and I can't place where I've seen her.

She drove a school bus for years, then went to work for Kroger on 278 and 61, she worked there for 7 or 8 years.

She drove a school bus for years, then went to work for Kroger on 278 and 61, she worked there for 7 or 8 years.

That's it! Kroger. Thanks.

Thanks for providing an update ...... will continue to keep them in my thoughts.

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/polkfishwrap/news/local/wife-killed-husband-injured-in-overnight-wreck-in-rockmart-area/article_645b7dca-422d-11e6-9c8f-130a0e70a5e9.html

Staff reports

A Dallas area woman was killed and her husband injured in a late night wreck in the Rockmart area, according to reports from the Georgia State Patrol and Polk County Coroner Tony Brazier.

Brazier said that Leeanne Dobson, 50, of a Dallas address, was heading home when she and her husband, Robert Dobson, 58, were struck on their 2008 and 2009 Harley Davidson motorcycles around 11:50 p.m. by a 1999 Ford F-150 driven by John C. Prichard, 18, of a Rockmart address.

After Prichard struck the motorcycles, the Georgia State Patrol reported, a Howell K. Hammonds driving a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado struck one of the motorcycles as well.

Leeanne Dobson was killed upon the impact in the wreck, while her husband Robert was treated by Redmond EMS and Rockmart Fire Department personnel and taken by Lifeflight to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. Brazier said he remained in critical condition as of earlier this morning.

Leeanne Dobson was pronounced dead on the scene at 12:45 a.m., the cause listed as blunt force trauma from the impact.

The Dobsons were heading home from a motorcycle ride with others and had fallen behind the group, Brazier said. Members of the ride turned around to find the scene of the wreck at the intersection of Highway 101 and Highway 278, near where Highway 113 turns south to Yorkville and Villa Rica.

"They had tried calling them on their cell phones several times and then they came back, crested the hill and found where the wreck happened," Brazier said. "They were devastated."

Prichard faces felony charges of homicide by vehicle in the first degree and a traffic citation for failure to yield after stopping at a stop sign, the Georgia State Patrol's public information office reported.

He and Howell were both uninjured in the wreck.

I read this morning in newspaper.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Dobson and all who love him. May Mrs. Dobson rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers sent to her family and all who loved her.

This is so incredibly sad, a perfect example of why we should all try to be kind to each other. We should cherish and appreciate every single minute we have with our loved ones, you just never know. May God wrap his loving arms around everyone who loves and cares about this family.

• Like 10

We just got back from Grady. In my opinion Robbie looks better than yesterday. He is still a long ways from recovery.

• Like 8

I had always heard horror stories about Grady until my son was in accident and had to be life flighted there. He had pretty much every bone in his left leg broken, had 3 surgeries in a little over a week and was home in 2 weeks. He even fell and broke the femur a second time and they had to go in and do surgery again 6 months later. He hardly has any type of limp, which is rare with a broken femur. Grady is the very best place for anybody that needs a trauma unit and they have some of the best surgeons around. Just a royal pain to get there and then find where you have to go.

Robbie is in good hands at Grady.

• Like 2

I had always heard horror stories about Grady until my son was in accident and had to be life flighted there. He had pretty much every bone in his left leg broken, had 3 surgeries in a little over a week and was home in 2 weeks. He even fell and broke the femur a second time and they had to go in and do surgery again 6 months later. He hardly has any type of limp, which is rare with a broken femur. Grady is the very best place for anybody that needs a trauma unit and they have some of the best surgeons around. Just a royal pain to get there and then find where you have to go.

I agree, Grady probably saved my life when I was 15 years old.

Not only is Robbie in good hands, but he also is a fighter, and has many folks praying for his complete recovery!!!!

• Like 1

I agree.... I spent 2 weeks in ICU Burn unit with 3rd degree burns on my legs... they have a wonderful burn unit..... the ER not so good... but once you get past that you are good... Robbie is in good hands... and like someone said he is strong, and a fighter.... he has a lot of people praying for him...

• Like 2

Very sad ...Robbie has been a family friend for years...Hope he recovers and heals ...Praying for him and his family and friends that loved him...

• Like 1

Robbie's daughter posted on Facebook he responded to her voice by opening his eyes and looking at her this morning.

• Like 12

as far as I know Robbie still does not know about Leanne.please keep her family in your thoughts today and tomorrow and they lay her to rest...

posted by a family member:

3:30 am to find out at 8:30 no surgery... He had a event this morning where the ventilator was at 100% and still wasn't enough for him he is ok now stable and sedated just not well enough for any surgery please lift him up in prayers he really needs this surgery in order to move forward with the healing process!

... .

as far as I know Robbie still does not know about Leanne.please keep her family in your thoughts today and tomorrow and they lay her to rest...

posted by a family member:

3:30 am to find out at 8:30 no surgery... He had a event this morning where the ventilator was at 100% and still wasn't enough for him he is ok now stable and sedated just not well enough for any surgery please lift him up in prayers he really needs this surgery in order to move forward with the healing process!

... .

Continued prayers for Mr. Dobson and family.

• Like 2

as of a couple of hours ago Robbie was headed for one of the many surgies he will need.... please keep him and the doctors in your thoughts.

• Like 6

Here is the latest posted on Facebook this morning by Robbie's daughter... "Good Morning! Dad had his first surgery yesterday. They worked on his arm, and he did well after surgery. There will be another surgery this week, but I don't know when yet. Thank you all for your prayers, calls, and texts for Robbie during his surgery!"

• Like 4

UPDATE from one of Robbies Kids... 34 minutes ago

Dad Robbie Dobson is still in stable condition they r trying to wean the sedation a little and also the ventilator his chest tubes r out we are so thrilled about that baby step. As far as surgery he had his right arm worked on cleaned and packed with gauze because the swelling was to bad to actually fix the break so he will have it fixed later. We do see signs of improvement but he has a long way to go so please help us continue to pray we appreciate all your prayers calls and messages we are overwhelmed with love towards our dad and our family!

• Like 5