Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
granny ma

New eatery in county

Reading this weeks Dallas paper there is a picture of the grand opening of "Chicago Style" restaurant . It listed types and style of food but what was not there, their address. Does any one know where they are, have you tried them and your opinion?

I believe this is in the building that used to be Brusters in Hiram. I saw that sign advertising Chicago style hot dogs.

Mealsontheway delivers from there. We had it tonight.

Blondies first comment was G*d damn, that's a good chili dog! The Italian beef was pretty freaking awesome too! Bonus, they have fudge dipped cheesecake........on a stick.

• Like 1

Mealsontheway delivers from there. We had it tonight.

Blondies first comment was G*d damn, that's a good chili dog! The Italian beef was pretty freaking awesome too! Bonus, they have fudge dipped cheesecake........on a stick.

Italian beef? Will have to check it out!

Google(ing?) turned up 4 reviews already and this quote describing the menu.

"Authentic Chicago eats like the Original Chicago Dawg, real Gyros off the spit, homemade fresh Italian Beef sandwiches & Italian Sausages on Turano rolls, fresh cut fries, Maxwell style polshes/pork chops & burgers."

I understand from the reviews that the only way to order the Italian Beef is "dipped".

I believe this is in the building that used to be Brusters in Hiram. I saw that sign advertising Chicago style hot dogs.

Correct!

I've tried that place a couple times and wasn't impressed at all. The chili dogs were not good. The only thing that was good were the fries.

Google(ing?) turned up 4 reviews already and this quote describing the menu.

"Authentic Chicago eats like the Original Chicago Dawg, real Gyros off the spit, homemade fresh Italian Beef sandwiches & Italian Sausages on Turano rolls, fresh cut fries, Maxwell style polshes/pork chops & burgers."

I understand from the reviews that the only way to order the Italian Beef is "dipped".

LOL...I'm sure that wasn't written by the owner. That touched on the majority of the menu. :rofl:

The gals that run it are from Chicago...........it's not bad, all I've had is the Italian Beef, you can tell them not to dip it but why? Ha! I hope they make it, the location is horrible. Really, really nice folks running the joint. :D

Edited by tundra

I've tried that place a couple times and wasn't impressed at all. The chili dogs were not good. The only thing that was good were the fries.

We ate there Sunday and let me tell you, it was disgusting!!! Hubby had a Chili Slaw Dog and I shared my fried withn him. I can't eat Beef Hotdogs and that's all they have. So, I ordered the chicken wings and french fries. The fries were old and overcooked. Actually they looked and tasted like they had been cooked in stale/dirty grease, got cold and reheated in the same grease. The wings tasted the same as the fries, like it was cooked in stale/dirty grease. It took forever for the food to cook and be served to us. Yes, the lady did tell us it would take 15 min for the wings but, 30 minutes is ridiculous!!! WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!!!!!

• Like 1

I tried to order there yesterday. Gave up after 10-15 min of waiting for my order to be taken. Looking at the menu I wasn't very impressed.

• Like 1

For the last year or two I've tried to NOT give any local business a bad review on ANY social media.

I've come to the conclusion that just because I had a bad experiance, the problem just might could be me.

Now once a business is gone, I'll share my unpleasant experience then.

Well, I guess I won't be trying it.

:good:

I tried to order there yesterday. Gave up after 10-15 min of waiting for my order to be taken. Looking at the menu I wasn't very impressed.

You might get 5 minutes from me waiting. Not 10-15. Was there not a manager you could have talked to?

You might get 5 minutes from me waiting. Not 10-15. Was there not a manager you could have talked to?

I walked up to the first window I saw a menu at and after standing there for a few minutes I was told to move to another window. So it wasn't like they didn't know I was there. Had time to read the whole menu a few more times and was just ignored. I gave up. So no I'm not exaggerating and it was their loss of business.

That's a shame. I always try to let a manager know. The owner may not know what's going on. At least that's the way I look at it.