Paulding.com

What's going to be where the old Swaffords gas station was?

The old Swaffords gas station across from Roses store on Buchannan Hwy has been up for sale for a while. We noticed that it has a sold sign on it but they also had a zoning ordinance sign up for a meeting in Feb. Does anyone know who bought it or what its supposed to be?

Gosh, this takes me back! I can remember when I was a little girl there was a small grassy mound in front of Swafford's where on nice weekends every one had their yard sales or bake sales. My grandmother and I always checked them out.

• Like 1

not sure what is going there, but i know someone who tried to rent the building, and it was not for rent, he wanted to sale it only... and he wanted one million dollars for the place.. so i guess he got it...

My sources which I can say knows tells me it is going to be another convenience store with two out parcels on the ends. Said they are doing away with the original building and building a new one. The reason for the zoning was because Swaffords was originally "grandfathered" in so the zoning had to be changed now that it is changing hands. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

He did not get the original asking price but did o.k. The lot is small and weird shaped so I do not see out parcel space available although graders can do wonders. I see Doug every now and then he is doing well. No the cat is still in the bag, Everyone will know soon.

• 2 weeks later...

same people or different ones? I could tell its not a chain store, bc the owners are tearing down the old store, piece by piece and not just bulldozing it down. Anyway, I hope they do good and give Roses a little competition. But we need more eating places out here.

same people or different ones? I could tell its not a chain store, bc the owners are tearing down the old store, piece by piece and not just bulldozing it down. Anyway, I hope they do good and give Roses a little competition. But we need more eating places out here.

More eating places, do we have any? Phat Phils is over in Harralson County, I guess it's the closest besides Rockmart or Villa Rica.

• Like 1

More eating places, do we have any? Phat Phils is over in Harralson County, I guess it's the closest besides Rockmart or Villa Rica.

you are right, we only have phat phils, besides having to drive to new ga. I guess we can still wish. I have been a mile from Roses Store for 10 years now and thought by now, we would have something............

• Like 1