Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
WHITEY

1220 days ago we were duped ny the Airport Authority

Do you two think you are helping things at all. I can't believe two grown menare acting this way.

I don't think it was Whitey calling anyone a liar or other disparaging names.

Just sayin'

• Like 2

These topics really get off course really fast... I personally would like to see facts on both sides, not the name calling... it makes it hard to respect anyone's opinion with all of the name calling...

• Like 2

First of all, I'm not "friends" with Austin. Period. I met him when he was running for Chair the first time, because he showed up at several functions being held by JK Rogers who was running for Sheriff. I did vote for him over Shearin, as the lesser of the two evils.

I did a glass repair at Dave and Lou Carmichael's home this past late summer. I was in their home on three occasions, and on the last one had a very pleasant discussion with both of them about the Commission and Dave's plan to run for Chair which he had just announced.

The Carmichael's daughter lives 6 or 7 houses away from me. I know her and her husband from neighborhood activities.

If all of that qualifies me as a "friend" or an "insider" or a "campaign worker", I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Now,.....back to the question you asked.

It is inaccurate to say that I, personally, support "Commercialization", per se. It would be a better description to say that I oppose the "antis'" tactics. I find their lies and smear campaigns and lawsuits to be totally disruptive, embarrassing, and totally based on rumors, innuendos, and outright lies .

That little group of mental midgets, led by a couple of posters here on pee.com, has managed to impose their "stuck in the 1960's" brand of "thinking" onto a County of almost 150K people. What was one of the fastest growing counties in the US, (with a population that could have grown into an amazing work force and turned the County into a giant economic force not only in GA but in the entire Southeast) is now the laughing stock of industry. Good luck in getting a manufacturing business to open a site, what with all the contention and turmoil.

Like it or not, there IS a fully equipped airport sitting out there on 278. The "no-airport" folks have effectively lost their battle. What ALL of us need to do is figure out what the best economic outcome can be from this point forward. And taking all the tools off the table only makes the problem harder to solve.

So, if that makes me "pro-commercialization"...so be it. We have an asset. It might not be the exact asset we all want, but, nevertheless, it IS an asset. And it needs to be capitalized upon before it turns into a giant liability.

I think you have more in common with the anti commercialization folks than you realize.

Insults and personal attacks on people's character are not going to help your cause.

8)

Hey Glass dogs.... You stated in a previous post.... "

"Know who made the motion to put the airport vote to the public? Know who seconded that motion? Carruth and Leggett. Funny how they can change their opinions on something they started. Rumor (well founded) has it that Leggett's "silent" campaign manager is none other than Jerry Shearin. Shearin, as you well know, is the guy behind the airport, always was and always will be. Virginia Galloway's husband was Shearin's biggest supporter within the Paulding GOP. Ah, 3 of the 4 "anti" candidates were all about the airport 10 years ago. All hooked up with the "establishment" GOB's. "

Do you know who appointed Mr. Carmichael to the Airport Authority You got it....... Jerry Shearin does that make Mr. Carmichael a part of the establishment of the GOB's

LMAO you really got your foot down your throat on that one HA HA!!!

Whitey, Roger came to see me yesterday, I have known him a long time. I asked him about Jerry and he denied it.

Of course I believe any of them will tell you anything.????

Whitey, Roger came to see me yesterday, I have known him a long time. I asked him about Jerry and he denied it.

Greatma If you will look at post #15 of this thread you will see that I did not originally post the unflattering comments about Roger Leggett.

That apparently is something that the Carmichael campaign is touting since Glassdogs first made the comment. I simply used his post to remind the readers that Dave Carmichael was appointed to the airport authority by Jerry Shearin.

Mr. Leggett served under both Bill Carruth And Jerry Shearin, I do not know if Roger was on the Commission when Mr. Carmichael was appointed by Jerry Shearin, I believe he was

I do Know that Mr. Leggett during the 1/12/1999 Board of commissioners meeting seconded the motion that Hal Echols made to adopt ( resolution 99-04) TO place on Referendum the issuance of General Obligations bonds RE: to purchase a site for a general aviation airport Motion passed 5/0 and this was under the Bill Carruth Administration.

I do believe that Mr. Leggett was for the airport before he was against it, Sort of like another politician we all know.

Greatma If you will look at post #15 of this thread you will see that I did not originally post the unflattering comments about Roger Leggett.

That apparently is something that the Carmichael campaign is touting since Glassdogs first made the comment. I simply used his post to remind the readers that Dave Carmichael was appointed to the airport authority by Jerry Shearin.

Mr. Leggett served under both Bill Carruth And Jerry Shearin, I do not know if Roger was on the Commission when Mr. Carmichael was appointed by Jerry Shearin, I believe he was

I do Know that Mr. Leggett during the 1/12/1999 Board of commissioners meeting seconded the motion that Hal Echols made to adopt ( resolution 99-04) TO place on Referendum the issuance of General Obligations bonds RE: to purchase a site for a general aviation airport Motion passed 5/0 and this was under the Bill Carruth Administration.

I do believe that Mr. Leggett was for the airport before he was against it, Sort of like another politician we all know.

Well as the old saying goes, Time will tell.

I can assure you Jerry S'hearin is NOT Roger's campaign manager.

I can assure you Jerry S'hearin is NOT Roger's campaign manager.

The operative word in my comment was "silent". (As in, behind the scenes. Puppeteer.)

Jerrry was at his fund raiser!!!

Yes, he was. In fact I was the one that told you that, you know I would never lie to you. I ate lunch at the same table with Jerry at a meeting last week. Doesn't mean a thing. Jerry is NOT Roger's campaign manager. In fact, I know his campaign manager very well. He's young, smart, and a political science major at University of West Georgia. He's really thinking about going to law school.

Edited by tundra

Yes, he was. In fact I was the one that told you that, you know I would never lie to you. I ate lunch at the same table with Jerry at a meeting last week. Doesn't mean a thing. Jerry is NOT Roger's campaign manager. In fact, I know his campaign manager very well. He's young, smart, and a political science major at University of West Georgia. He's really thinking about going to law school.

Yep. An inexperienced college boy is Roger's campaign manager. Yep.

What was it I said two posts ago^^^^^^? Puppeteer.

There's a county administrator job sitting open. I wonder who is angling for that job?

Yep. An inexperienced college boy is Roger's campaign manager. Yep.

What was it I said two posts ago^^^^^^? Puppeteer.

There's a county administrator job sitting open. I wonder who is angling for that job?

I don't know what your problem is, that young man has more experience in campaigns than most of the people running for office today. He's been campaigning since he was 16. But of course you really don't know as much as you think you do. You need to go back and see why the county administrator's job was eliminated, it's on video.

Jerrry was at his fund raiser!!!

[

/quote]

Whitey, if I went to his fundraiser, would I be accused of being his campaign manager?

I don't know what your problem is, that young man has more experience in campaigns than most of the people running for office today. He's been campaigning since he was 16. But of course you really don't know as much as you think you do. You need to go back and see why the county administrator's job was eliminated, it's on video.

Excuse meeeee?

Because I dare express an opinion that is counter to your CAVE-man culture?

You know, CAVE.....Citizens Against Virtually Everything.

All I see now is one big happy family.

Roger seconded the Motion for a bond to buy property to build a airport

Jerry appointed Mr. Carmichael to the Airport authority

And a open County managers job

I think I am about to puke!!!

• Like 1

Roger did not second a vote to buy property for an airport. Roger seconded a vote to have it put on the ballot for the people to decide. There have been people pushing for an airport in Paulding County for years. He thought the people should decide. Roger only served two years with Jerry Shearin, he was left at the end of 2001, Jerry was first elected in 2000. Roger was long gone before they decided to build the airport in spite of the vote he required be put on the ballot.

Roger was a deputy, a volunteer fireman and has stayed on the Public Safety board for years. He has over 30 years of service to Paulding County, most of it volunteer. Roger left office, after 6 years, with the same amount of money he went in with. Nothing Roger has ever done is for personal gain, he has always put people first. You may not like how he voted on things when he was in office, but I assure you the spending in the last 15 years blows what Roger did out of the water!!

Please if you have a candidate, you should be pushing for what they are going to do for Paulding County, not telling 1/2 truths and calling people names. There is no reason to be ugly, support who you want and tell us why you are supporting them.

• Like 1

Roger did not second a vote to buy property for an airport. Roger seconded a vote to have it put on the ballot for the people to decide. There have been people pushing for an airport in Paulding County for years. He thought the people should decide. Roger only served two years with Jerry Shearin, he was left at the end of 2001, Jerry was first elected in 2000. Roger was long gone before they decided to build the airport in spite of the vote he required be put on the ballot.

Roger was a deputy, a volunteer fireman and has stayed on the Public Safety board for years. He has over 30 years of service to Paulding County, most of it volunteer. Roger left office, after 6 years, with the same amount of money he went in with. Nothing Roger has ever done is for personal gain, he has always put people first. You may not like how he voted on things when he was in office, but I assure you the spending in the last 15 years blows what Roger did out of the water!!

Please if you have a candidate, you should be pushing for what they are going to do for Paulding County, not telling 1/2 truths and calling people names. There is no reason to be ugly, support who you want and tell us why you are supporting them.

I do have a candidate Robbie Dobson the only candidate the race that has always been opposed to the airport!!!!.

Roger Leggett and Virginia Galloway are not fooling anyone with their late stance on opposing the airport. Both were for it under the Shearin Administration and Roger was for it under both Carruth and Shearin administrations.

The January 12 ,1999 work session minutes are pretty clear take a look at them,,,,, You will see that the commissioners had already began the conversation with the State of Georgia the FAA looked at sites etc, and was only looking for the $3,000,000 to buy land. THERE WAS NO DISCUSSION OF DOING IT FOR THE CITIZENS. That is a afterthought on Rogers part and he should be ashamed!!!!

I know you are aware that the FAA does not reimburse for land they had to have the land for the FAA to even consider the 90% reimbursement for the runways, ect.

I really like you but..... can' go along with letting Roger, Virginia, shed their allegiance to Jerry, Lord help us from going back to those days

Robbie Dobson has been anti airport from day one. I sure wish you would support Robbie I am sure once he is elected and takes office this airport nightmare will end abruptly,

I just want the residents to have a clear understanding that some folks have changed their position on the airport in an effort to receive votes form residents that oppose the airport,

They are only trying to ride the coat tails of Tony, Vernon, Todd, and Ron

I just heard on the news that propellor has brought suit against the county. That's great.

Well just damn!

What a bunch of idiots running this county and using my tax money for their pie in the sky dreams.

• Like 1

I just heard on the news that propellor has brought suit against the county. That's great.

this should be interesting :help:

Poor poor Brett Smith.

I guess he had to sue to recover monies used in printing and making copies of private citizens personal information, for distribution.

Yep, that's the kind of guy I want my county to have a 40 year contract with.

• Like 4

Well just damn!

What a bunch of idiots running this county and using my tax money for their pie in the sky dreams.

Well, the 3 amigos and their delay and block and deny tactics are going to come to a rather screeching halt when the Federal District Court up in Rome comes down and says that Propeller has a valid, legally binding contract with PC and the AA. All the naive stuff about Propeller delaying the suits in the Tallapoosa circuit just evaporated. They apparently mean business.

Like it or not. it IS a valid, signed contract. It is enforceable. Propeller is about to do a head-slap on the 4 commissioners. I have had a gut feeling for months that Propeller had had enough of the childish maneuvering and was going to do this. And you can bet big bucks that their law firm will eat Talley, Cable, and Richardson for breakfast. The 4 post commissioners are in a NO-WIN situation.

• Like 2

Well, the 3 amigos and their delay and block and deny tactics are going to come to a rather screeching halt when the Federal District Court up in Rome comes down and says that Propeller has a valid, legally binding contract with PC and the AA. All the naive stuff about Propeller delaying the suits in the Tallapoosa circuit just evaporated. They apparently mean business.

Like it or not. it IS a valid, signed contract. It is enforceable. Propeller is about to do a head-slap on the 4 commissioners. I have had a gut feeling for months that Propeller had had enough of the childish maneuvering and was going to do this. And you can bet big bucks that their law firm will eat Talley, Cable, and Richardson for breakfast. The 4 post commissioners are in a NO-WIN situation.

I hope all the lawsuits will be settled in my lifetime and that someone will then write a book "HOW NOT TO COMMERCIALIZE AN AIRPORT".

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing video clippage of this, lol....

Who wants to bet that there aren't even 10 people employed by Propeller Investments?

Heck, I would be shocked if there were more than 5.

They don't even have enough people to have a flunky to do the dirty work, or does Mr. Smith enjoy doing that himself.

Good job bringing such a fine person to our county.

He is a real ass.....et.

• Like 3

Just so you know before you get your foot too far down your throats The only contracts I have seen is signed by Calvin Thompson who is Chairman of the Airport Authority as it relates to the Airport and commercial service,

The industrial Building Authority Leased the terminal and the fuel farm.

This makes me so proud of the Fabulous four ...Todd, Vernon, Tony and Ron for not signing any contract with propeller that I could just scream. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we are finally going to have our day in court, If only this could happen before May 24,2016 where Carmichael would be eliminated.

What a bunch of losers trying to run the airport.

I will always remember the statement that David Austin made about the head nod!!!!!!

Hey Brett I would like to see the signed contract you have with any of the commissioners either this group or the previous group. Excellent job commissioners you finally brought it to a head........... Heck lets hear all the cases and get it over with

JSYK Pubby has copies of the contracts here for your reading pleasure... HA Ha

suing someone that they don't have a contract with

• Like 2

I look forward to seeing video clippage of this, lol....

You of all people should know better, You have seen the contracts.. What County commissioner has signed a contract with propeller?

Have you read the contracts? Maybe you can tell me what commissioner signed the contract????

You of all people should know better, You have seen the contracts.. What County commissioner has signed a contract with propeller?

Have you read the contracts? Maybe you can tell me what commissioner signed the contract???

You need to have Skyline Plumbing come by and pump both you and your computer out.

You. Be. Full. Of. It. 8)

• Like 2

You need to have Skyline Plumbing come by and pump both you and your computer out.

You. Be. Full. Of. It. 8)

I guess you are still trying to figure out which commissioner has made an agreement with Brett? Hey Rose help him out He has listened to Dave Carmichael Virginia Galloway, and Roger Leggett to much.

I know that when you flunked out of school in the 7th grade, they hadn't gotten around to teaching contract law classes.

So, ponder this.... The Airport Authority is an independent entity that is not under the supervision of the Commission. Just like the Water Board. They do not have to have a Commission approval for anything they do. The water board doesn't have to go to the commission for permission to DO anything. Neither does the Airport Authority.

No Commissioner needed to sign any contract with any entity that the Airport Authority was dealing with. Any more than the Water Board has to notify the BOC of where the water purchases are being made or what brand of back hoe they are buying for installing new mains.

Do you think that when your next-door neighbor sells his house that you should get to sign on the contract whether you approve of the buyer or not?

Flash!!! It's none of your business, you aren't a party to the contract.

And neither was the BOC party to what the airport authority did. And they still aren't.

These are the organizational and legal facts. How they got to that point and whether you like them or not is not relevant.

• Like 2

I guess you are still trying to figure out which commissioner has made an agreement with Brett? Hey Rose help him out He has listened to Dave Carmichael Virginia Galloway, and Roger Leggett to much.

So now you are putting Virginia Galloway and Roger Leggett in the same boat with Dave Carmichael. I predict that the Stop the Airport coalition is about to splinter.

So now you are putting Virginia Galloway and Roger Leggett in the same boat with Dave Carmichael. I predict that the Stop the Airport coalition is about to splinter.

More like implode.

I find their lies and smear campaigns and lawsuits to be totally disruptive, embarrassing, and totally based on rumors, innuendos, and outright lies .

Prove when and where any of the group that believes people should keep promises made, has lied.

If you can't prove it,then you are the liar.

I know that when you flunked out of school in the 7th grade, they hadn't gotten around to teaching contract law classes.

So, ponder this.... The Airport Authority is an independent entity that is not under the supervision of the Commission. Just like the Water Board. They do not have to have a Commission approval for anything they do. The water board doesn't have to go to the commission for permission to DO anything. Neither does the Airport Authority.

No Commissioner needed to sign any contract with any entity that the Airport Authority was dealing with. Any more than the Water Board has to notify the BOC of where the water purchases are being made or what brand of back hoe they are buying for installing new mains.

Do you think that when your next-door neighbor sells his house that you should get to sign on the contract whether you approve of the buyer or not?

Flash!!! It's none of your business, you aren't a party to the contract.

And neither was the BOC party to what the airport authority did. And they still aren't.

These are the organizational and legal facts. How they got to that point and whether you like them or not is not relevant.

NEWS FLASH

WHEN THEY USE MY MONEY IT'S MY BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Here is what I'm waiting to see, whether CEO (and general dirty tricks flunky) Brett Smith's lawsuit comes to court before the lawsuit filed 2 yrs ago (or whenever it was) comes to trial.

Let me see if I got the facts correct.

The Airport Authority & IBA are currently involved with a lawsuit by private citizens.

The county of Paulding is planning to sue the AA & IBA.

Propeller Investments has filed suit against the AA, IBA & Paulding County.

Propeller violated the contract 1st, by never putting the 1/2 million dollars in an escrow account.

The AA & IBA and Propeller didn't make or are behind on payments to the county.

What is the common thread here?

Propeller has not brought one job or increased the revenue of our airport by one red cent.

When things get this screwed up, IMHO, you have to go back and see where things were done incorrectly, that started this snowball rolling.

There seems to be a common theme, from the beginning, and running all the way through to where we find ourselves today, the AA & IBA.

Yes others, in many positions and on many sides, could have done things different or better.

Here's a question.

Name one thing that Propeller Investments has done to try and bring revenue and jobs to our airport?

After all, they have had a contract to do so for what, 3 years?

And don't give me that, "well the people wouldn't let them bring in commercial service" or "why bring in business when there are people fighting you".

1. Per Propeller themselves, commercial service was going to be a small part (what did they say? less than 30%?) of their business plan.

2. Wasn't Propeller under contract to bring in that business?

3. Wouldn't it be a HUGE show of what Propeller's intentions were if they had brought in, any, business?

4. Wouldn't a huge number of citizens be on Propeller's side, if they had spent as much effort, time and money, bringing in business to the airport as they did, funding ugly billboards, trying to embarrass private citizens and other nasty tactics?

5. Be honest, who is willing to say they want to be married to Brett Smith for the next 40 years?

Things like this happen when people who don't have the experience & knowledge in certain areas of business, try to do things under the radar.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 3

I wonder if the EPA study was ever settled. How could anything have moved forward until that was resolved?

Prove when and where any of the group that believes people should keep promises made, has lied.

If you can't prove it,then you are the liar.

NEWS FLASH

WHEN THEY USE MY MONEY IT'S MY BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it what you will. Selectively using parts of stories, suppositions, hearsay, erroneous conclusions due to ignorance or deceit, whatever the tactic, and building a "movement" on those grounds and proclaiming it as gospel is a total house of cards.

To continually claim that a properly constituted legal entity (the airport authority) that conducted business and properly recorded said business in the minutes did something "in secret" because ONE county commissioner didn't read his emails or listen to his voice mails and was "allegedly" in the dark is, well, novel. Claiming that the other commissioners deliberately kept that information from him is not a claim the "antis" can substantiate.

Nah, we aren't going anywhere. It's okay to support other anti-commercial candidates. I will not be drawn in to saying bad things about other anti-commercial candidates, though that's just me. Everyone evolves, things and circumstances change. Heck some of the anti-commercial group supported David Austin, TWICE!

We ALL can make mistakes and still be forgiving.

The application for the part 139 was done by a county employee with no vote by the BOC, that's the crux of this whole dispute. Imagine the precedents this will set if the courts rule county employees can use such actions without approval by the BOC. The Airport Director was a county employee, working under the BOC in the Airport Department when he submitted the application.

It's a last ditch effort by Propeller, who by the way doesn't give a flying flip about Paulding County. The previous BOC and the PCAA, including Austin and Carmichael have been hoodwinked. Along with those that still support them.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 4

Call it what you will. Selectively using parts of stories, suppositions, hearsay, erroneous conclusions due to ignorance or deceit, whatever the tactic, and building a "movement" on those grounds and proclaiming it as gospel is a total house of cards.

To continually claim that a properly constituted legal entity (the airport authority) that conducted business and properly recorded said business in the minutes did something "in secret" because ONE county commissioner didn't read his emails or listen to his voice mails and was "allegedly" in the dark is, well, novel. Claiming that the other commissioners deliberately kept that information from him is not a claim the "antis" can substantiate.

Why did it take a year for the secret meeting in Douglasville to be known by anyone except the people

that did it? Why has everyone that was involved but one person lost their job? Why hasn't any of the

court cases been tried? Why are you still trying to claim this when everyone knows about the

waste of money that has happened by the former commissioners and their buddys?

• Like 2

Why did it take a year for the secret meeting in Douglasville to be known by anyone except the people

that did it? Why has everyone that was involved but one person lost their job? Why hasn't any of the

court cases been tried? Why are you still trying to claim this when everyone knows about the

waste of money that has happened by the former commissioners and their buddys?

Your record is stuck. None of those comments have a thing to do with the actual legalities.