Paulding.com

Fast Chicken place near Kroger

CORRECTION- It is the location in front of Kroger on Nathan Dean... Beware folks-- been told people were getting sick from their food :bad: According to the lady who answered the phone, they are closed for "Maintenance"...

This is what i got before the mods made the other topic go poof lol

Zamby's or Chix Filay? There's one of those near Kroger on 61 as well as one near Publix on Dallas Hwy. I'm so lost and confused at this point.

it is Zaxby's near kroger nathan dean /hwy 278

Zaxby's at the Kroger at 61 and 278.

I called also. She said closed for maintenance. I asked why. She just said maintence. I asked if they got a bad health score. She just said closed for maintenance.

Zaxby's at the Kroger at 61 and 278.

I called also. She said closed for maintenance. I asked why. She just said maintence. I asked if they got a bad credit score. She just said closed for maintenance.

Credit score?? :rofl:

I never eat there anymore since my daughter found a roach bug in her salad one day. All they offered her was another salad, not even her money back. I guess I would have went to jail because they would have gave me my money back one way or the other.

• Like 3

I don't eat there because I don't like their food but a lot of people do.

My grandson actually gets chicken meals from that one that is closed. I'm told him about it. He may change his mind.

I'm still trying to figure out how the place has fast chickens??? I've been uneasy about eating there ever since we

got takeout and the wings were raw. Not just a little undercooked - I mean RAW as in blood on the inside and obvious uncooked meat.

I'm still trying to figure out how the place has fast chickens??? I've been uneasy about eating there ever since we

got takeout and the wings were raw. Not just a little undercooked - I mean RAW as in blood on the inside and obvious uncooked meat.

That is just BAD BAD BAD management. You have to cook the damn things until they are done, and they have automatic fryers to do just that.

But.............. the poultry company that supplied the chickens will end up taking part of the hit, and that is just wrong.

• Like 1

Might have been a refrigeration issue.

Yes, all raw foods, ESPECIALLY chicken should be kept below 39F. However, unless they have absolutely turned rancid and stinky, thorough cooking to above 165F will destroy all aerobic and anerobic bacterium.

Modern commercial kitchens have fryers that will NOT let you take out the food too soon, or at least sounding off lots of bells and whistles if you do.

I have never been impressed with the Z place, for taste, quality, quantity, or price. I have been twice and won't go back again.

Chik Filet however is one of the most efficiently run fast food companies out there. They are about to become the largest retailer of chicken, passing KFC and the rest of them, and that is with 6 days a week in sales instead of 7.

They are also the most profitable franchise arrangement out there, and one of the hardest to obtain a franchise for. A tiny percentage of the franchise applicants make the grade and get accepted. Quite a difference from Micky Dees, Burger Doodle, and the rest of them that accept anyone for a francise if they can put the money on the table.

I use to stop at the location in Dallas to get chicken and salads. The chicken were always overcooked and the salads tasted as if they washed them in the loo washing basin. Same way with other locations in the area.

Their sauces are pretty good. You can make your own sauces, if you google for the recipes.

I never did eat at any Zaxbys. I don't like their chicken and I think it's overpriced. But I must say, they stay busy.

Chicken is ok...not great. They do make great grilled cheese sandwiches though.

They are open.. It was to be a "Hush, Hush" closing for a few days but I couldn't let this go un-noted. I think they re-opened last Fri or Sat. Heard it was due to employees (and some patrons) complaining of Stomach Flu symptoms. :bad: I suppose the "maintenance" was to scrub teh place down.. which i hope they did FULLY :shok: SCARY!!!

I ate at the one by Walmart years ago and it was decent. Ate at one in Cleveland GA and loved it. I guess it depends who is handling the food, orders, etc...

In October 2014, I went to the Apple Festival with a group of Ladies. We were there in Ellijay from Wednesday to Saturday. Friday we had a late lunch at Zaxby's. I got sooo sick, I was throwing up and had diarrha (sp?) for about 4 hours straight. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!!!! I have eaten at Zaxby's on one or two occasions since then but, that was ONLY because that's where the Grands wanted to eat!!!! I was the only one who got sick, Thank God!!!!