Paulding.com

A question about choice

With the recent discussion about people being able to choose what bathroom they use based basically on how they feel that day, a question arises: We have been told for years that a woman should have the right to choose and that choice is a good thing. What about the women who choose NOT use a stall next to a man who self identifies as a woman? Why doesn't she get the right to choose here as well? If choice is good, why doesn't it apply here? If she should have the right to choose in other areas of her personal life, should she not also have the choice of privacy in the ladies room?

I have no idea what the percentage of women who do not want men in their bathrooms would be, but I would guess it would be over 50%. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that is a safe guess. So to impose this against the will of a large number and percentage of women sounds very unfair to the women. In fact, it sounds like a war on women waged by people who are pushing this agenda. Why don't THESE women who prefer privacy in the bathroom get the right to choose as well? Why is this being forced on them?

• Like 1

Again, I say, I have always used the woman's bathroom when the men's bathroom is out of order. I am not about to urinate in public what there was a bathroom available. Of course, if the bathroom is occupied, I would be forced to urinate behind a tree or something.

There are scenarios being pulled out of the magician's hat, but unless there is a genitalia detective at every bathroom there is no way to know. What does a woman's choice have to do with the inspection of genitalia?

I don't even understand how Freedom Of Religion has to do with genitalia inspection, in order to decide what bathroom you should use.

Are we going to have to produce our birth certificates to use the bathroom?

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

Again, I say, I have always used the woman's bathroom when the men's bathroom is out of order. I am not about to urinate in public what there was a bathroom available. Of course, if the bathroom is occupied, I would be forced to urinate behind a tree or something.

There are scenarios being pulled out of the magician's hat, but unless there is a genitalia detective at every bathroom there is no way to know. What does a woman's choice have to do with the inspection of genitalia?

.......alrighty then.
  • Like 1

Ok I'll jump in..why can't they have a 3rd bathroom so we would have male, female and undecided? And then they say to use whatever bathroom you want according to how you feel that day? Ok what about at school...kids will be kids and boys may think it would be cool to use the girls bathroom or girls use boys...do we need restroom monitors? I say leave it like it is..or add the unisex 3rd bathroom ....and before I get slammed for being a homophobic I say this ..I raised a homosexual son..I loved him to the moon and back..I told him I accepted him for who and what he was..not that I understood it ..but we loved each other...but no matter how much I loved him I wouldn't like to share a stall with him.and that has nothing to do with love.

Edited by OSU
  • Like 3

You do realize this was a non issue until a few Right Wing Yahoo's made it one. Not because our bathrooms were suddenly being invaded by an army of transexuals but because these politicans wanted to fire up the base and remain in public office. And the public swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.

Like the book "Confession of Congressman X " said,

• "It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification."
Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 3

I don't care if some dude wants to come in the ladies room, just as I figure a guy wouldn't get all bent out of shape if I went into the men's room. I have more of a issue with the little kids that stick their heads under the stalls as I'm going potty, well then I do have a problem with the male sex. I don't want to scar the little guy for life. :crazy:

• Like 2

I asked my daughter how she would feel if a classmate of her's was transexual and felt more comfortable in the ladies room. She said it wouldn't bother her. I think most people weren't bothered by it until they were told to be.

• Like 3

You do realize this was a non issue until a few Right Wing Yahoo's made it one. Not because our bathrooms were suddenly being invaded by an army of transexuals but because these politicans wanted to fire up the base and remain in public office. And the public swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.

I agree it was a non issue but the feud started in Charlotte and the Governor of NC didn't like it. Keep in mind he is the former Mayor of Charlotte and it appears he has a flipping bad taste for the current one. They passed the HB2 in less than 10 hours with the Governor signing off on it. Keep in mind there are other issues buried in the HB2. McCrory is a one term Governor and up for re-election which has gone downhill. He will not win that. I reside in Wilmington, NC and this mess has driven off lots of commerce

• Like 1

It just seems like we have many more pressing issues to deal with. However, I would be very unhappy if I had a school age daughter and a teenage boy was using the bathroom or showering next to her. I would also be unhappy if a girl were doing that next to my school age son as well. What stops a boy from saying he identifies as a woman just to go in the bathroom or shower with a teenage girl who does not want to be seen? Boys have been known to lie to see a woman naked. They boy says he identifies as a girl...then what? God help anyone who might possibly question whether the boys feelings were real or just a convenient, government sponsored excuse to see some young girl naked? What about the feelings of the kids who DO NOT want to be exposed to members of the opposite sex? Are their feelings and expectation of privacy simply ignored? Do we just tell them "too bad"? And someone suggested monitors. What gender would those monitors be? This whole thing, regardless of how it started, opens up a huge Pandora's box.

If this is such a good idea, I am sure the President would have no problem putting his teenage girls in public school, removing their Secret Service protection and letting boys go to the bathroom and/or shower with them. If he is our leader, he should lead by example and let his girls be exposed to this first. If it's good for the children of the residents, then it should also be good enough for the children of the President.

It just seems like we have many more pressing issues to deal with. However, I would be very unhappy if I had a school age daughter and a teenage boy was using the bathroom or showering next to her. I would also be unhappy if a girl were doing that next to my school age son as well. What stops a boy from saying he identifies as a woman just to go in the bathroom or shower with a teenage girl who does not want to be seen? Boys have been known to lie to see a woman naked. They boy says he identifies as a girl...then what? God help anyone who might possibly question whether the boys feelings were real or just a convenient, government sponsored excuse to see some young girl naked? What about the feelings of the kids who DO NOT want to be exposed to members of the opposite sex? Are their feelings and expectation of privacy simply ignored? Do we just tell them "too bad"? And someone suggested monitors. What gender would those monitors be? This whole thing, regardless of how it started, opens up a huge Pandora's box.

If this is such a good idea, I am sure the President would have no problem putting his teenage girls in public school, removing their Secret Service protection and letting boys go to the bathroom and/or shower with them. If he is our leader, he should lead by example and let his girls be exposed to this first. If it's good for the children of the residents, then it should also be good enough for the children of the President.

I do not understand why this became an issue as it has. But what is the difference from a teenage gay boy checking out the junk on another boy in the locker room or a lesbian checking out if a girl has blossomed yet in the shower? Maybe private stalls. Like you mentioned, who is going to monitor and enforce this.

• Like 1

This issue started with the Charlotte ordinance...

8)

This issue started with the Charlotte ordinance...

8)

Yep. I guess the sites Cain reads don't tell the truth about this issue either.

The LBGT side fired the first shots. Only then did the pushback begin.

https://baptistnews.com/2016/05/13/seven-things-im-learning-about-transgender-persons/#.VzX3bWFt89w.facebook

Please read this article....you will be surprised at the information it contains

That's a very good read and breaks it down so that's it understandable.

I think I know the difference. I grew up when Christine Jorgensen came out.

In all actuality I don't think any true transgender wants to draw attention to themselves. I've probably been in the bathroom with one and didn't know it. And that's okay.

Pedophiles attack children for sexual pleasure. They're usually white men. I don't know why.

As the article stated, gay people are attracted to the same sex.

I think most gay people are born that way. I do know of some that have tried same sex experiences and chose both. That would be bisexual. I never meant that being gay is a choice.

Being transgender is a gender identification issue.

As far as this bathroom nonsense, I don't understand.

If you're transgender dressing as a man use the men's room. If you're transgender dressing as a woman use the women's restroom.

If you're looking to sexually aggressively attack a child or woman, you are a pervert and a criminal and need to go to jail regardless of which restroom you use.

• Like 5

I know the difference. I grew up when Christine Jorgensen came out.

In all actuality I don't think any true transgender wants to draw attention to themselves. I've probably been in the bathroom with one and didn't know it. And that's okay.

Pedophiles attack children for sexual pleasure. They're usually white men. I don't know why.

Pedophelia and being gay is a sexual choice.

If you're transgender dressing as a man use the men's room. If your transgender dressing as a woman use the women's restroom.

If you're looking to sexually aggressively attack a child or woman, you are a pervert and a criminal and need to go to jail regardless of which restroom you use.

You think people choose to be gay ?

I think I know the difference. I grew up when Christine Jorgensen came out.

I think most gay people are born that way. I do know of some that have tried same sex experiences and chose both. That would be bisexual. I never meant that being gay is a choice.

If you're transgender dressing as a man use the men's room. If you're transgender dressing as a woman use the women's restroom.

:clapping: