Paulding.com

Got my first negative political flyer today in the mail.

This thread started out about Howard's ugly mailer, packed full of mis-truth and inuendos, somehow it migrated to the School Board race.

Here's what I know about the booster club, and this did not come from a school board member or a candidate running for a school board seat. My information is based on this post here from 2014: http://paulding.com/forum/topic/312397-east-paulding-football-booster-club-issues/?hl=%20east%20%20paulding%20%20field%20%20house

I called asked questions and got the information about the loan and the builder/developer. I still think the Booster Club got a raw deal, but I have no control over how anyone handled it. The way I see it, the bank manipulated the loan and moved the obligation to someone other than the originator of the loan.

Mr. Cone attacked a lot of people in this thread. No one is trying to destroy any youth program, especially me. I have spent the last 30 years working in various youth programs and know how hard the kids and parents work.

I have a couple of more questions and I'm done with this thread. Is the Football Booster Club a 501 c3? If so, did they use a different 501 c3 to conduct a fundraiser? Was a donation made from one 501 c3 to the booster club?

I have no horse in this race except seeing my friends beat up by someone I don't even know and kids/parents struggling to have a great program.

I will be talking to others to get the answers to these questions I posted here. I know my sources are reliable and are NOT connected to the booster club or the BOE or any candidate.

• Like 2
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stoner medical oil? I've never heard of that. Medicinal cannabis oil is legal for certain ailments but it's not legal to buy or sell in Ga. Which obviously makes perfect sense. So basically, if a moth

I'm confused, is Boss Hog....I mean Howard Maxwell against medical cannabis oil? If so, what is his reasoning or does he even have reasons. Are they based on ignorance and fear? Is he really for ha

I do know her firsthand....actually sat on Paulding County School Board with her....Kathy West is the name. I know what i'm talking about.   Mr. Randy Cone, You did pull some immature, bully tactic

Posted Images

Perhaps you should tell your wife to do the same. As for me using my screen name, and others as well...... the kicker is a lot of people already know who we are IRL.

The difference being one is using a screen name to perpetrate lies.

I have discussed this thread with people in the know. No you didn’t. You’ve discussed this with people who have all heard the story second hand but have no direct knowledge that any of this happened. If you ask you’ll find that they heard it from someone who heard it from someone else. It will all lead to one person who told them the story. Yeah, seems like he was asking questions that y'all didn't want to answer. Every single question was answered…..multiple times. Every person who has bothered to sit down and listen and review the numbers has voted to keep selling the fireworks and not a single one of them has found that any wrong doing took place. As far as him not being there for whatever, was that before or after y'all didn't give him the correct contact information for the sponsors? COMPLETE FABRICATION. That never happened. You’ll find that this story all leads back to one person as well. The great thing about being involved with the organization is that when the emails and documentation is passed around you can see the time line and the multiple times the sponsor information was addressed and, presented and confirmed. Again…TOTAL FABRICATION.

Don’t take my word for it. Talk to Amanda Harmon. She’s the one accused of doing it. She has all the emails showing that the story is false. Speak to Reverend Morgan as well.

What happened with your touch down club is a damn shame, and as long as it is on your touch down club that's fine, but when you want the taxpayers to pay for something that should never have been done then it becomes everybody's business. No one has suggested that the tax payers do anything. The members voted to pay off the loan and no other recommendation has been approved or discussed. Again, False information.. No taxpayer I know I wouldn't have put my name on a loan that was made in someone else name. I'm sure there are other people who are glad your wife did.. it was do that or disband the booster club. according to Dr. Fraker.

So 50.000 was the boy scouts cut of the fireworks sale? What is so wrong about asking where that much money went to? Sounds like the fireworks stand was quite lucrative.

There is NO $50,000. No donation to the Boy Scouts. Never was at all. That’s ridiculous. I have no idea where that lie came from. Don’t take my word for it though. All fund raisers have to be approved by the school. Talk to Mr. Freeman and Mr. Daws. They had to review the books because of one person making that allegation. And guess what? Not a penny was out of place, nothing untoward happened. The entire project was clean as a whistle. The numbers were presented to the membership and every aspect of it was explained in detail. The membership voted to do it again.

I also understand that you have a personal beef with Steve that goes beyond this. As adults most of us are able to look at the big picture. I have an issue with someone wanting a public office that makes false accusations and spreads rumors and gossip that aren’t even close to being true. THAT is a big picture issue.

RaidersRock, Tundra, and I are not in any way trying to bring down the booster club, or those boys. They deserve so much better. I also don't think that anyone has accused anyone of stealing anything. Yeah? Tell that to the long list of school administrators who were dragged into meetings to review the books on this fund raiser time and again because one person kept insisting that there MUST be something illegal going on. Each time it was cleared, another administrator was called and asked to meet. Each time nothing untoward was found and everything cleared. To the point that the school will no longer hear any accusations on the subject. Now that same person is spreading the story around P.com. There have been questions asked and not really answered. False. Every question has been answered multiple times. From what I understand there were several fundraisers offered and none were agreed upon. FALSE. The only plans that were not put into place weren’t feasible or wouldn’t be approved by the administration. Some were put into play that failed miserably. The program is in a really really bad spot, but if the school board was to vote to give y'all the money to satisfy the loan, then they would have to give the same amount to all the other schools. ???? No one has asked the school system to pay the loan. They ARE NOT paying anything off. That's not being fiscally responsible to all of the tax payers.

I just want to know why we should vote for someone who may or may not be at the meetings, doesn't ask questions, and just goes along with whatever the yes vote is. I have yet to have an answer to that question. Theresa asks questions. When the agenda is presented before the meetings and is prepared to discuss the facts. NOT as a show in front of people. She wasn’t at the janitor vote. I never said she was there.

Can you point to an instance where she “went along”? Or is that just a repeated story?

How many of those BOE meetings did you personally attend?

You know what you did....I promise you it's okay for people to agree to disagree. Getting angry is not going to sway anyone's mind. We all have knowledge of the candidates and will vote based on what we believe it right for the school system, county, state, etc. I just pray that everyone truly does their homework before they vote. Have any voters ever actually attended a school board meeting and watched school board member in action? Have any voters every actually attended a commissioner's meeting and watched them in action? ETC. It is vitally important to research and be informed...

Yes to all of those questions.

Perhaps you should tell your wife to do the same. As for me using my screen name, and others as well...... the kicker is a lot of people already know who we are IRL.

The difference being one is using a screen name to perpetrate lies. I'm asking questions not perpetrating lies. Your the one who keeps on with the whole "use your real name, just asking you to be constant even with your wife."

I have discussed this thread with people in the know. No you didn’t. You’ve discussed this with people who have all heard the story second hand but have no direct knowledge that any of this happened. If you ask you’ll find that they heard it from someone who heard it from someone else. It will all lead to one person who told them the story. Yeah, seems like he was asking questions that y'all didn't want to answer. Every single question was answered…..multiple times. Every person who has bothered to sit down and listen and review the numbers has voted to keep selling the fireworks and not a single one of them has found that any wrong doing took place. You don't know who I have talked to, so that would be a false statement. As far as him not being there for whatever, was that before or after y'all didn't give him the correct contact information for the sponsors? COMPLETE FABRICATION. That never happened. You’ll find that this story all leads back to one person as well. The great thing about being involved with the organization is that when the emails and documentation is passed around you can see the time line and the multiple times the sponsor information was addressed and, presented and confirmed. Again…TOTAL FABRICATION.

Don’t take my word for it. Talk to Amanda Harmon. She’s the one accused of doing it. She has all the emails showing that the story is false. Speak to Reverend Morgan as well.

What happened with your touch down club is a damn shame, and as long as it is on your touch down club that's fine, but when you want the taxpayers to pay for something that should never have been done then it becomes everybody's business. No one has suggested that the tax payers do anything. The members voted to pay off the loan and no other recommendation has been approved or discussed. Again, False information.. No taxpayer I know I wouldn't have put my name on a loan that was made in someone else name. I'm sure there are other people who are glad your wife did.. it was do that or disband the booster club. according to Dr. Fraker.

I never said it had been asked, however because you seem to not say why I should vote FOR Theresa over Steve, I made the jump to that POSSIBLITY.

So 50.000 was the boy scouts cut of the fireworks sale? What is so wrong about asking where that much money went to? Sounds like the fireworks stand was quite lucrative.

There is NO $50,000. No donation to the Boy Scouts. Never was at all. That’s ridiculous. I have no idea where that lie came from. Don’t take my word for it though. All fund raisers have to be approved by the school. Talk to Mr. Freeman and Mr. Daws. They had to review the books because of one person making that allegation. And guess what? Not a penny was out of place, nothing untoward happened. The entire project was clean as a whistle. The numbers were presented to the membership and every aspect of it was explained in detail. The membership voted to do it again.

OK, where did this alleged donation come from? Truthfully if the BS helped out and the TD club gave them a cut, I don't see that as a problem. However if they didn't help and there was no donation then where did this come from?

I also understand that you have a personal beef with Steve that goes beyond this. As adults most of us are able to look at the big picture. I have an issue with someone wanting a public office that makes false accusations and spreads rumors and gossip that aren’t even close to being true. THAT is a big picture issue.

I understand that, however I don't know that either of you are being as honest as you say. My concern isn't with the EP TD club, my concern is am I voting for the right person, does that person have all of our students interest at heart.

RaidersRock, Tundra, and I are not in any way trying to bring down the booster club, or those boys. They deserve so much better. I also don't think that anyone has accused anyone of stealing anything. Yeah? Tell that to the long list of school administrators who were dragged into meetings to review the books on this fund raiser time and again because one person kept insisting that there MUST be something illegal going on. Each time it was cleared, another administrator was called and asked to meet. Each time nothing untoward was found and everything cleared. To the point that the school will no longer hear any accusations on the subject. Now that same person is spreading the story around P.com. I was referring to Tundra and myself, not anything or anyone else. There have been questions asked and not really answered. False. Every question has been answered multiple times. No it hasn't From what I understand there were several fundraisers offered and none were agreed upon. FALSE. The only plans that were not put into place weren’t feasible or wouldn’t be approved by the administration. Some were put into play that failed miserably.So there were fundraisers offered and either turned down or just didn't bring in what y'all hoped they would, Hence my statement was not FALSE The program is in a really really bad spot, but if the school board was to vote to give y'all the money to satisfy the loan, then they would have to give the same amount to all the other schools. ???? No one has asked the school system to pay the loan. They ARE NOT paying anything off. That's not being fiscally responsible to all of the tax payers.

I just want to know why we should vote for someone who may or may not be at the meetings, doesn't ask questions, and just goes along with whatever the yes vote is. I have yet to have an answer to that question. Theresa asks questions. When the agenda is presented before the meetings and is prepared to discuss the facts. NOT as a show in front of people. She wasn’t at the janitor vote. I never said she was there. You held that vote out as one she voted on, and that's not true.

Can you point to an instance where she “went along”? Or is that just a repeated story?

Unfortunately, I think I was responsible for the wrong turn in this thread. I noted the connection that I know exists between Howard, Virginia, Glen, Paulette, and Theresa. That, along with knowledge I have from when they first became active in the Paulding County Republican Party, turns me off. I truly don't want to sling mud but these connections make me uncomfortable. Sorry for the wrong turn... -_-

Ever notice that when something "blows up", such as that fieldhouse deal at EPHS, and you look at the names of the people involved, they are always the same names or relatives of people involved in other controversial issues or disasters.

And, usually there are the same people or, again, relatives, making money on these fiascos.

Why does the word "incestuous" always come to mind when I think of Paulding County politics and county business.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think I was responsible for the wrong turn in this thread. I noted the connection that I know exists between Howard, Virginia, Glen, Paulette, and Theresa. That, along with knowledge I have from when they first became active in the Paulding County Republican Party, turns me off. I truly don't want to sling mud but these connections make me uncomfortable. Sorry for the wrong turn... -_-

It's OK, I just wanted to know why I should vote for Theresa, but instead I got a whole lot of why I shouldn't vote for Steve. Also this started out about Maxwell, and Liberty, and his very much lie filled mailers. However it has digressed into what it is

• Like 1

It's all good, I'm with you.........these people are long time friends and have been part of Paulding County politics for a very long time. While this is Virginia's first run at an elected office, she has been politically active for years.

Howard's mailer was ugly, full of lies, and very unprofessional. He is no gentleman, twisting words and printing lies is not very becoming of a sitting State Representative.

• Like 3

Got another mud flinging flyer against Liberty yesterday, couldn't even find the address on it to see who was sponsoring it. I guess my color blindness made the shade change too hard to see.

I may have some question on some of Liberty's stances, but I am *sick* of the mud flinging. I have been pleased that other than Maxwell and his supporters the flyers have been pretty positive. Howard and his supporters seem to be the only ones doing it so far.

• Like 2

This thread started out about Howard's ugly mailer, packed full of mis-truth and inuendos, somehow it migrated to the School Board race.

Here's what I know about the booster club, and this did not come from a school board member or a candidate running for a school board seat. My information is based on this post here from 2014: http://paulding.com/forum/topic/312397-east-paulding-football-booster-club-issues/?hl=%20east%20%20paulding%20%20field%20%20house

I called asked questions and got the information about the loan and the builder/developer. I still think the Booster Club got a raw deal, but I have no control over how anyone handled it. The way I see it, the bank manipulated the loan and moved the obligation to someone other than the originator of the loan.

Mr. Cone attacked a lot of people in this thread. No one is trying to destroy any youth program, especially me. I have spent the last 30 years working in various youth programs and know how hard the kids and parents work.

I have a couple of more questions and I'm done with this thread. Is the Football Booster Club a 501 c3? If so, did they use a different 501 c3 to conduct a fundraiser? Was a donation made from one 501 c3 to the booster club?

I have no horse in this race except seeing my friends beat up by someone I don't even know and kids/parents struggling to have a great program.

I will be talking to others to get the answers to these questions I posted here. I know my sources are reliable and are NOT connected to the booster club or the BOE or any candidate.

I can answer this. Yes we work with another 501c3 whose sole purpose is to raise money and donate it to organizations. The EPFBC is a 501c3. We work with this non profit to do the fireworks and in turn for us supplying the staff for the fireworks stand they make a donation to EPFBC. If is very cut and dry. The booster club has no financial investment in the fireworks other than time and the opening bank( which is recouped very quickly). We have no obligation to the fireworks vendor for the product. The nonprofit we work with has worked with churches, and other organization to help them raise funds. Nothing is out of line or illegal. They have several references and have helped not only football but East Wrestling to raise money. Simply put we supply the labor to run the stores and they make a donation to us. The sale last year raise a large sum of money for the booster club and the checks were presented to the booster club. Not sure why this fundraiser is such an issue. Even the fireworks vendor sent an email to Mr. Freeman and Mr. Daws explaining how it works. Because this is so successful many of the other local high school booster clubs have inquired on how to get started with this fundraiser.

I can answer this. Yes we work with another 501c3 whose sole purpose is to raise money and donate it to organizations. The EPFBC is a 501c3. We work with this non profit to do the fireworks and in turn for us supplying the staff for the fireworks stand they make a donation to EPFBC. If is very cut and dry. The booster club has no financial investment in the fireworks other than time and the opening bank( which is recouped very quickly). We have no obligation to the fireworks vendor for the product. The nonprofit we work with has worked with churches, and other organization to help them raise funds. Nothing is out of line or illegal. They have several references and have helped not only football but East Wrestling to raise money. Simply put we supply the labor to run the stores and they make a donation to us. The sale last year raise a large sum of money for the booster club and the checks were presented to the booster club. Not sure why this fundraiser is such an issue. Even the fireworks vendor sent an email to Mr. Freeman and Mr. Daws explaining how it works. Because this is so successful many of the other local high school booster clubs have inquired on how to get started with this fundraiser.

So you're telling us a non-profit organization, EPFBC works through a different non-profit organization(?? Name ??) for fundraisers? Then that non-profit turns around and makes a donation to EPFBC? Is that correct?

Are any of the EPFBC members related to or have a financial interest in the members of the other non-profit? Did that "other non-profit" perhaps make a donation to the BSA, is that where the confusion has come from?

Edited by tundra

For any additional information regarding the fireworks fundraiser please contact Jason Freeman or Alan Daws at East Paulding High School. All fundraisers must be approved by school administration. They have all the information you are asking. I have been instructed not to list specific information on social media. If anyone has further questions these gentlemen are the best resource as they have reviewed this fundraiser and all of the parties involved.

• Like 1

I am shocked that a building was built on school property with a loan secured by a private citizen. If I am clear on it that is what happened. Then for whatever reason the EPFBC took over the private loan for a building on County owned property. How in the heck did it ever get approved with no collateral by the Paulding School Board? I did not think anyone could build on property THEY had no clear title to. This story gets more amazing with each and every detail. Who were the BOE members who approved such a deal?

• Like 3

For information regarding the EPHS fieldhouse please reach out to Cliff Cole. He has all the information regarding the field house and when the board approved its construction. The approval came back in 2006 some time.

For information regarding the EPHS fieldhouse please reach out to Cliff Cole. He has all the information regarding the field house and when the board approved its construction. The approval came back in 2006 some time.

I have no doubt that it happened. It did and I am still shocked. My being shocked won't change the deal.

Gog8tors,

I have no idea where the Boy Scout story came from. Probably the same person who's making all the other claims. Why do you think these claims have ended up as perpetual rumors on one social media page? Because they've been proven patently false by the authorities that over see these things and There's no one left to believe then other than the petty gossip trolls.

You HAVE NOT spoken to anyone "in the know". If they have direct knowledge of the situation they know these rumors and stories are false.

Every member has reviewed the numbers and been given the chance to ask any questions. Every question has been answered. The members all voted to continue the sale. The same goes for the school administration. There's no back room profit. No secret payments. That's been reviewed and proven multiple times. Despite the attempts of one person, the fundraiser has passed every test.

Again. Don't take my word for it. Ask those actually involved. One side will attest to what I've said and can provide all of the documentation and proof. The other side will not be able to prove a single allegation. It's all been relegated to nothing but passive/aggressive rumor mongering. Someone says "well, I heard from a reliable source that" or "I was told" none of these people are ever a me to provide anything other than hearsay. Asking someone to prove a negative is just perpetuating the rumor

You asking "where did a story start then if it's not true" is just extending the lie. It never happened. Ask the people who are spreading the rumor where they got it. Ask for proof. You'll end up back to one person with nothing to show you.

If you are truly curious, ask the people with the proof. If you just want to keep stirring the pot just to aggravate innocent people's lives, keep the rumors going. Do you want the answers or just enjoy the rumors?

Again, talk to the school.

I am shocked that a building was built on school property with a loan secured by a private citizen. If I am clear on it that is what happened. Then for whatever reason the EPFBC took over the private loan for a building on County owned property. How in the heck did it ever get approved with no collateral by the Paulding School Board? I did not think anyone could build on property THEY had no clear title to. This story gets more amazing with each and every detail. Who were the BOE members who approved such a deal?

And even more shocking is that a FDIC member bank approved such a loan. I could see that an individual booster could have loaned personal funds to the club for the project. But the bank officer that signed off on that loan should be in prison if he took that field house as collateral on property owned by the school board/county/taxpayers.

Who is the source? Why is this being kept secret? If you cannot provide that information with ACTUAL FACTS, you have gotten nothing more than lies and propaganda.

I looked up the Non Profit on the secretary of state's web site.

Ok please start another thread about band boosters, field houses, blah, blah, blah. This one was high jacked long ago and enough is enough. I voted against all incumbents except Graves and Cobb. Did not cast a ballot for probate judge, tragically unopposed. JMO.

• Like 4