Paulding.com

How is your Garden growing?

My habanero and tomato plant are just now getting flowers.

You will have tomato when mind all gone.

that is what we did with our first ripe tomato... and it was so good..

boy do I miss then in the winter.

We had duck sluced and served on a huge pile iof arugala from Melissas gutter garden on the deck, with 2 NICE tomatoes from the plants Whitey gave us. Would have been $35 a plate from a resturant.

We adapt to our curcumstances and our gutters with lettuce, arugula, herbs, and beans soon to come are doing the job.

Not near what our 25 year old raised bed garden priduced, but doing quite well thanks to my wife's hard wirk.

That all I have is a small raised bed garden but gives me enough.

Edited by october

Put up 10 jars of pickles so far... watermelons are almost ready.

Beefsteak tomatoes are plentiful but still green...

Eating sweet onions in our dinner every night...

Cantaloupes are babies ... but coming along.

:good:

• Like 1

yayyy.... we have corn that has baby ears of corn on it, squash and cucumbers still coming in... watermelons are getting big.we have yellow meated and red meated. and we have okra (okrie) we have gotten a few more ripe tomatoes,

My husband is already talking about next years garden.. I got a a feeling it will be bigger :shok:

We've had yellow squash out the ears! My squash has never done this well. We've had quite a few ripe tomatoes (Rutger's). Our Cherokee Purple tomatoes aren't doing very well. I've been getting alot of peppers coming in (Jalapenos, Cowhorn, and Sweet Banana). We picked up jars and vinegar to can them this week. My cucumbers are doing pretty good, and taste soo delicious. My husband put us together a small raised bed this year, and he's already talking about how much larger it needs to bed for next year..lol

• Like 1

Just FYI .... The food bank up in Dallas last year would take homegrown veggies for distribution. I just contacted them when I had so much and knew even giving to friends and neighbors wasn't going to use up what we had. THEY LOVED THE DONATION!!

I don't know if they are still accepting this year, but worth asking them :)

• Like 1

Just FYI .... The food bank up in Dallas last year would take homegrown veggies for distribution. I just contacted them when I had so much and knew even giving to friends and neighbors wasn't going to use up what we had. THEY LOVED THE DONATION!!

I don't know if they are still accepting this year, but worth asking them :)

I did that with a lot of mama's canned items that i knew we would never use just to much of it. and it was appericiated...

I was able to put up 8 quarts of pickles today, and blue berries in the freezer, now my apples and figs are getting ready.... it seems like when one thing is done the others start.... watermelons still growing and growing, it will not be long we will have a mess of okra (okrie) to fry, pulled 4 more ripe tomatos, and squash...

anyone ever pickled squash?