Paulding.com

Confessions of a Congressman.

An anonymous congressman just published a shocking book confirming your worst fears about Congress

Get ready to shatter all your idealistic illusions about how government works.

A forthcoming book called The Confessions of Congressman X, purportedly written by a sitting (and rumored to be Democratic) congressman, promises to be an anonymous revelation of everything terrible you've always suspected about America's representatives in Washington. Choice quotes about Congress include:

• "Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them."
  • "My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything."
  • "Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/623969/anonymous-congressman-just-published-shocking-book-confirming-worst-fears-about-congress

• "Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them."
  • "My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything."
  • "Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost."

None of that sounds shocking at all.

Edited by cptlo306
  • Like 2

We let it happen. We let these jokers con us.

Oh, and if you look at the numbers, in those places where you can't walk from one side of a district to another in a day on foot - i.e. the more rural - most of the representatives are Republican. In fact, the vast majority of rural Congressmen are Republican these days.

Bottom line, it is our fault, we elected them.

pubby

Pubby wasted no time demonstrating is hatred of Republicans.

It is not hatred. It is a reasoned lack of high respect for those who choose to live the life of a the bigot ... even if it is closeted and exhibited by their following a bigot ... or maybe a person playing a bigot. That said, I would only class a little less than 30 percent of those who subscribe to conservatism or republicanism as bigots. Finally, I would class somewhere upwards of 20 percent of Democrats as bigots.

Bigotry and small mindedness being pretty much endemic, I think that the percentages of the unaffiliated (party-wise) are probably higher.

I would, by definition suggest that if we have an argument, it would be over the level of bigotry rather than its existence ...

That said, I can tell from your 'all or nothing' mindset, you think otherwise; hence your exceedingly broad brush suggesting I hate all republicans.

pubby

PS: You should also know that I understand why some suggest the importance of the III% ... that's three percent ... because that is the total percentage sum of patriots who actually took up arms against the British in the revolution. The reality is that typically a small percent of the people are in active roles in the social order. I would say of the larger percentage of bigots in the GOP, those who are, are more active in the social order of that group than others. That, of course, would include elected officials.

pubby-

Twice in one night that you roll into a thread and pull the issue of bigotry out of thin air.

Bigotry must be your obsession of the night.

Of course, that was after you launched yet another of your partisan attacks in reaction to an article that really wasn't partisan. The alleged remarks from the congressman appeared to be toward other members of congress in general, not Republicans.

Since you went there, the article says the anonymous congressman making the allegations is rumored to be a Democrat, and he cites his "colleagues". So if we were going to make a leap like that, it would be that he was specifically referring to his Democratic colleagues. But none of us took such a leap until you rolled in with your usual bashing and illogical references that have no connection to the topic or discussion.

I'm seriously starting to question your mental health.

• Like 1

Pubby, partisan buffoonery. The massive dose of cynicism you must exhibit must be a heavy burden.

To the less cynical....

60 minutes ran a piece the other night, where congressmen were spending 4 hours a day fundraising.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-are-members-of-congress-becoming-telemarketers/http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-are-members-of-congress-becoming-telemarketers/

- Jamie

Pubby, partisan buffoonery. The massive dose of cynicism you must exhibit must be a heavy burden.

To the less cynical....

60 minutes ran a piece the other night, where congressmen were spending 4 hours a day fundraising.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-are-members-of-congress-becoming-telemarketers/http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-are-members-of-congress-becoming-telemarketers/

- Jamie

I'm no more cynical than others. I will say that campaign finance reform has generally been a more progressive position held by a larger portion of the democratic party. A second observation is that money as speech is an invention of the (formerly five) but now four GOP appointed justices in a partisan split on the court who are literally forcing the congress to first pass a constitutional amendment to enact campaign finance reform.

To suggest that the status quo in regard to campaign finance reform is tenable is idiocy but with both houses of Congress in the hands of the do-nothing GOP ... that the status quo seems to be the plan is the only observation ... oh and that the GOP ideological stance is again, mindless.

pubby

pubby-

Twice in one night that you roll into a thread and pull the issue of bigotry out of thin air.

Bigotry must be your obsession of the night.

Of course, that was after you launched yet another of your partisan attacks in reaction to an article that really wasn't partisan. The alleged remarks from the congressman appeared to be toward other members of congress in general, not Republicans.

Since you went there, the article says the anonymous congressman making the allegations is rumored to be a Democrat, and he cites his "colleagues". So if we were going to make a leap like that, it would be that he was specifically referring to his Democratic colleagues. But none of us took such a leap until you rolled in with your usual bashing and illogical references that have no connection to the topic or discussion.

I'm seriously starting to question your mental health.

No shame on getting help for any illness.

Including, white guilt and wealth envy.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's all the white man's fault.

You know, I'm glad you said that because it tells me that is what you think. However low, let me implore you to try and stop putting words in my mouth or even thinking that you have the capacity to think what I think because if you think you have the slightest understanding you're failing miserably.

I would encourage you to check this link out, though.

pubby

You know, I'm glad you said that because it tells me that is what you think. However low, let me implore you to try and stop putting words in my mouth or even thinking that you have the capacity to think what I think because if you think you have the slightest understanding you're failing miserably.

pubby

Just because you were born into privilege does not mean that all of us were so lucky...

;)

pubby - Let me implore you to stop stirring the pot. Keeping this issue stirred up only makes it worse, which is what some people actually want.

The pathway to racial harmony is to stop seeing each other as being different and stop keeping the sins of our past alive by rehashing them.

Simply seeing each other as equals and fellow human beings is the solution.

pubby

OMG. I don't feel guilty at all for being white.

If you're so miserable and guilty being white, why don't you live your life as a black man so your so called empathy can be felt.

You're really too much.

• Like 1

OMG. I don't feel guilty at all for being white.

If you're so miserable and guilty being white, why don't you live your life as a black man so your so called empathy can be felt.

You're really too much.

I've been saying it, he needs some serious help.

He really believes that crap.

The self loathing that he has for himself because he was born white and into a lower upper class or higher middle class home, is nothing short of sad.

But his insistence on putting his personal issues with race and money, onto others, is not only offensive, but is a sign of someone who has trouble telling what's true and what's false.

Then you factor in the, "you don't understand or agree with what I am saying", because you are; A: not smart enough, B: blinded by your prejudices or C: are not privy to the information I have; and you have the classic signs of...well, you guys can figure it out.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 1

If you truly believe as I do that we are all equal, then there is no reason to feel guilty over your skin color. Whether black, white, yellow, or Smurf blue; be happy and proud of who and what you are. Each of us is one of God's unique creations. What higher honor could there be?

If you truly believe as I do that we are all equal, then there is no reason to feel guilty over your skin color. Whether black, white, yellow, or Smurf blue; be happy and proud of who and what you are. Each of us is one of God's unique creations. What higher honor could there be?

Except for the part where you are intellectually superior to everyone else ? But never mind , preach on Preacher !

...... Can I get Amen ?

Any time you you feel masochist enough to compare intellect with me, I'm ready.
Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

Except for the part where you are intellectually superior to everyone else ? But never mind , preach on Preacher !

...... Can I get Amen ?

When God was giving out brains, some people thought he said trains, and asked for a slow one.

BTW, I don't think I'm intellectually superior to everyone else. But I do think one person in particular got left out in that respect.

Regardless...none of that has any bearing on one's value as a human being, which is what I was referring to in my post above.

• Like 1

When God was giving out brains, some people thought he said trains, and asked for a slow one.

BTW, I don't think I'm intellectually superior to everyone else. But I do think one person in particular got left out in that respect.

Regardless...none of that has any bearing on one's value as a human being, which is what I was referring to in my post above.

Personal insults and baiting. That's nice. Your slip is showing. Edited by Rocky's Mom

And the self hatred continues.

Yes, but it's more than that.

Since pubby has made this blatantly political...

He is working the DNC narrative, paint all Republicans as being racist. It doesn't matter one bit that it's largely untrue; it's their strategy. Has been for some time now. It started with Lyndon Johnson's "southern strategy".

President Lyndon Johnson (D) actually said "we'll have those ni***s voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

Support for that claim from a source that leans heavily to the left. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relentless-conservative/the-democratic-partys-two_b_933995.html

They're still working it., and pubby is being a good soldier for the party.

That's not the only thing they use.

The Democrats have hijacked several social issues for the purpose of getting people to vote with their emotions.

-Aboooortion

-Same-sex marriage

-Social Security

How many times have the Democrats said that the Republicans would take those things away?

Abooortion is still legal

Same-Sex marriage is now legal and will likely stay that way

We continue to prop Social Security up with even more borrowed money

And the newest "emotional vote" issue that the Democrats have adopted? Yep, the transgender issue. Just look at what Obama has told all public schools to do if they want to continue to receive federal funding (AKA get back a little bit of our OWN money we gave them in taxes)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/05/13/transgender-bathroom-school-obama-locker-room-gender-identity/

Do you think the Democrats actually give a single crap about these issues or people? Nope, they don't. Otherwise they wouldn't use them like this. They are just a tool for the DNC.

This is today's Democratic Party.

This is pubby, the loyal foot soldier of the Democratic Party.

Now you know why he posts what he does.

• Like 2