Paulding.com

Climbing Rose Fans: Looking For The Name Of One

I am totally unaware of what you are looking for.

My favorite was what we had planted as child. It is a great climber, easy to root and smells wonderful. It is the New Dawn. The only color I am aware of is pink, although, it may come in different colors.

I have this, my granddaddy dug it up one day and brought it to my mama, she renamed it Daddy's Roses, and now I have renamed it Grandaddy's Roses... smell so good, and low maintaince. I have it on a chain link fence at the back gate.

Okay, I may need a little help here.

First, I was off on the name: It's called a Cecile Brunner rose and secondly it's known as both a climbing and a rambling rose (I always thought that was just a Nat King Cole tune - not much of a horticulturist, am I :crazy: ?)

A fellow musician friend in Oregon was telling me about this pink rose last night, but due to my short term memory loss, I forgot the name and came up with one of my own, I reckon.

Anyway, back to the subject: Can a rambling rose also climb? (I'm thinking of "rambling" as only running along the ground). My friend wants to send me a cutting and I want to try to see if she'll climb up my magnolia trees.

I hope that provides a little more information and that someone can help. In re-reading this I can see I can use a lot of it!

Thanks

CR :give_rose:

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

I'm not much into this plant thing (some are into it big time) but I have grown roses and I think roses do well in the sun pretty much on their own. And as far as I know a rambling rose is one that does well with a support, like a fence that it can grow on.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Order Roses Online: Earthkind

Cecile Brunner

Perfectly shaped, little pink buds earned Cecile Brunner its nickname, "The Sweetheart Rose." It is a treasure and should be in every garden where it will bloom from mid-Spring until frost. The bush form remains compact, putting up sprays of lightly fragrant flowers that look like tiny, high-centered Hybrid Teas. Long lived and healthy, Cecile Brunner tolerates everything from poor soil to partial shade .

3 to 4 feet Z5-9 R Fr

Availability: Limited Qty $19.95

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

I too have a "brown thumb", but my musician friend (a paraplegic Marine) has inspired me to try this gardening thing and because I'm so impressed with both his and his wife's strength and perseverance, I'd like to try and send him the pictures.

He has sent me some pictures, but I can't seem to convert the files or I'd post them here.

Thanks again.

CR

Edited by Christopher Robin