Paulding.com

PROPERTY TAXES AND THE AIRPORT

Okay folks it is time to separate the Bull from the facts.

First, look at the facts.

Below you will find a chart that was compiled by the Georgia Department of Revenue in 2014 .

This chart reflects the millage rates for personal property taxes for, Homes, Motor homes, Boats etc. that determines the amount of property taxes that you pay for these items.

This tax is commonly called an Ad Valorem tax.

This millage rate determines how much taxes you pay to the County, City (Dallas only) and the State, on all of your personal property.

https://dor.georgia.gov/sites/dor.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/LGS/Property%20Tax%20Digest/2015%20mill%20rate.pdf

Check this out, these are the facts.

The proponents of the Commercialization of our airport would have you believe that Commercial Passenger service would reduce your tax burden, improve the school system, and would build more roads ease traffic congestion etc. and if we would just agree to be the REGIONAL HUB airport for the City of Atlanta and Hartsfield Jackson International Airport then all our problems would be instantly solved. We would build every road as a four lane divided highway, with no traffic congestion, the school system would thrive and be the best in the world, everybody would have a job that would be in the six figures and Mayberry would be saved from the big bad Delta and the Anti commercial passenger service folks.

WOW, UTOPIA!!!

Well not quite…… Here, is where the above charts provide the pesky FACTS!! Please take a moment and check them out

We all know that the two Counties that surround Hartsfield Jackson Airport are Fulton and Clayton counties.

The airport proponents, along with Dave Carmichael and Howard Maxwell would have us believe a Regional Hub to a commercial passenger airport would provide tax dollars to reduce property taxes, improve the school system, build new roads, ease congestion etc.

LOOK FOR YOURSELF!!!! Check out the property tax rates for these cities that surround the Airport College Park, Hapeville, Forest Park, Jonesboro and Riverdale.

Heck check out the tax for the City of Atlanta!! Now ask yourself three questions

Is this the kind of property taxes that I want to pay?

Do I really want to live in a Community like Atlanta, College Park, Forest Park, Jonesboro, Hapeville and Riverdale That has some of the highest crime rates in the South, Highest Taxes in the entire state, and the poorest schools etc.

Do my kids and grand kids deserve to go to School and grow up in a better place?

You will have a choice at the polls this week and May 24, 2016.

There is only one candidate in this race that is 100% opposed to allowing our County to become like the City of Atlanta and Clayton County.

The facts are clear.

Your vote for Robbie Dobson Chairman of the Board of Commissioners and Kirsten Liberty for House District 17 will be appreciated

• Like 1

Funny, Whitey ... I don't recall anyone BUT YOU suggesting that Silver Comet Field would be a regional hub for the city of Atlanta and HJIA.

What orifice did you pull that whopper out of??

pubby

Funny, Whitey ... I don't recall anyone BUT YOU suggesting that Silver Comet Field would be a regional hub for the city of Atlanta and HJIA.

pubby

I've seen property taxes cited NUMEROUS times as a reason to support commercialization.

Too many times to count... it's all right their in your archives.

8)

It was a while back and I don't feel like searching for links but I remember years ago reading that if the city of Atlanta would just let go of the political power it gets from controlling Hartsfield/Jackson and privatise the Airport the resulting revenue in fees would allow Fulton County to do away homeowner property taxes.

Edited by CitizenCain

Pubby

My MY You are slipping, That was the argument that the County attorneys used when appealing the bond case to the Georgia Supreme Court.

This has been raised several times.

Surely you did not fall for that BS that Larry and David was spewing about a couple of flights per week?

Common sense would tell you that two flights per week would not be financially feasible to sustain a airport.

Heck Brett was bolder than that he stated a Million passengers per year.. The REGIONAL HUB has been around since day one

pubby

My guess is Chip Lakes'.

It was a while back and I don't feel like searching for links but I remember years ago reading that if the city of Atlanta would just let go of the political power it gets from controlling Hartsfield/Jackson and privatise the Airport the resulting revenue in fees would allow Fulton County to do away homeowner property taxes.

Never heard that or read anything similar.

It is a proven fact a airport depreciates home values.

Clayton county has four cities that touch the airport property, and all four of the cities has huge city taxes as well as a huge county taxes, fact is they are among the highest in the state..

With all the jobs and businesses that are around the airport and the City of Atlanta you would think their taxes would be lower.

The fact is they are not. This is facts are derived from the State of Georgia Department of revenue and is irrefutable !!!.

OH.. BTW I used to live in Riverdale in the 70's I know what happened there, and it happened quickly!!!

pubby

Whitey git it from the transcript of the State Supreme Court case on the bond validation. The PCAA / IBA attorney (former Supreme Court judge presented this surprising information.

Bottom line if the airport went commercial your taxes will go up to support the infrastructure needed. Additionally the current general aviation airport has increased your taxes because it has not been profitable under the current leadership, and the authorities have taken out mortgages (bonds) that your grandchildren will be paying for when they start to work. I'd still like to know where the hell that airport crash truck is parked, ya know the $500,000 spent to purchase it from SPLOST $$$$

• Like 3

Bottom line if the airport went commercial your taxes will go up to support the infrastructure needed. Additionally the current general aviation airport has increased your taxes because it has not been profitable under the current leadership, and the authorities have taken out mortgages (bonds) that your grandchildren will be paying for when they start to work. I'd still like to know where the hell that airport crash truck is parked, ya know the $500,000 spent to purchase it from SPLOST $$$$

Funny you brought up SPLOST. I like it less and less. It generates higher and higher taxes every year. I have no issue with the purchase of new equipment for county services. Way too much of it is spent on more money pits to create a better and more attractive bedroom community. This is good for those in real-estate and service industry. Ultimately our millage rates will rise to cover the county employees needed to keep up all the pretties the SPLOST buys.

I voted NO on the SPLOST! I'm tired of it year after year after year and new parks at the courthouse and sidewalks to nowhere and an airport that sits empty that's costing us a fortune.

And no, it's not for the children.

• Like 4

If tonight's turnout at the post 4 town hall is an early indicator to voter turnout / apathy, then all candidates are in big trouble next week.

If you take out the candidates, department heads and anti airport folks from other parts of the county, I bet there weren't 2 dozen folks there from Seven Hills and Bentwater. While Tony isn't my horse, I do commend him for trying to get these neighborhoods involved.

This just solidified my opinion even more more that very, very few folks in this county, as a percentage of voters, give 2 squats about the issue that 15% of this county obsesses.

• Like 1

Whitey git it from the transcript of the State Supreme Court case on the bond validation. The PCAA / IBA attorney (former Supreme Court judge presented this surprising information.

In what context, mojo ... That if we don't pursue the project it will fail as a GA facility, the county will turn it back to the FAA who will turn it over to HJIA which will turn it into a secondary hub of HJIA? ... I can see local advocates bringing up that possibility ... I think I've even suggested that is one of the reasons Delta, et.al sought political control in Paulding ... so they can get the airport for their own.

pubby

In what context, mojo ... That if we don't pursue the project it will fail as a GA facility, the county will turn it back to the FAA who will turn it over to HJIA which will turn it into a secondary hub of HJIA? ... I can see local advocates bringing up that possibility ... I think I've even suggested that is one of the reasons Delta, et.al sought political control in Paulding ... so they can get the airport for their own.

pubby

Delta is coming!

Delta is coming!

GOOD!!

I hope they do come.

They will sure do a better job of running the airport than the current people have done.

And I can guarantee that they will do ONE HELL OF A BETTER JOB, then that scumbag Brett Smith will do.

So bring on Delta.

(for those that may not know, Delta is the company that has been successful in the commercial airline business, they are headquartered right here in GA, in fact, right here in Atlanta, they are considered to be a great company to work for and to have as a business partner)

(not to be confused with Propeller Investments, which is not a successful company at anything to do with aviation, nor are they headquartered locally, nor are they considered to be a good business partner, at least that is the impression one gets, since they are involved in lawsuits wherever they are trying to do airline business, ohhhhhh, if you need more information on them, you can see their CEO on video, running around like a flunky, putting private citizen's personal information out)

• Like 2

pubby

The airport is doomed to fail regardless, there is not a single person there that has any experience or a clue on how to run a airport of any type

• Like 1

The proponents of the Commercialization of our airport would have you believe that Commercial Passenger service would reduce your tax burden, improve the school system, and would build more roads ease traffic congestion etc. and if we would just agree to be the REGIONAL HUB airport for the City of Atlanta and Hartsfield Jackson International Airport then all our problems would be instantly solved.

Did you forget that most proponents of commercialization believe that Atlanta, Hartsfield and Delta are out to sabotage the airport for their own ends? I don't think I've ever heard any commercial airport supporters say they want commercialization for the benefit of those entities.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. I'm not sure if I should feel more sorry for you or anyone who listens to your drivel.

Edited by Nice Green
  • Like 2

The airport is doomed to fail regardless, there is not a single person there that has any experience or a clue on how to run a airport of any type

And yet, you continue to support the Chicken World 4, who are equally clueless on business development and infrastructure.

Unless some industrial development takes place in this county, and soon, get prepared for a huge millage increase. Homeowners are paying 75% of the tax burden now, and the demands for governmental services ain't going to go away.

When the millage rate goes up, that puts an effective lid on increased property values for resales. So when the property values stagnate and the demand for services and maintenance continues to grow, the cycle continues.

• Like 1

And yet, you continue to support the Chicken World 4, who are equally clueless on business development and infrastructure.

Unless some industrial development takes place in this county, and soon, get prepared for a huge millage increase. Homeowners are paying 75% of the tax burden now, and the demands for governmental services ain't going to go away.

When the millage rate goes up, that puts an effective lid on increased property values for resales. So when the property values stagnate and the demand for services and maintenance continues to grow, the cycle continues.

As I was told by one of the anti folks, WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR PROPERTY VALUE GOING DOWN.

Hand to God, the poster actually posted that.

Did you forget that most proponents of commercialization believe that Atlanta, Hartsfield and Delta are out to sabotage the airport for their own ends? I don't think I've ever heard any commercial airport supporters say they want commercialization for the benefit of those entities.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. I'm not sure if I should feel more sorry for you or anyone who listens to your drivel.

Sabotage what? The General Aviation Airport has been a complete failure for many years. Please tell me, how many jobs has the airport created? How much of taxpayers $$$$ has been spent since the opening of the airport?

Let me ask you this, did you not work under Blake at the PDOT?

• Like 1

Sabotage what? The General Aviation Airport has been a complete failure for many years. Please tell me, how many jobs has the airport created? How much of taxpayers $$$$ has been spent since the opening of the airport?

Let me ask you this, did you not work under Blake at the PDOT?

It's funny how the same people who are fighting the airport are often among the ones asking how many jobs the airport has created.

Maybe the airport could create jobs if a vocal few in the community wouldn't fight every effort for it to be successful.

And I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never worked for Blake, nor have I worked at PDOT.

• Like 3

Until the war is over and the pro airport people quit we will never have any business locate here.

Would you put your business in a place with a war going on between the powers that want to screw the people

and the people that don't want it. It is a losing proposition for everyone.

STOP THE BULL ABC ANYONE BUT CARMICHAEL

Until the war is over and the pro airport people quit we will never have any business locate here.

Would you put your business in a place with a war going on between the powers that want to screw the people

and the people that don't want it. It is a losing proposition for everyone.

STOP THE BULL ABC ANYONE BUT CARMICHAEL

As usual, you have things about 180* out of phase from the economic facts.

About 15% of Paulding's population is the vocal "anti's" who are, mostly, uneducated gullible foils of a conspiracy started by and funded by HJIA and Delta.

Industrial development will likely never happen in ANY county where there is no infrastructure to support, logistically, the growth of the business. And part of that infrastructure is a full-service airport.

We have a new guy in the position that Jame Gilbert held.

I think, from what little I have heard, that he is doing a good job.

I spoke with him for a few minutes after the town hall meeting.

One of the things that we discussed was water and sewage.

I cannot stress this enough, you are not EVER going to get large businesses and major companies to come to this county until you have space for them, with water and sewage.

We currently have very limited space that meets that qualification.

If you don't believe me, ask that guy.

You will never have a 5 story office building on septic tanks.

Monday - 1st floor uses the bathroom

Tuesday - 2nd floor uses the bathroom

Wednesday - 3rd floor uses the bathroom

Thursday - 4th floor uses the bathroom

Friday - 5th floor uses the bathroom

On the 1st Monday of every other month, no one uses the bathroom - septic tanks being pumped out

• Like 3

We have a new guy in the position that Jame Gilbert held.

I think, from what little I have heard, that he is doing a good job.

I spoke with him for a few minutes after the town hall meeting.

One of the things that we discussed was water and sewage.

I cannot stress this enough, you are not EVER going to get large businesses and major companies to come to this county until you have space for them, with water and sewage.

We currently have very limited space that meets that qualification.

If you don't believe me, ask that guy.

You will never have a 5 story office building on septic tanks.

Monday - 1st floor uses the bathroom

Tuesday - 2nd floor uses the bathroom

Wednesday - 3rd floor uses the bathroom

Thursday - 4th floor uses the bathroom

Friday - 5th floor uses the bathroom

On the 1st Monday of every other month, no one uses the bathroom - septic tanks being pumped out

Yes!! We have industrial parks practically empty that DO NOT have water and sewer to all the lots. Nor have they had soil tests done. That is the job of the IBA, NOT AIRPORTS. The tap fees are exorbitant, too. Robert Reynolds does seem to be very versed in what he's doing. I was impressed with him at the Town Hall Meeting.

This falls directly into the lap of the IBA and the Chamber of Commerce, both of which have been so focused on the airport, spending every available penny out there, what they should be doing is left hanging in the balance.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Just some more Bull chit on your part.

We have had a 60 acre industrial park at the airport since 2008.

We have had a contract with propeller to develop this industrial park agreed to by Dave Carmichael since October 2012.

We built a water tank on site three years ago, just sitting there mot being used.

A sewer line was extended from Vista lake to the Airport over two years ago for the Industrial park.

Then Carmichael and the Airport authority sprung the secret contract to provide two passenger flights per week to utilize the airport and spent Millions Tearing up a new terminal and expanding a taxiway for TWO FLIGHTS PER WEK and completely ignored the $5,000,000 plus spent to bring sewerage and water to a 60 acre industrial site at a General aviation airport.

WTH was Mr. Carmichael thinking about at those meeting?? I know he was doodling, he does that all the time.

There is only one business minded candidate in the race Robbie Dobson....... Name me one person in this race that has ever ran a business in the Chairman's race?

The Chamber never once tried to promote the Industrial Park, And neither did any of the previous commissioner prior to the new crew that has taken over.

Don, you would not run your business like that, and I dare say you would not hire Dave Carmichael to help you run and expand your business either.

As usual, you have things about 180* out of phase from the economic facts.

About 15% of Paulding's population is the vocal "anti's" who are, mostly, uneducated gullible foils of a conspiracy started by and funded by HJIA and Delta.

Industrial development will likely never happen in ANY county where there is no infrastructure to support, logistically, the growth of the business. And part of that infrastructure is a full-service airport.

We built one but they didn't come... Now what?

Well then why don't you provide an updated list because I got that one from the airport site.

Well then why don't you provide an updated list because I got that one from the airport site.

The make up of the IBA and the PCAA is presently in Litigation. Doris Devey lost the Mayors race in Hiram and is now replaced by Teresa Phillyaw, Underwood resigned about two years ago and was replaced by Buzzelli and that is in Litigation. David Austin will be replace 1/1/2017.Alan Shipp has been removed and is in Litigation. The Tidmore term expired and is in litigation and he has not been to the last few meetings.

It is not unusual for the airport authority to not be up to date on appointments..